Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2014, 11:16 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lowcarbella
Stats: 241(pregnancy highest)/185/150(or 20-25%BF)
WOE: LCHF/NK/MFF
Start Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by synger View Post
Perhaps you can sit down with the in-laws and figure out a list of things that they like to eat that are on-plan for you, too. When I was vegetarian and my husband was not, I planned a meal that would be my main dish and his side dish, then cooked him a meat to go with it. That worked without me having to make two completely separate meals.

Even if you can only agree on two or three main dishes (roast chicken, scrambled eggs, beef stew), you will have those three things in common. Then cook those as the main dish for dinner, with starchy sides for those that want them. And you don't have to do short-order cooking for each person.

Things we've done in our mixed low-carb household:
  • Make your own pizza nigt: each person gets a quarter or half a pizza to top as they like. I eat my toppings separately.
  • Big pot of chili or stew made with low-carb veggies: they can add beans or cooked potatoes if they want them
  • Kabobs (did this for Memorial Day): meat and veggies on skewers, grilled. Cabbage salad (for all) and garlic bread (for carb-eaters).
  • Roast chicken: I make veggies for me, and hubbie gets rice and veggies.
  • Taco night: People make their own, mine was taco toppings over salad greens

I will definitely use your list but for sit down talks with in-laws,Have you ever watched Everybody loves Raymond show,mine is a lot exagerrated version of that

I would rather stand upside down all day than have legible reasonable talk with them.that said,everyone left 2 days ago,and I am finally getting back to normal.Not easy at all,but I will get back.There is nothing so annoying like losing the same 20 pounds you lost over and over again.
lowcarbella is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2014, 01:31 PM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sbarr
Stats: 220/178.2/135 (11-Sept)
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis (18 carb/70 protein/116 fat)
Start Date: Jan 2005/Jan 2011/Oct 2012/Jan 2014 - bah!!
At least quickly and recently gained weight will come off quicker - don't give it time to stick around!!
sbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:16 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
I'm so glad things are getting back to normal. It's so easy to get frustrated and off-track when things are out of kilter.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:16 PM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shadrach
As others have said: 1. Set some limits.

As they say, you're worth it.

As far as quick options, microwave omelettes, bags of precooked chicken and precut lettuce for quick salads, fast food places will all give you low carb burgers wrapped in lettuce with mustard (jack in the box is good). There are some brands of low carb hot wings with 1 or 2 carbs per serving, seven minutes in the microwave while you put some cream cheese in celery sticks. You can also late one night make a pot of ten or more servings of low carb chili, spaghetti bolognaise, or beef stroganoff and put individual servings in the freezer. Miracle Noodles have zero carbs and cook in one minute, then can be topped with whatever you made for everyone else, spaghetti, chicken alfredo, etc.
shadrach is offline   Reply With Quote