Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2014, 07:25 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peace
Stats: 115
WOE: stillmans
FAT

Ok, today I just feel like there is no hope for me other than I just feel downright fat. I have tried almost everything and today I get on the scale- BOOM- 118. Ridiculous. I feel it in my tummy, legs.

I don't want to give up, but seriously, can someone reassure me that this will go away.

I have been eating a lot of chicken... could that be it?

I am trying to lose not GAIN.

Maybe I need to just cut back on food, but after all these posts, you guys have seen that I do not eat that much. It just doesn't make sense.

I am positive person, so I believe there is an answer, I just need to find it.
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2014, 08:35 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Jennyl
Start Date: manana
It's pretty normal for most people to have ups and downs. I'm sure I would not look at a 118 lb person and think they were fat.
Jennyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:14 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Thanks. I guess it is hard when I have always been very tiny, like 112 or under. It might be stress or just too much protein, too much exercise with weights. Tomorrow is a new day.

I had a cucumber tonite working on my dissertation. I am also exhausted so that could be the yuck feeling as well. thanks for the hope and encouragement.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:21 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JohnAndHisCat
WOE: General low-carb, bit of a Ketogenic focus
Start Date: February 2014
Yeah, you'd have to be, like, 5 foot or under for me to consider a 118 lb person to be "fat."
JohnAndHisCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:39 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 46 pounds down, 102 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
Peace, have you ever had a habit of taking out your feelings/stress on food in the past? I ask because people who struggle with over eating are not that different than people who struggle with eating in general--- in the way that during times of high stress they use food as a means to focus on/control.

I mention this because of your dissertation. I know that when I was going to college, I used food to focus my stress on...I just did it in the opposite way and ate junk.

I hope you don't feel this intrusive. I read your threads and I feel bad because you sound so frustrated. Maybe it isn't about food?

Am I out of lines asking this?
NSG#1: Log 40 hours of Callanetics by my bday
NSG#2: Fit into my wedding dress
NSG#3: Fit into my size 18 denim skirt
Be firmly in twoterville within 2 weeks.
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:23 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BaconLover
Stats: 310/283/210
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: In between stresses--restart after house sells.
If I remember right, the body can be +/- 1.4 liters of water before you consciously feel the need to drink or let loose some water. So that's +/- about 3 pounds daily. This fluctuation can be higher with strenuous activity or weight training, with both activities causing water retention to repair tissue.

Just remember Nutritional Ketosis is about more than just losing weight. It's about decreasing blood insulin levels and the harmful effects associated with hyperinsulinemia.
BaconLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:25 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovetoknit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Ok, today I just feel like there is no hope for me other than I just feel downright fat. I have tried almost everything and today I get on the scale- BOOM- 118. Ridiculous. I feel it in my tummy, legs.

I don't want to give up, but seriously, can someone reassure me that this will go away.

I have been eating a lot of chicken... could that be it?

I am trying to lose not GAIN.

Maybe I need to just cut back on food, but after all these posts, you guys have seen that I do not eat that much. It just doesn't make sense.

I am positive person, so I believe there is an answer, I just need to find it.
118 is a good weight. You sound thin to me. At that weight, you do not need too much protein. If you feel fat, do not trust your feelings. They lie to you. We cannot live by our feelings.
Carolyn
lovetoknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:23 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Party- Not intrusive at all. My issues have been in the past about emotional eating, you are correct. Now, I am trying to focus on overall health.. hence, the introduction to new fat. This is so hard for me, but I feel like I need to do something to make the fat disappear in the belly and feel satisfied with my food.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:25 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 46 pounds down, 102 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
You are so committed that I am sure you will reach your goal. I hope this all works for you as you hope!
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:48 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Hi Party-- thank you so much for recognizing this.. sometimes I feel like it is useless, but you are right!! I can do this. I owe it to myself to be healthy.

yes, I am ok with the accident, I was just shaken a bit. I feel like alot of my issue with food is that I dwell on it. I need to find other things to focus on that are fun. Food is not EVERYTHING nor is diet.

What is ironic is when I start focusing on other things, I actually hardly eat and then the cycle begins again. I have to make a conscious effort to eat... never been a big food person in general. In fact, I still think eating is overrated, but that is just me. I tend to look at it like it just a survival function. I have not actually enjoyed the taste of food is so long that it is normal for me.

Ok, need sleep--- Thanks for being so kind and checking on me. It means alot.