Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/nutritional-ketosis-high-fat-low-carb/)
-   -   FAT (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/nutritional-ketosis-high-fat-low-carb/830998-fat.html)

Peace 05-13-2014 06:25 PM

FAT

Ok, today I just feel like there is no hope for me other than I just feel downright fat. I have tried almost everything and today I get on the scale- BOOM- 118. Ridiculous. I feel it in my tummy, legs.

I don't want to give up, but seriously, can someone reassure me that this will go away.

I have been eating a lot of chicken... could that be it?

I am trying to lose not GAIN.

Maybe I need to just cut back on food, but after all these posts, you guys have seen that I do not eat that much. It just doesn't make sense.

I am positive person, so I believe there is an answer, I just need to find it.

Jennyl 05-13-2014 07:35 PM

It's pretty normal for most people to have ups and downs. I'm sure I would not look at a 118 lb person and think they were fat.

Peace 05-13-2014 09:14 PM

Thanks. I guess it is hard when I have always been very tiny, like 112 or under. It might be stress or just too much protein, too much exercise with weights. Tomorrow is a new day.

I had a cucumber tonite:) working on my dissertation. I am also exhausted so that could be the yuck feeling as well. thanks for the hope and encouragement.

JohnAndHisCat 05-13-2014 09:21 PM

Yeah, you'd have to be, like, 5 foot or under for me to consider a 118 lb person to be "fat."

Partyof7 05-13-2014 09:39 PM

Peace, have you ever had a habit of taking out your feelings/stress on food in the past? I ask because people who struggle with over eating are not that different than people who struggle with eating in general--- in the way that during times of high stress they use food as a means to focus on/control.

I mention this because of your dissertation. I know that when I was going to college, I used food to focus my stress on...I just did it in the opposite way and ate junk. :(

I hope you don't feel this intrusive. I read your threads and I feel bad because you sound so frustrated. Maybe it isn't about food?

Am I out of lines asking this?

BaconLover 05-14-2014 05:23 AM

If I remember right, the body can be +/- 1.4 liters of water before you consciously feel the need to drink or let loose some water. So that's +/- about 3 pounds daily. This fluctuation can be higher with strenuous activity or weight training, with both activities causing water retention to repair tissue.

Just remember Nutritional Ketosis is about more than just losing weight. It's about decreasing blood insulin levels and the harmful effects associated with hyperinsulinemia.

lovetoknit 05-14-2014 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peace (Post 16909466)
Ok, today I just feel like there is no hope for me other than I just feel downright fat. I have tried almost everything and today I get on the scale- BOOM- 118. Ridiculous. I feel it in my tummy, legs.

I don't want to give up, but seriously, can someone reassure me that this will go away.

I have been eating a lot of chicken... could that be it?

I am trying to lose not GAIN.

Maybe I need to just cut back on food, but after all these posts, you guys have seen that I do not eat that much. It just doesn't make sense.

I am positive person, so I believe there is an answer, I just need to find it.

118 is a good weight. You sound thin to me. At that weight, you do not need too much protein. If you feel fat, do not trust your feelings. They lie to you. We cannot live by our feelings.
Carolyn

Peace 05-14-2014 08:23 PM

Party- Not intrusive at all. My issues have been in the past about emotional eating, you are correct. Now, I am trying to focus on overall health.. hence, the introduction to new fat. This is so hard for me, but I feel like I need to do something to make the fat disappear in the belly and feel satisfied with my food.

Partyof7 05-14-2014 08:25 PM

You are so committed that I am sure you will reach your goal. I hope this all works for you as you hope!

Peace 05-14-2014 08:48 PM

Hi Party-- thank you so much for recognizing this.. sometimes I feel like it is useless, but you are right!! I can do this. I owe it to myself to be healthy.

yes, I am ok with the accident, I was just shaken a bit. I feel like alot of my issue with food is that I dwell on it. I need to find other things to focus on that are fun. Food is not EVERYTHING nor is diet.

What is ironic is when I start focusing on other things, I actually hardly eat and then the cycle begins again. I have to make a conscious effort to eat... never been a big food person in general. In fact, I still think eating is overrated, but that is just me. I tend to look at it like it just a survival function. I have not actually enjoyed the taste of food is so long that it is normal for me.

Ok, need sleep---:) Thanks for being so kind and checking on me. It means alot.