Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2014, 04:19 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MSS726
WOE: Low Carb
Questions with Calculations

I just tried the calculator and for me it came out to:

1301 Kcal
25g carb
58g protein
108g fat

How do you calculate 108 grams of fat?

How do I transfer grams to pounds or ounces? I am not very fluent in the metric system. is there an easy way to track?

Would ************ or ****** be a good choice?

Does everyone track grams or do you convert to ounces and lbs?

Any help appreciated!
MSS726 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2014, 04:45 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Stats: SW:310 CW:266 GW:130
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Looks like the choices were starred out. I know the *** (if you understand the abbreviation) is very popular here.

As for the grams issue... most trackers will offer a total at the bottom. So if you add make an entry of two tablespoons of olive oil, it will count towards your total in grams. Just be careful with premade entries. For example, not all salads are made equal and some may or may not account for a dressing of type unnamed.

The best way to go about tracking is to get calorie and macro totals for common ingredients so you have a rough idea of what you're eating. Then you can plan out a menu for the day and then log it to make sure.

Remember that with keto it's essential to get your protein allowance to maintain lean body mass and keep under your carb macro. The fat is to keep you full and make up your calorie allowance but you can eat under.

Edit: Well, guess the abbreviation didn't work. Just choose one you find easy to use and comfortable with.
backseatadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:46 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EricaHV
Stats: 240/205/120-145
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: 2/21/14
I cant name the calculator I use, but it is a common one. It converts the measurements I use into Grams.
EricaHV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:52 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, that helped. I was under the impression I had to consume all of the fat, since it is a high fat diet. Possibly that's why I am not losing? Yes, I put two popular calculation sites in. I didn't know I wasn't allow to mention them. Should have read the rules first
Old 05-05-2014, 06:31 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Stats: SW:310 CW:266 GW:130
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS726 View Post
Thanks, that helped. I was under the impression I had to consume all of the fat, since it is a high fat diet. Possibly that's why I am not losing? Yes, I put two popular calculation sites in. I didn't know I wasn't allow to mention them. Should have read the rules first
You should be eating a good proportion of the fat because it is a high fat diet as you said. The fat is essential too to make your calorie target and for sustained energy. Without it you'll really get hungry and lack energy. Fat is also a very important building block for the body and brain.

It is okay not to get 100% in, though. Personally, and anecdotally, women seem to do lose best when they keep 60-80% fat. I know if I've been skimping my fat macro I tend to slow in my weightloss. For me and a lot of people it's when you go over your protein that cause stalls.

If you are hitting your macros and still not losing, it's a good first step to lower protein and up fat. If that doesn't work then reduce carbs.
backseatadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:14 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ali59oc
Stats: 205/148/135
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: 1/2/2014
Definitely lower the protein and up the fat. I've been doing this for the past few days and see a marked difference in lost inches. I'm hoping to come out of a 8 day stall doing this.
ali59oc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:16 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

OK, I think I have got it. I will try to lower the protein, but I think today went well. Again, drinking various teas are helping me a lot! Does my total look OK?

According to the keto calculator, and M.F.P., which has just become my new best friend, I am under calories, but not hungry, so not stressing.

This is my totals for the day:

Totals 1,108 26 95 37
Your Daily Goal 1,301 33 108 49
Remaining 193 7 13 12
Calories Carbs Fat Protein

Last edited by MSS726; 05-06-2014 at 06:17 PM.. Reason: Doesn't look right