Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2014, 08:24 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EricaHV
Stats: 240/205/120-145
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: 2/21/14
Some thoughts on my past week, please

I was up 1lb when I weighed this AM... so the last three weeks have been strange. (up 2 lbs, down 2 lbs and then up 1 lb this week) I had decided that the last two weeks were probably related to my period, but a third week of no real progress is frustrating. Clothes are still feeling a little looser every day. I am hoping it is just muscle composition. I do not count calories on a daily basis, but I do keep a detailed food journal with everything I eat so I can check calories if I need to. I summarized the week...It is long... sorry about that. I actually aim for more protein than I got this week. Everything looks ok, so I am wondering what I may be missing. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Last Week Summary:

Monday
Bf: 2 slice bacon, 2 eggs, sprinkled with a little cheese and green chili, fatty coffee
L: Sardines (about 1/3 container), small Salad with oil &vinegar and a little cheese, 1/2 avocado
D: Wild pronghorn Tenderloin Chops... about 3 oz (omg, the pronghorn cut was amazing, Adam was given these at work) Kale cooked in grassfed butter with almonds mixed in.
Fatty Chai. Keto Lemonade (water with a good squeeze of lemon, a little apple cider vinegar and a few drops of liquid stevia)

beef bone broth... not full fat, due to taste
Calories: 1324 Carb: 16 Fat:110 Protein: 52
(carb count is a little funny, the calculator I use has net carbs on some things and total carbs on others)
Workout: 10 min morning intervals and planks, Speed Skating Class 1.5 hr, .5hr of that is off skates (Should be over 800 cal burned, if it mattered, and I donít think it does)

Tuesday:
breakfast
2 eggs scrambled with green chili and cheese
2 slices bacon
1 cup fatty coffee.

Late Lunch
Small Salad (1cup spring greens, sprinkled with cheese, topped with goddess dressing)
1/2 avocado
small pieceof salmon broiled in butter. (3oz)
1/4 cup of sauerkraut

No dinner, not hungry, had to go to practice, but I did have some bone broth.
Calories: 906 Carb: 11 Fat: 71 Protein: 40
(carb count is a little funny, the calculator I use has net carbs on some things and total carbs on others)
Workout: 10 min morning intervals and planks, Derby Practice 2 hr (Should be over 1380 cal burned, if it mattered, and I donít think it does)

Weds:
breakfast
2 slices bacon
1 cup fatty coffee.

Lunch
Broccoli cooked in a little grassfed butter
one egg scrambled

Snacked on 4 slices of large pepperoni in the afternoon.

Bone Broth Before Practice

Dinner/late snack after practice... 2 slices raw cheese a little carne asada (bought a total of .3 lbs and used less than 1/3 of container... so whatever that is) and 1/2 avocado and fatty chai.
Calories: 1490 Carb: 16 Fat: 140 Protein: 52
Workout: 10 min morning intervals and planks, Derby Practice 2 hr (Should be over 1380 cal burned, if it mattered, and I donít think it does)

Thurs:
breakfast
2 slices bacon
1 cup fatty coffee.

Lunch
1/2 avocado (salted) Small Salad (spring mix, dandelion, cilantro, a little cheese, pepper dressing) 3 oz carne asada

Dinner
about 2 oz bison liver, cooked in grassfed butter with onions, Green beans cooked in grass-fed butter and herbs 1/2 avocado and fatty chai.
Calories: 1345 Carb: 20 Fat: 113 Protein: 42
Workout: 10 min morning intervals and planks other than that, off

Friday:
breakfast
2 slices bacon
1 cup fatty coffee.

Lunch
1/2 avocado (salted) 1/4 cup sauerkraut

Dinner
Small salad with goddess dressing and cheese, Hamburger, no bun, pickles and lettuce and fatty chai.
Calories: 1150 Carb: 14 Fat: 96 Protein: 30
Workout: 10 min morning intervals and planks, stretching via 1 hr light yoga

Saturday:

breakfast
2 slices bacon
1 cup fatty coffee.

Pre- workout I had a cup of bone broth. It was my long day, ended up being about 6 hours including the bike ride to practice.

Lunch
N/a- workout from 10am -4pm but did eat about 1/2cup of sauerkraut when I got home... and a lot of water...

Dinner
Very small pour of dry red wine, 3 oz grassfed tenderloin, green beans cooked in butter and herbs, topped with Parmesan, 1/2 avocado (salted) This dinner was AMAZING.

I also made some whipped cream stuff (heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, vanilla extract and a little stevia) and had a little of that. Maybe 1/4 cup if I am over estimating.
Calories: 1384 Carb: 26 Fat: 112 Protein: 48
Workout: 4 hours skating 2 hours biking to and from practice. (should burn about 3300 calories)
Sunday:
breakfast
2 slices bacon
1 cup fatty coffee.

Lunch
1/2 avocado and about 2-3 oz skin on chicken breast. 2 small slices of robusto cheese (less than one oz)
Snack- 1 Cup of bubbies pickle juice
Dinner
1 cup sauerkraut and 1/2 an elk brat.
Fatty Chai
Calories: 1304 Carb: 15 Fat: 105 Protein: 57
Workout: None, but it is an active day, we clean the house, play games with kids, etc.
EricaHV is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2014, 08:51 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shaselai
Stats: 297/221.4/176
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 2/24/2014
Sorry to hear that EricaHV. I am still new to this diet (~3 months in) so i can only ask some questions related to what i read mostly:
1. Have you introduced any new meals/food groups during this past 3 weeks that has became a staple to your diet? If you have maybe try taking that out and see if it has any effects?
2. Are you hitting close to your protein/fat macros?

Your meal plan is much more diverse than mine since you have a family so I can't give a lot of inputs on the meals themselves as much is foreign to me. I do see a lot of "fatty beverage" - were those being used before when you were losing?
shaselai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:01 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaselai View Post
Sorry to hear that EricaHV. I am still new to this diet (~3 months in) so i can only ask some questions related to what i read mostly:
1. Have you introduced any new meals/food groups during this past 3 weeks that has became a staple to your diet? If you have maybe try taking that out and see if it has any effects?
2. Are you hitting close to your protein/fat macros?

Your meal plan is much more diverse than mine since you have a family so I can't give a lot of inputs on the meals themselves as much is foreign to me. I do see a lot of "fatty beverage" - were those being used before when you were losing?
Thank you so much for for your input , Asking these questions is a good place to start.

I changed from 2 fatty coffees to 1 fatty tea and one fatty coffee, also went from 1 slice of butter and one spoon (the small one, that is a tsp.right?) of CO to one or the other. Fat is the primary energy source in this WOE, and since I work out a lot I am not too worried about that.

The extra 10 min morning workout started about 3 weeks ago.

Other than swapping the tea for the coffee, I can not think of any difference. I can't imagine that would matter much.

I am hitting a little lower than I was planning for my protein. I have been feeling ok though.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:04 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

I was also only eating between 6 am and 3pm until the last week or so. It happened naturally, but I do not want to force it, so last week it was not what happened naturally
Old 05-05-2014, 09:15 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bridgee'sMom
Stats: 194/174/150ish
WOE: Nutritional ketosis
Start Date: January 2014
Erica, if you read my entry in the other thread, you know I've basically got nothing. My April looked pretty much like what you're going through now. But a couple glasses of wine one evening and a day with MUCH higher macros than ever, and I'm down to a new low. I can't figure it out...

The only thing that caught my eye is your protein macro. It looks like the same level I was trying for most of the last couple of weeks. The only thing I can say for sure is: I have no idea! But I DO feel your pain and understand what you're going through. It's frustrating!!

Hang in there,

Kathee
Bridgee'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:28 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridgee'sMom View Post
Erica, if you read my entry in the other thread, you know I've basically got nothing. My April looked pretty much like what you're going through now. But a couple glasses of wine one evening and a day with MUCH higher macros than ever, and I'm down to a new low. I can't figure it out...

The only thing that caught my eye is your protein macro. It looks like the same level I was trying for most of the last couple of weeks. The only thing I can say for sure is: I have no idea! But I DO feel your pain and understand what you're going through. It's frustrating!!

Hang in there,

Kathee
Thanks for your support Kathee!
Old 05-05-2014, 09:34 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: frteach
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Jan 2014
I go through this too and it is frustrating. Perhaps it is muscle gain due to exercising? As I think we discussed in a different thread, I have a similar pattern of staying stable for a few weeks and then all of a sudden, for no apparent reason, I have a whoosh of a pound or two and then it begins again. I sometimes go up a pound right before that whoosh though too, so maybe you are on the verge?
frteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:40 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frteach View Post
I go through this too and it is frustrating. Perhaps it is muscle gain due to exercising? As I think we discussed in a different thread, I have a similar pattern of staying stable for a few weeks and then all of a sudden, for no apparent reason, I have a whoosh of a pound or two and then it begins again. I sometimes go up a pound right before that whoosh though too, so maybe you are on the verge?
Thanks for the encouragement I hope this is the case!
Old 05-05-2014, 10:16 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Also, blood was at .7 this am, so clearly not super deep in keto, but I don't know where I can reduce carbs or increase fat at this point.

I have tested it more regularly than I weigh in, it has ranged from .7-1.2
Old 05-05-2014, 10:18 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sbarr
Stats: 220/182/135 (26-Jul)
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis (18 carb/70 protein/116 fat)
Start Date: Jan 2005/Jan 2011/Oct 2012/Jan 2014 - bah!!
Hang in there - you're the poster child for clean eating.

I wish I could suggest something, but other than the lower protein, nothing jumps out. You're eating whole foods, clean and it looks great.

Your scale - is it just weight or also body fat? The body fat is not accurate, but it does provide context for hydration - a couple of pounds could be water and this will often show as a lower body fat %. I weigh daily, taking first note of the weight and then consider the body fat/hydration to explain any fluctuations.

One quick question - and for lack of a better way of describing it, do you have any jiggly fluff (basically parts of your body that feel uncharacteristically "mushy") - these can often be followed by a "whoosh" or weight loss.

We are all cheering you on!

What we weigh is the result of a meal, a day, a week, a month, a year of choices...

Psssst...Nothing tastes as good as ketosis feels!
sbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:29 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: earthcrosser
WOE: LCRF, NK
Start Date: March 2014
My first thought is-what do you do that you work out that much???

I got nothing either, on my first glance. You are the model clean eater. How much more weight do you have to lose before you reach your goal?
earthcrosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:31 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sigh - I look at all your exercise and think: Oy, I wish my car was so efficient...
Old 05-05-2014, 10:51 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarr View Post
Hang in there - you're the poster child for clean eating.

I wish I could suggest something, but other than the lower protein, nothing jumps out. You're eating whole foods, clean and it looks great.

Your scale - is it just weight or also body fat? The body fat is not accurate, but it does provide context for hydration - a couple of pounds could be water and this will often show as a lower body fat %. I weigh daily, taking first note of the weight and then consider the body fat/hydration to explain any fluctuations.

One quick question - and for lack of a better way of describing it, do you have any jiggly fluff (basically parts of your body that feel uncharacteristically "mushy") - these can often be followed by a "whoosh" or weight loss.

We are all cheering you on!
Thank you so much for the support

I have been admiring more tone on a lot of my body, so that is exciting, but I have that extra fat and skin on my tummy that showed up after having kids and never went away, that is pretty jiggly It felt more firm a few days ago. I have several areas to lose from, but that is the most noticeable.

My scale is supposed to tell me bodyfat percentage, which as you mentioned is not good for calculating that, but I have been getting an error. I probably hop off the scale too quickly.

I am going to try weighing in daily for a few days or so to see if I notice any forward progress. I tend to be heavy on Tuesdays because my Monday workout is killer so my muscles are always sore.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:54 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

If you query on "jiggly" it's encouraging. Me - I was jiggly before, am jiggly now, will probably always be jiggly.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:04 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthcrosser View Post
My first thought is-what do you do that you work out that much???

I got nothing either, on my first glance. You are the model clean eater. How much more weight do you have to lose before you reach your goal?
Thanks for your thoughts

I actually have a long way to go. 75 lbs for the upper end of my goal, 95 for the lower end. I weigh 218 and my goal is between 125 and 145. (I am only 5'2") I was about 145 and super muscular before having kids, I wore a size 8 pants (derby butt) usually and small or xs tops. I guess what I am saying is that while I would LIKE to get down to 125, I am not sure it is realistic.

I play roller derby, I love it and have played since 2005, it is so fun! It is not professional, but I am on our all- star travel team and it is a big deal (to me) and hard work. We travel all around the country and may even be going to Canada this year. I actually think it is healthier to work out less, but I have to maintain a certain practice and cross-training requirement in order to play. Unfortunately, the extra weight often feels like it is holding me back.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:05 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Sigh - I look at all your exercise and think: Oy, I wish my car was so efficient...

Too bad I have no great famine to survive, lol!
Old 05-05-2014, 11:09 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
If you query on "jiggly" it's encouraging. Me - I was jiggly before, am jiggly now, will probably always be jiggly.

Thanks, I did a search and am reading through some now, this is encouraging
Old 05-05-2014, 11:11 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

I second the jiggly fat as being a predictor of eminent scale movement. I had been really jiggly for a couple of days- noticeably jiggly. On about the 3rd or 4th day I began my whoosh. So far it is a pound, which is good for me, but I noticed the scale hesitating between two numbers this am, which usually means I am just a smidge higher than that next half pound loss. My scale only has half pounds.

My body fat was significantly lower this am though. That could be hydration though after my weekend outdoors.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:22 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I second the jiggly fat as being a predictor of eminent scale movement. I had been really jiggly for a couple of days- noticeably jiggly. On about the 3rd or 4th day I began my whoosh. So far it is a pound, which is good for me, but I noticed the scale hesitating between two numbers this am, which usually means I am just a smidge higher than that next half pound loss. My scale only has half pounds.

My body fat was significantly lower this am though. That could be hydration though after my weekend outdoors.
Thanks for the thoughts on the jiggly fat and water.

I drank like a cup of bubbies pickle juice yesterday, which was followed by like 10 glasses of water within a few hours and maybe 20 for the day and then resulted in something similar to Sbarr's salt cleanse , I am pretty sure. So I am not sure if I am ultra cleaned out and should be lower, or super hydrated and am higher.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:27 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: earthcrosser
WOE: LCRF, NK
Start Date: March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaHV View Post
Thanks for your thoughts

I actually have a long way to go. 75 lbs for the upper end of my goal, 95 for the lower end. I weigh 218 and my goal is between 125 and 145. (I am only 5'2") I was about 145 and super muscular before having kids, I wore a size 8 pants (derby butt) usually and small or xs tops. I guess what I am saying is that while I would LIKE to get down to 125, I am not sure it is realistic.

I play roller derby, I love it and have played since 2005, it is so fun! It is not professional, but I am on our all- star travel team and it is a big deal (to me) and hard work. We travel all around the country and may even be going to Canada this year. I actually think it is healthier to work out less, but I have to maintain a certain practice and cross-training requirement in order to play. Unfortunately, the extra weight often feels like it is holding me back.
OMG that sounds awesome, fun and a little scary too!! Good for you. That is loads of hard work, on top of kids and a husband! I hope you don't exhaust yourself (mom talk )....Keep up the good work, you should be really proud of yourself for your commitment. You'll get there-you were there before...you can do it again.
earthcrosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:03 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: abuvia
Stats: 170, 38" waist/138, 32"/125 or 30"
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 17, 2014
Your diet looks great to me, Erica. I know you've been seeing good results... Maybe it's just a small plateau?

I think I've hit one this week, too, either that or I'm one of those odd birds that needs to eat more calories to lose weight... I had a significantly lower-calorie, lower-carb week than ever since I've started tracking and lost *less* weight.

Go figure!

Good luck to you! Hopefully you have a woosh (like that nice 7 lb one) coming.
abuvia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:27 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grneyedldy
Okay I'm a little confused, this is the first time you haven't seen a lost since 2/22? There could be so many reasons why and IMHO none of them should make you consider tweaking your current woe except for the glaringly low amount of protein you're eating. Especially with your exercise schedule.

You should be gaining muscle (but I worry about you losing lbm due to consistently low protein), your hormones can play a role with your weight any time of the month, unless you eat the exact same things every single day and even then, your food weighs different amounts, etc., etc., etc.

Of course this is all just my opinion, but the only thing I would do if I were you, would be to up my protein.
grneyedldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:43 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyedldy View Post
Okay I'm a little confused, this is the first time you haven't seen a lost since 2/22? There could be so many reasons why and IMHO none of them should make you consider tweaking your current woe except for the glaringly low amount of protein you're eating. Especially with your exercise schedule.

You should be gaining muscle (but I worry about you losing lbm due to consistently low protein), your hormones can play a role with your weight any time of the month, unless you eat the exact same things every single day and even then, your food weighs different amounts, etc., etc., etc.

Of course this is all just my opinion, but the only thing I would do if I were you, would be to up my protein.
Thank you for your opinion

No, I am not sure where the date 2/22 came from? Now I'm confused I have lost about 22 lbs since I started here. The last 3 weeks have been going up and down.

I do aim for more protein,( and actually more calories) I agree with that completely.

Last edited by EricaHV; 05-05-2014 at 12:47 PM..
Old 05-05-2014, 12:46 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuvia View Post
Your diet looks great to me, Erica. I know you've been seeing good results... Maybe it's just a small plateau?

I think I've hit one this week, too, either that or I'm one of those odd birds that needs to eat more calories to lose weight... I had a significantly lower-calorie, lower-carb week than ever since I've started tracking and lost *less* weight.

Go figure!

Good luck to you! Hopefully you have a woosh (like that nice 7 lb one) coming.
I also tend to do a little better on higher calorie weeks, that has been a frequent trend. I have no idea what that is about lol.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:47 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovetoknit
Quote:
I was up 1lb when I weighed this AM... so the last three weeks have been strange. (up 2 lbs, down 2 lbs and then up 1 lb this week) I had decided that the last two weeks were probably related to my period, but a third week of no real progress is frustrating. Clothes are still feeling a little looser every day. I am hoping it is just muscle composition. I do not count calories on a daily basis, but I do keep a detailed food journal with everything I eat so I can check calories if I need to. I summarized the week...It is long... sorry about that. I actually aim for more protein than I got this week. Everything looks ok, so I am wondering what I may be missing. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Last Week Summary:

Monday
Bf: 2 slice bacon, 2 eggs, sprinkled with a little cheese and green chili, fatty coffee
L: Sardines (about 1/3 container), small Salad with oil &vinegar and a little cheese, 1/2 avocado
D: Wild pronghorn Tenderloin Chops... about 3 oz (omg, the pronghorn cut was amazing, Adam was given these at work) Kale cooked in grassfed butter with almonds mixed in.
Fatty Chai. Keto Lemonade (water with a good squeeze of lemon, a little apple cider vinegar and a few drops of liquid stevia)

beef bone broth... not full fat, due to taste
Calories: 1324 Carb: 16 Fat:110 Protein: 52
Workout: 10 min morning intervals and planks, Speed Skating Class 1.5 hr, .5hr of that is off skates (Should be over 800 cal burned, if it mattered, and I donít think it does)

Tuesday:
breakfast
2 slices bacon
1 cup fatty coffee.

Late Lunch
Small Salad (1cup spring greens, sprinkled with cheese, topped with goddess dressing)
1/2 avocado
small pieceof salmon broiled in butter. (3oz)
1/4 cup of sauerkraut

No dinner, not hungry, had to go to practice, but I did have some bone broth.
Calories: 906 Carb: 11 Fat: 71 Protein: 40

Weds:
breakfast
2 slices bacon
1 cup fatty coffee.

Lunch
Broccoli cooked in a little grassfed butter
one egg scrambled

Snacked on 4 slices of large pepperoni in the afternoon.

Bone Broth Before Practice

Dinner/late snack after practice... 2 slices raw cheese a little carne asada (bought a total of .3 lbs and used less than 1/3 of container... so whatever that is) and 1/2 avocado and fatty chai.
Calories: 1490 Carb: 16 Fat: 140 Protein: 52

Thurs:
breakfast
2 slices bacon
1 cup fatty coffee.

Lunch
1/2 avocado (salted) Small Salad (spring mix, dandelion, cilantro, a little cheese, pepper dressing) 3 oz carne asada

Dinner
about 2 oz bison liver, cooked in grassfed butter with onions, Green beans cooked in grass-fed butter and herbs 1/2 avocado and fatty chai.
Calories: 1345 Carb: 20 Fat: 113 Protein: 42
Workout: 10 min morning intervals and planks other than that, off

Friday:
breakfast
2 slices bacon
1 cup fatty coffee.

Lunch
1/2 avocado (salted) 1/4 cup sauerkraut

Dinner
Small salad with goddess dressing and cheese, Hamburger, no bun, pickles and lettuce and fatty chai.
Calories: 1150 Carb: 14 Fat: 96 Protein: 30
Workout: 10 min morning intervals and planks, stretching via 1 hr light yoga

Saturday:

breakfast
2 slices bacon
1 cup fatty coffee.

Pre- workout I had a cup of bone broth. It was my long day, ended up being about 6 hours including the bike ride to practice.

Lunch
N/a- workout from 10am -4pm but did eat about 1/2cup of sauerkraut when I got home... and a lot of water...

Dinner
Very small pour of dry red wine, 3 oz grassfed tenderloin, green beans cooked in butter and herbs, topped with Parmesan, 1/2 avocado (salted) This dinner was AMAZING.

I also made some whipped cream stuff (heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, vanilla extract and a little stevia) and had a little of that. Maybe 1/4 cup if I am over estimating.
Calories: 1384 Carb: 26 Fat: 112 Protein: 48
Workout: 4 hours skating 2 hours biking to and from practice. (should burn about 3300 calories)
Sunday:
breakfast
2 slices bacon
1 cup fatty coffee.

Lunch
1/2 avocado and about 2-3 oz skin on chicken breast. 2 small slices of robusto cheese (less than one oz)
Snack- 1 Cup of bubbies pickle juice
Dinner
1 cup sauerkraut and 1/2 an elk brat.
Fatty Chai
Calories: 1304 Carb: 15 Fat: 105 Protein: 57
Workout: None, but it is an active day, we clean the house, play games with kids, etc.
Your meals look ok. I don't know how many vegetables that you eat. You could be eating too many of those or too much protein. It also could be due to exercise. If your clothes are getting looser, I wouldn't worry about what the scale is telling you. It lies all the time.
Carolyn
lovetoknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:55 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

You may actually be slightly dehydrated after all that. After I got dehydrated weekend before last, I thought I would see a loss. Nope. It took a good few days to rehydrate and then the loss happened.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:03 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthcrosser View Post
OMG that sounds awesome, fun and a little scary too!! Good for you. That is loads of hard work, on top of kids and a husband! I hope you don't exhaust yourself (mom talk )....Keep up the good work, you should be really proud of yourself for your commitment. You'll get there-you were there before...you can do it again.
Thanks!
Old 05-05-2014, 01:05 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You may actually be slightly dehydrated after all that. After I got dehydrated weekend before last, I thought I would see a loss. Nope. It took a good few days to rehydrate and then the loss happened.
Yes, it is certainly possible, I am going to see if I can try to track hydration a little better on my scale
Old 05-05-2014, 01:07 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grneyedldy
Quote:
Thank you for your opinion

No, I am not sure where the date 2/22 came from? Now I'm confused I have lost about 22 lbs since I started here. The last 3 weeks have been going up and down.

I do aim for more protein,( and actually more calories) I agree with that completely.
I was going by your start date. What I forgot to say was I think you're doing great and that a week or two of no loss is very common. I know you mentioned not usually being that low on protein, but your protein seems extremely low to me. I'm also 5'2, but much older than you (54) and I don't exercise (I'm just starting to get active) and my protein grams are 54 +/-. I would think your protein amt would be 60 - 100, depending on your ideal body weight.
grneyedldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:19 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoknit View Post
Your meals look ok. I don't know how many vegetables that you eat. You could be eating too many of those or too much protein. It also could be due to exercise. If your clothes are getting looser, I wouldn't worry about what the scale is telling you. It lies all the time.
Carolyn
Thank you!

I am getting such small servings of vegetables, it feels so wierd because before this I got like 10-12 servings a day and now I am getting 2-4 small servings. I am hesitant to reduce it, but I have heard of some people having problems with veggies and read about it. I have also read that with too few veggies our gut flora is unhappy.

le sigh.

I guess I need to experiment a little more.