Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2014, 01:23 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EricaHV
Stats: 240/205/120-145
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: 2/21/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyedldy View Post
I was going by your start date. What I forgot to say was I think you're doing great and that a week or two of no loss is very common. I know you mentioned not usually being that low on protein, but your protein seems extremely low to me. I'm also 5'2, but much older than you (54) and I don't exercise (I'm just starting to get active) and my protein grams are 54 +/-. I would think your protein amt would be 60 - 100, depending on your ideal body weight.

Ah, duh, me. That is the start date! lol

My goal protein is 80, so I am far from my goal. I started out around where I am and then started feeling like I was getting tired and thought it was the protein. I went up to 80 and that felt pretty good. I just did not track it well enough the past few weeks. I think I need to get back to entering my food in the calculator every day since I am having a hard time estimating protein. I think you are absolutely right, that area needs to be raised.
EricaHV is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2014, 04:31 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Stats: SW:310 CW:266 GW:130
WOE: LCHF/Keto
I'd say that if you're clothing is getting looser and your fat is jiggly as previously mentioned then you probably don't need to worry.

Given that you're exercising, I wouldn't be surprised that you're not losing according to the scale. You're building muscle and your body is probably retaining water to deal with the micro muscle tears.

In my experience, I have months where I lose weight and months where I lose inches. If I increase or otherwise change my exercise habits it can apparently stall me but then my body reaches a comfortable equilibrium and I suddenly drop weight.

The above has been true for me no mater what diet I'm on but I think I see more changes in water weight with low carb. The positive is that I lose faster and I know when I get a sudden increase in water weight then I'm about to drop a kilo or two in the next few days. Worth it!
backseatadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:56 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peace
Stats: 115
WOE: stillmans
I think you are doing great! Stay focused and I bet you will see a loss soon. I understand you have stress( kids!), that might be a factor. Just be patient.. I know easier to say.

Good luck.
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote