Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2014, 12:44 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sbarr
Stats: 220/178.2/135 (11-Sept)
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis (18 carb/70 protein/116 fat)
Start Date: Jan 2005/Jan 2011/Oct 2012/Jan 2014 - bah!!
A different plan, but interesting ideas for recipes

Always on the prowl for recipes and ideas, I ended up on the JUDDD forum yesterday (took me a day to read the whole thread) and they had some really good recipes for their down days, which is usually 500 calories.

Down Days recipes ONLY

You don't have to be counting calories to appreciate these recipes and if you're counting carbs and protein, you just factor it all in. What I liked is that many of the recipes are geared for single serving. I saved 25+ to my recipe word document.

Ex. There's a recipe for chocolate pudding that is 50 calories, almost zero carbs (depending on type of almond milk). No, it's not nutrient rich but provides a nice little treat (relies on gluc powder for thickening). I just made a double batch for me to eat half now and for my 6 yo to eat after dinner. I can see different variations of using gluc powder for little treats. I'm not very snack-oriented in ketosis, but a quick easy and safe little snack is a nice thing to have in the fridge, especially for my daughter as the weather gets warmer.

Also, shirataki noodles can be added to almost any dish to bulk it up - I tried that last night with my cauliflower and buffalo chicken casserole and it made my last, small serving HUGE.

There are so many wonderful sub-forums, that i thought I would share this thread which gave me so many ideas.

What we weigh is the result of a meal, a day, a week, a month, a year of choices...

Psssst...Nothing tastes as good as ketosis feels!
sbarr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2014, 02:42 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grneyedldy
Great idea, thanks.
grneyedldy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:46 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EricaHV
Stats: 240/205/120-145
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: 2/21/14
I love how many recipes overlap. Thank you for sharing this, I was starting to feel a little repetitive in my eating habits.
EricaHV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:44 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Same - I've been eating cauliflower casserole and sautéed asparagus with meat and/or cheese in so many variations (pretty much one or the other every day, sometimes both) - and these lighter recipes were appealing, especially with warmer weather. No to say that everything was "lighter" but this thread showed a LOT of creativity.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:12 AM   #5
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
I love gluc pudding and make it in a variety of flavours. You can also add sour cream and/or cream cheese to make it really special.

Shirataki noodles are also a staple for me and the 'applications' are vast.

Great thread!!
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:42 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Cathy - that's one thing I noticed about these recipes - where they are trying to keep the calories low with laughing cow cheese, I'll be able to add real dairy to make it richer.

I want to try the shirataki pumpkin hot cereal.