Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2014, 12:53 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jackie123
Stats: 242/182.5/135
WOE: NK Paleo
Start Date: September 2012
Ugh!!!

I was doing so well-then hormones struck (tom) and I can't stop eating. I've consumed a whey protein shake with raw eggs and hwc that was almost 900 cals, half of a Lilly's no sugar added dark chocolate w coconut bar, and nearly an entire bag of pork rinds. And I ate the pork ends w half a jar of frito lay spinnach dip, which ordinarily I will not touch. I've eaten all of his in one day.

I'm even planning romane lettuce tacos for supper. Seriously, it's gonna be over 3000 calories when I get done.
Jackie123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2014, 04:30 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jackie123
Stats: 242/182.5/135
WOE: NK Paleo
Start Date: September 2012
so I'm getting back on track: two days of a fat fast, 1200 cals. Im having bpc for breakfast.

Hopefully, it won't take me long to get back into ketosis: I didn't eat anything carby, but the sheer quantity of some foods (like dairy, cheese, and the godforsaken sugar free chocolate bars which I have since given to my roommate) put me at nearly sixty carbs yesterday. I can usually kiss ketosis goodbye at 40 total.

I won't have to adjust to ketosis again, will I? That sucked. It's only been the one day....

Last edited by Jackie123; 03-27-2014 at 04:31 AM..
Jackie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:22 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sbarr
Stats: 220/180/135 (19-Aug)
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis (18 carb/70 protein/116 fat)
Start Date: Jan 2005/Jan 2011/Oct 2012/Jan 2014 - bah!!
Jackie - I really don't know after one day if you have to go through the full immersion process back into ketosis with all of the pitfalls like hunger cravings, headaches, etc. which many people report.

I'll be optimistic - let's hope your 2 day fat fast will re-adapt you. I look forward to hearing what happens. In the past, I have pretty much skipped "getting back into ketosis" threads in the Main Lobby, but I'll be interested to see how this all works for you since I'm now eyeball deep into getting into and staying in ketosis.

It might be that a short fat fast is an effective way to get back on track into nutritional ketosis.

What we weigh is the result of a meal, a day, a week, a month, a year of choices...

Psssst...Nothing tastes as good as ketosis feels!
sbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:08 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sheened
Stats: Original SW:190 SW:162.8 CW:145 GW:119
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 10th Nov 2013
I wouldn't worry about it, I ate close to 3000 calories the other day and just went back to normal the next day, I'm on my period so...... I'll eat whatever I like as long as it doesn't take me over my carbs, I think I ate something like 150g of nuts, the best part of a block of cheese...well you get the picture. It all balances out in the long run, there will be days where you naturally under eat and days where you go over. Its no biggie, shouldn't worry about it too much!
sheened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:13 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EricaHV
Stats: 240/205/120-145
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: 2/21/14
When I first started keto I was so starved from... well... starving myself for a year, that I ate like 3500 calories for that whole first week (and lost 10 lbs, 5 of which was real)

I am glad you are feeling better. The low carb chocolate bars are tempting, the ones I saw here had sugar alcohol and I am afraid to try that stuff in keto.
EricaHV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:14 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MeanieGal
Stats: 200/190/170
WOE: Ketogenic/HFLC
Start Date: March 28, 2014
I'm due to start next Wednesday and now I'm wondering if THAT'S why I've been soooooooooooooo hungry today and yesterday!!! I'm glad you mentioned the sugar free dark chocolate. I'm a major chocolate craver during TOM. What is a good suggestion??
MeanieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:50 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MerryKate
Stats: 252/196.5/150
WOE: Nutritional ketosis
Start Date: April 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanieGal View Post
I'm glad you mentioned the sugar free dark chocolate. I'm a major chocolate craver during TOM. What is a good suggestion??
I like the Lily's Chocolate the original poster mentioned. They use stevia & erythritol for the sweetener, and while it's a bit on the sweet side for my taste, I appreciate being able to eat as much chocolate as I like without going off the deep end. Funny thing is, I usually only wind up having 3-4 pieces where sugared chocolate will leave me feeling hungry and can be a trigger food.

Another option is to buy sugar-free baking chocolate (ghirardelli has a good one) and add your own sweeteners. I usually make fat bombs or coconut oil bark with it, to stretch the flavor and limit the carb impact.

A third option is to buy dark cocoa powder. Aunt Patty makes one that is very high quality. It's only 0.5 g carb per tablespoon and a little goes a long way. You can use it to make chocolate OMMs, or add it to your coconut oil bark or fat bombs in place of bar chocolate.
MerryKate is offline   Reply With Quote