Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2014, 06:18 AM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/190.8/160
WOE: Keto
I didn't need to get them biopsied, they weren't malignant, just not pretty... I had a malignant spot on my nose removed about a month ago, they froze it off and now you can't even see where it was anymore.

I had the moles lasered, so no leftovers to be biopsied either, LOL! It did smell awful: burnt flesh, YUK!!!! It was done in 15 minutes!

My tattoo that I'm getting removed is on my right upper arm. Not a nice spot and ever since I started my working life I've regretted getting tattood there... I have another tattoo on my pelvis, but it's small and invisible to everyone apart from BF, so I don't care about that!

Did you have your moles cut out? My dr said it would take about 2 weeks to heal, and I shouldn't see any markings at all after that apparently... We'll see... I don't have to apply Aquafor either. I just got an antibiotic salve that I have to apply twice a day until it crusts over (niiiiiice!), after that, nothing! I can't get them wet for two or three days. That will be annoying, because I need to wash my hair! I can't believe I didn't think of that this morning before I had this done, LOL!
I guess I'll walk around a bit greasy for the next few days: ponytail and wetlook hair, that's me!

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

my blog:
http://crazybeautyhealth.blogspot.de/
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2014, 06:21 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Sbarr, I'm aiming for 160 by the end of the year! Hopefully I'll get there....

Your goals sound very achievable in any case! You can do this!

I'm with you on the clothes, this time round I only have to shop in my own closet!
Old 03-25-2014, 06:30 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimosa23 View Post
I didn't need to get them biopsied, they weren't malignant, just not pretty... I had a malignant spot on my nose removed about a month ago, they froze it off and now you can't even see where it was anymore.

I had the moles lasered, so no leftovers to be biopsied either, LOL! It did smell awful: burnt flesh, YUK!!!! It was done in 15 minutes!

My tattoo that I'm getting removed is on my right upper arm. Not a nice spot and ever since I started my working life I've regretted getting tattood there... I have another tattoo on my pelvis, but it's small and invisible to everyone apart from BF, so I don't care about that!

Did you have your moles cut out? My dr said it would take about 2 weeks to heal, and I shouldn't see any markings at all after that apparently... We'll see... I don't have to apply Aquafor either. I just got an antibiotic salve that I have to apply twice a day until it crusts over (niiiiiice!), after that, nothing! I can't get them wet for two or three days. That will be annoying, because I need to wash my hair! I can't believe I didn't think of that this morning before I had this done, LOL!
I guess I'll walk around a bit greasy for the next few days: ponytail and wetlook hair, that's me!
Oh! I misunderstood. Yes, mine were flat-cut off then lazered. Yes to that smell! Yuck!

It will be lovely when all is said and done.
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:47 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarr View Post
Great job on the gym - maybe I can drag my tush over there - I know I'll love it when I get there.

The scale was nice this morning - 209 and slightly higher hydration level, but you guys keep getting lower, so I'm going to shoot for 2# a week, which is fast for me, at least for the next couple of months to catch up.

I'm setting some short-term and mid-term goals:

2# per week until mid-May
April 19: 199 - (my daughter's birthday party and I'll be hosting a swim party at a local community center - I doubt I'll be swimming because of coordination but I know that century threshold is a big motivator and I will be seeing quite a few people and want to look my best). While it's a large swim party, I indicated NO gifts, so hope that people can just come and swim. There is no way I'd want to bring home a bunch of junk that we'd need to throw out.
December - by end of year, I'm shooting for 150. This assumes about 1.5# per week, which I hope is not too much because I know the rate of loss slows down.

After that, anything below 150# will be icing - I know in the 140's, I look very good and with my bone structure, I can easily carry up to 150#.

One thing that will be nice along the way - closet shopping. I have so many clothes that I bought along the way down (and back up), that I don't think I'll need to shop for the next couple of years, seriously!

Big realization just now - as i was thinking about the holidays. I think it will be easier this year. Other years, I'd anticipated that it would be difficult because of the usual holiday fare, but I can't think of any holiday food that would make me want to break this. By then, I should be fully keto-adapted, out of the closet (meaning everyone knows about the plan, if appropriate).

Now I'm off to throw out some clothes - I think I will try to get rid of one article of clothing for each pound lost. Fortunately, I don't have to buy anything this time around.
It's easier to eat like this than we think it is. No one really pays attention to what we are or not eating. Not really. Don't you think? Although I should admit to a huge fail last Thanksgiving. I made stuffing with low carb bread and the family was not happy. Ha! But my one daughter and I enjoyed the caulitaters I made. It's all such a PITA frankly. Why is this all so damn hard for the cryin' out loud?? Heh

. . . and . . . isn't closet shopping the BEST?? I haven't been able to do that yet, but I'm peeking in there and hoping.

rock it my stats-sister
Old 03-26-2014, 08:03 AM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sbarr
Stats: 220/180/135 (19-Aug)
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis (18 carb/70 protein/116 fat)
Start Date: Jan 2005/Jan 2011/Oct 2012/Jan 2014 - bah!!
Steady - still at 209. My current struggle right now is cooking. Ironically, I'm so enthusiastic right now and finding great recipes. A crockpot full of buffalo chicken is a lot for someone, especially while controlling protein and nobody to share but a 5 yo (so it's still on my list of future menu items).

I'm going to have to do some creative meal planning and freezing. Too bad there isn't a food club where people could bring single serve frozen dishes and swap them.

Sometimes, I just think WTH - I'll just eat an avocado and sautee some asparagus and mushrooms. At least there's a good fall back.

Enjoying the eating will be key to my success on this plan. I need to find that happy medium of good food and NK and portion control and enough variety to make this a sustainable way of LIVING, not just way of eating.

What we weigh is the result of a meal, a day, a week, a month, a year of choices...

Psssst...Nothing tastes as good as ketosis feels!
sbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:52 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
When I do a big crockpot of something, I'll save a couple of meal's worth but then dole out the remainder into single size servings and freeze. It's a huge time saver, and I always have something easy ready to eat -- thawing such small portions is easily done in the microwave or sauce pan.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:46 AM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

I'll have to start doing that - need to get some more pyrex containers for freezing food. That will also make it easier to track carbs, fat and protein. Nice thing here, after a few weeks of cooking, I won't have to cook more than a couple of dishes per week and then rotate from my inventory.

Now, the geeky part of me is trying to figure out how I can cook and portion it all out so that they're all somewhat comparable so that i can make a last minute decision from several choices without blowing my "budget"
Old 03-27-2014, 05:56 AM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Where is Allen Funt? Ok - now I'm dating myself. But, at least I'll date me.

OK, seriously - wow, scale showed 207.2, well wavering between 207.2 and 207.4 and finally stopping at 207.2. Now I'm getting ready to clip my toenails, pull a few eyebrows and see if that gets me below 207. I know - now I sound like a teenie bopper version of of LC, "really, really really - do you think Mr. Tanita (my scale) likes me?"

I'm really getting into the swing of things - staying under my limits and it is really paying off. I really hope this 2# per week rate continues. This is feeling like that honeymoon period, where is all slides away. That said, I won't whine when it stops. I'll just dust off, declare it a good campaign and keep going.

Intending to swim with a friend of mine after work today - and I know swimming is usually good for dropping a pound (of water weight), but it's still kinda nice although I won't want it back. Maybe I'll go sit in the sauna and cut an arm off - then I'll definitely catch up with Mimosa and Daisy!

Shall we create a chat for this forum? I checked and several other forums have a chat thread so it doesn't seem like it would be inappropriate. This is such an informative forum and it would be nice to have a chat thread of like-minded people. The threads on this forum are so information packed, maybe we can waste keystrokes and space and have a bit of fun.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:28 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EricaHV
Stats: 240/205/120-145
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: 2/21/14
Great goals! I don't have any short term goals, but you may have inspired me to set some, it really helps stay motivated!

I agree about the holidays, they do not seem too intimidating this year. Fortunately some family members are already eating this way, which does help. Plus, one treat, or day of treats is really not worth having to re-adapt.
EricaHV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:41 AM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

I wonder if red chile posole is a good food when in ketosis - sigh.....
Old 03-27-2014, 07:01 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Where is Allen Funt? Ok - now I'm dating myself. But, at least I'll date me.

OK, seriously - wow, scale showed 207.2, well wavering between 207.2 and 207.4 and finally stopping at 207.2. Now I'm getting ready to clip my toenails, pull a few eyebrows and see if that gets me below 207. I know - now I sound like a teenie bopper version of of LC, "really, really really - do you think Mr. Tanita (my scale) likes me?"

I'm really getting into the swing of things - staying under my limits and it is really paying off. I really hope this 2# per week rate continues. This is feeling like that honeymoon period, where is all slides away. That said, I won't whine when it stops. I'll just dust off, declare it a good campaign and keep going.

Intending to swim with a friend of mine after work today - and I know swimming is usually good for dropping a pound (of water weight), but it's still kinda nice although I won't want it back. Maybe I'll go sit in the sauna and cut an arm off - then I'll definitely catch up with Mimosa and Daisy!

Shall we create a chat for this forum? I checked and several other forums have a chat thread so it doesn't seem like it would be inappropriate. This is such an informative forum and it would be nice to have a chat thread of like-minded people. The threads on this forum are so information packed, maybe we can waste keystrokes and space and have a bit of fun.
I hear you about the weight not moving. I have been so good and nothing nothing nothing this week. Not up not down.

You are making me laugh!

How does the chat work? That sounds really interesting to me!
Old 03-27-2014, 07:08 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I wonder if red chile posole is a good food when in ketosis - sigh.....
I didn't know what that was, but pozole sounds perfect yes? It's a soup?

It is made from nixtamalized cacahuazintle maize, with meat, usually pork, chicken, turkey, pork rinds, chili peppers, and other seasonings and garnish.

Maybe just leave out the maize? It sounds delicious.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:32 AM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

Daisy - I'm lucky, down 2# from Sunday and I'm almost giddy with the progress and was wondering if Mr. Funt sabotaged my scale to see me dancing, standing on one foot to see if I'd drop below 207.

Re: chat - just a thread titled mundane chat or something like that. I dunno, it just seems so funny to see my thread popping up and people thinking - puleez, can't she just stop posting....LOL

re: Posole - Leaving out the maize defeats the purpose - it's one of those foods that the corn is the integral part. Basically it's huge hominy in a chile stew. I'll eat it when I have the opportunity when I visit family in New Mexico (ketosis or not).
Old 03-27-2014, 07:42 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

I had a feeling regarding the maize. Damn those carbs anyway. Why are they so damn delicious! grumble and growl

Regarding people and your thread - they can jump off! lol Teasin', but it's good yes?
Old 03-27-2014, 07:48 AM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

True, as usual, I'm overanalyzing - but what better eating plan for overanalyzers than NK?
Old 03-27-2014, 08:19 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

OMG yes - it totally appeals to the OCD in me. Ha!
Old 03-27-2014, 02:00 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 8/18/14
Pssst. I'm thinking about doing this and what better place to peek in and say hey than your thread. Oh and personally, I like your postings!

I was going to do this when I got back from vacation, but opted to try JUDDD once again. It's worked for me in the past but due to circumstances (first time vacation, second time a hysterectomy), the losing stopped. I love it, but it just ain't working. Been back on it a week and I'm gaining.

I have an iPhone carb tracker that gives me a pie chart and numeric totals, so I'm used to tracking (although I abhor it after 30 years!). I figured my macros on that calculator you recommended in another thread and they are:

Carbs: 20g
Protein: 65g
Fat: 131g
Calories: 1515

I'm so fed up with myself for not sticking with anything, but when I see either no progress (even a NSV) and the scale is going up, I'm ready to bale. Having been mainly low carb for awhile, my numbers fall within the NK eating range. I use stix and can tell when something kicks me out of ketosis. But for some reason, I am not losing weight.

So, I'm still lurking and going over old threads to get a feel for things. Just wanted to say hello and that I may be joining in.

Congrats on your weight loss!

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:11 AM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi all!

And hi Vanilla, welcome to our party!

I was MIA yesterday; had too much work to do at work (what do you know? I actually work at work!) and didn't have time to post really. Today looks the same but I wanted to check in and say hello.

I am not tracking at the moment, found what works and I'm sticking with it. I only track when I add something new to the mix, to see if it fits in with my numbers...

I try to keep my macros as close to the following as possible:

Carbs: 20g
Protein: 77g
Fat: 135g
Calories work out around 1600

I tend to stay around those numbers give or take a few grams and cals for the fat and protein. I NEVER go over my carb allowance, usually stay way under.

Won't be around for the weekend: have life to catch up on at home: washing, cleaning, gardening, etc!

Going out for dinner to one of my favourite restaurants with BF, it was our three year anniversary yesterday, so we're celebrating! Can't believe that we've been together for three years already, I still get butterflies when I think about him! We've been living together for 18 months now and it's been wonderful so far. I finally feel settled, secure, happy and in love, something I kind of gave up on 4 years ago. I am still so happy fate put us together; it is like we were made for eachother!

I never thought I'd believe all that, I'm decidedly unromantic, but it's nice to have been proven wrong this time!

Enough about that, I'm sure you're all sick of my lovey ramblings already, LOL!

I'm cheering everyone on for some more scale losses over the weekend, hope you will all do very well!!!

xxx Chloe.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:05 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Vanilla! and how exciting to have another competitor!

Sandra - You're in the groove of it. You're riding on the highway. Kickin arse and takin names. Fantastic!

Chloe - I never ever get sick of lovely ramblings. That snippet of your story made me happy to read it. Have a wonderful weekend!

As for me, this week NADA! Nothing goes up; nothing goes down. I've heard about the lovely and aptly named PISS (Post Induction Stall Syndrome) where you body gets confused or something, and hangs onto water. I was hoping it was only Keto lore and not truth, but I may be in it? I don't know. This is what I get for weighing every day.

My plan is to hang in there.

Old 03-28-2014, 05:32 AM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

Caution - enthusiastic life is great soap box.

I am so totally in the groove. Scale had me at 206.0 (this is a bit of a stretch since it wasn't just the first bathroom trip in the morning before eating and drinking) - but, I am 4 down from my official weight last Saturday. Hydration a little bit down and I know much of this is water weight, but I mentally factor that in so as long as it's not a total deviation, I'll take the weight. This is so encouraging.

Ketone this morning was 0.6, although it was 1.6 yesterday afternoon, and I understand it's often higher later in the day. I'll take it - and looking forward to tomorrow and get into a rhythm where I can better understand the nuances.

The next week is going to be extremely clean eating and close tracking. 4# per week is impossible, but it has me ahead of schedule for the weeks that I don't lose as quickly.

I'm reading Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living right now - I'm reading it very slowly. The chapter that had me wow wow wow was the physiology, and the description of how the brain uses glucose and fat - and how you're better stabilizing your brain by having a readily available source of ketones with are not subject to the highs and lows of blood sugar.

Why wouldn't you want your car to get better mileage on high octane fuel? Why would you want to deliberately eat in a way that your brain and body feel deprived if they don't get cheap gas at regular intervals.

And wow, so much energy this morning....

Meeting a friend to go swimming today and this should help lock in the 206. Hope to start exercising with weights tomorrow - which of course may up the weight, but that's not a problem, the clothes are looser, the clothes are looser....
Old 03-28-2014, 05:36 AM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

sbarr: WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!! Wow, you're on a roll, this is fantastic!!!! Keep it up!!! Have fun swimming and cheering you on for the weight training!

xxx
Old 03-28-2014, 07:15 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

I just finished that book sbarr, great information, but it was a slow read... mostly because there was a lot of info packed in there

I have "Good Calories Bad Calories" but since I already read "Why We Get Fat" I think I may read something else first because I am tired of hearing about Banting and Ancel Keys. . . I am sort of intrigued by Liarre Kieths "Vegetarian Myth" and I have enjoyed some talks by Denise Minger lately, so I may look for her books.

I find myself wanting to preach the glory of this lifestyle and having a hard time holding back. I know that it is not usually productive to be preachy though, So I answer questions when asked and try to otherwise keep my mouth shut.

My husband looks amazing. I swear he looks 10 years younger, so he looks my age, lol. The last 5 -6 years has been quite a journey in my attempt to find optimal health and lose all this weight I gained during pregnancy. Not long ago I wished I just had never had to go through this ordeal, but when I think about what I was eating before I had kids, when I was thin, most of it was garbage (except all the bacon). I definitely feel healthier than I have ever been, even if I am still overweight, and that is worth the last several years. My fascination with fitness and nutrition has made me consider changing my career path when I find an answer -And I think this is the answer.

Now I just need to figure out what to do with that juicer... Adam said it has meat grinding attachment.

Lol, looks like I had a lot to ramble about this morning. This seems like the chatty thread, so I hope it is ok.

Last edited by EricaHV; 03-28-2014 at 07:18 AM..
Old 03-28-2014, 08:12 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

You are on a roll! That is fantastic! 4 pounds since Saturday is something I'd be crowing about loud and proud. I envious!
Old 03-28-2014, 08:14 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaHV View Post
I just finished that book sbarr, great information, but it was a slow read... mostly because there was a lot of info packed in there

I have "Good Calories Bad Calories" but since I already read "Why We Get Fat" I think I may read something else first because I am tired of hearing about Banting and Ancel Keys. . . I am sort of intrigued by Liarre Kieths "Vegetarian Myth" and I have enjoyed some talks by Denise Minger lately, so I may look for her books.

I find myself wanting to preach the glory of this lifestyle and having a hard time holding back. I know that it is not usually productive to be preachy though, So I answer questions when asked and try to otherwise keep my mouth shut.

My husband looks amazing. I swear he looks 10 years younger, so he looks my age, lol. The last 5 -6 years has been quite a journey in my attempt to find optimal health and lose all this weight I gained during pregnancy. Not long ago I wished I just had never had to go through this ordeal, but when I think about what I was eating before I had kids, when I was thin, most of it was garbage (except all the bacon). I definitely feel healthier than I have ever been, even if I am still overweight, and that is worth the last several years. My fascination with fitness and nutrition has made me consider changing my career path when I find an answer -And I think this is the answer.

Now I just need to figure out what to do with that juicer... Adam said it has meat grinding attachment.

Lol, looks like I had a lot to ramble about this morning. This seems like the chatty thread, so I hope it is ok.
Your husband is doing keto as well? Is there somewhere for us to read about his journey? Or share! Post in my journal if you want. I'd love to read about it.

It's true what you are saying about the way things work. I don't always like how it's working, then I see that it was the only way it could have been.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:19 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
Your husband is doing keto as well? Is there somewhere for us to read about his journey? Or share! Post in my journal if you want. I'd love to read about it.

It's true what you are saying about the way things work. I don't always like how it's working, then I see that it was the only way it could have been.

My husband started after he read "Why We Get Fat" , which I asked him to read after I did, He has been doing it for the past month like me. It is just amazing how much younger and healthier he already looks. My older brother had huge success with keto also, but he has been doing this for about 2 years.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:20 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 8/18/14
Hey all, thanks for the warm welcome. I am still trying to figure out what to do - try this or stick with JUDDD. Just not sure yet.

sbarr, I'd be changing those stats - 4 lbs. less than what it shows! Good job.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:31 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bridgee'sMom
Stats: 194/174/150ish
WOE: Nutritional ketosis
Start Date: January 2014
You all are SO FUNNY, I could read your posts all day! I'm not nearly as entertaining but would love to join in.

Sbarr, congratulations on your break through! I just had my own...after two weeks of absolutely no losses, I am down two pounds. After a party dance in the bathroom (I even took a picture of the number on the scale as I broke through a "decade") I made a decadent breakfast.

Eggs Benedict (no English muffin of course) with Julia Child's hollandaise sauce. Waxing poetic here, no other recipe comes close to the velvety, lemony, buttery (wiping up drool) goodness that is her sauce. Simply perfection!
Bridgee'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:36 AM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

vanilla - yes, I change them on Saturdays on my profile. i hope I locked it in with about 30 minutes of light swimming and an hour in the sauna at the community center. One thing that was nice, the scale there showed a bit less than my old Tanita. As I'm reflecting, I think my Tanita is almost 10 years old and still consistent. Last physical (over a year ago), my Tanita matched my doctor.

I don't know a lot about JUDD other than in some ways it sounds fun (and dangerous) to have an up day, but if I recall, the up days aren't that different than the macros on NK, right?

I hate the concept of cheating, but am curious about NK and off-plan decisions. At some point, I suspect there will be a celebration dinner or something where even eating clean could shoot past the limit. Not intending short of something truly amazing and nothing tastes as good as ketosis feels....ohhhhhh, another one for my signature.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:55 AM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Bridgee'sMom - welcome aboard - we're all a bit silly and you get the prize for the day for the best breakfast!!!! That just sounds yummy and would be great to serve as a breakfast to keto civilians. Now if only I had a civilian to share breakfast with who was not 5 years old. But, that's another story, or rather, no story.

Congrats on the scale - I hope you painted your toenails for the picture!!!

You're going to give us a run for our money - you're the skinny minnie in the group and of course I'm the short dumpy one in the back of the pack.

Now that we're having fun, whatever people have in their profiles by Monday morning will be posted with start, goal and % goal. This could be interesting. I do think this is probably the geekiest plan. I'm sure a greater percentage of NK people have spreadsheets than other plans.

That said, I do think I could go toe to toe with a friend of mine who's low fat, moderate carb but has a scientific mind (I'd have to resort to quoting from "Art and Science" in front of me). No, definitely not promoting this plan, but, like Daisy, I do get typecast as the "quack" with my new ideas.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:17 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bridgee'sMom
Stats: 194/174/150ish
WOE: Nutritional ketosis
Start Date: January 2014
Quote:
Hi Bridgee'sMom - welcome aboard - we're all a bit silly and you get the prize for the day for the best breakfast!!!! That just sounds yummy and would be great to serve as a breakfast to keto civilians. Now if only I had a civilian to share breakfast with who was not 5 years old. But, that's another story, or rather, no story.

Congrats on the scale - I hope you painted your toenails for the picture!!!

You're going to give us a run for our money - you're the skinny minnie in the group and of course I'm the short dumpy one in the back of the pack.

Now that we're having fun, whatever people have in their profiles by Monday morning will be posted with start, goal and % goal. This could be interesting. I do think this is probably the geekiest plan. I'm sure a greater percentage of NK people have spreadsheets than other plans.

That said, I do think I could go toe to toe with a friend of mine who's low fat, moderate carb but has a scientific mind (I'd have to resort to quoting from "Art and Science" in front of me). No, definitely not promoting this plan, but, like Daisy, I do get typecast as the "quack" with my new ideas.
You bet my toes were painted...a nice French manicure which is kinda like this woe....exacting and precise.

Believe me.. I'm just as short - maybe even shorter (5'2" yikes)! The last number in my stats line is just my first goal. My niece's wedding is in September so I worked backwards and figured (begged is more like it) to lose 1 pound per week on average. By those calculations, I hope to be 152/153 by then. Certainly not the end result but at least feasible - or so I thought. Now I see that my body is in control and it will do as it darn well pleases. There goes the carefully planned goal!!

Having said that, I LOVE the geeky nature of this plan and love reading everything I can get my hands on. I've found that as I get thinner, people are actually starting to listen to what I tell them without too much eye rolling. My doctor has been doing this too for well over a year so I don't have to justify this woe to him either. If anything, we end up debating things like HDL/triglycerides ratios...!

We can all just quack together...
Bridgee'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote