Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2014, 07:09 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sbarr
Stats: 220/178.2/135 (11-Sept)
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis (18 carb/70 protein/116 fat)
Start Date: Jan 2005/Jan 2011/Oct 2012/Jan 2014 - bah!!
Great forum

After over 8 years on LCF, I landed here as a result of a search on fat fast. So many intelligent, informative and meaty posts. I actually had to think while reading this forum and will go back to some posts to re-read them.

I spent several hours yesterday, reading posts, book reviews, creating a baseline macro to start moving forward.

I look forward to learning more from everyone on this forum. Despite the seemingly complicated macro calculations, it really made a lot of sense. Figure out the right protein, cut the carbs and add the fat. If needing to tweak again, go back and do it. It's like a triumvirate - protein/fat/carbs they need to be looked at all together.

I'm starting with 70%/108 g fat, 25%/87 g protein and 5%/18 g carbs

I'm sure this will change over the upcoming weeks as I get a better understanding. I have ordered The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living but wanted to get started thinking in terms of these numbers right away.

What we weigh is the result of a meal, a day, a week, a month, a year of choices...

Psssst...Nothing tastes as good as ketosis feels!
sbarr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2014, 08:17 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
I really like this board because of the information and the helpful, interesting and intelligent discussions that happen here. Welcome and may NK help you and your journey!
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:22 PM   #3
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
I love this forum too. Glad you found your way here and look forward to hearing how you are doing!
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote