Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2014, 12:32 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wish
Stats: 215/188/145
WOE: Atkins/ketogenic
Start Date: January 18 2014
what do your macro's look like?

I am just starting with counting my macro's. As the macro's vary so much, would you mind sharing what your macro's are in grams? Can you also state your weight, height, age? Also, how successful are you with your ratio? thx
wish is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2014, 05:33 AM   #2
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Mine are generally in the same range of about 14g or less carbs, 90g of fat and around 55g protein but often, it is less protein and more fat or visa versa. I am post meno and my stats are in my signature.

While it might be a little interesting to see what others' macros are, it really doesn't tell you what will work for you. It is entirely individual and anyone who has been doing n.k. for a while will have experimented and learned what they need to do. You would find vastly different #s between people and it doesn't mean one person is doing it 'better' or more correctly - it means that they have done the work to figure out what is appropriate for them.

The other thing to keep in mind is that it is not static. Things change and evolve and my macros will have to be adjusted accordingly.

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia

"dumping carbohydrates on your broken metabolism is tantamount to doing jumping jacks on two broken legs" -The Spark of Reason

“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:28 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
Yes, it's VERY individual.

I'm 5'6", 40 years old (with some serious health issues) and have 150 lbs of lean body mass. I get a hydrostatic body analysis done thrice a year, to make sure I am on track with losing fat and minimizing loss of LBM as much as possible. It also helps me keep an eye on the viability of my ultimate goal.

My daily goals are to eat fewer than 20g total of carbohydrates, and around 120g of protein. I don't count fat or calories, and both vary by quite a lot.

I've eaten this way since January 3, 2013, and I've lost about 65 pounds of fat and just about 4.5 lbs of LBM.
bought scale 9-7-02: 318/259.6/180?

Diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (and other conditions) Summer 2005 after years of misdiagnoses--> food plan went out the window!
Restarted--again--January 3, 2013.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:45 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wish
Stats: 215/188/145
WOE: Atkins/ketogenic
Start Date: January 18 2014
thanks! I agree, it is highly individual, I was curious!
wish is online now   Reply With Quote