Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/nutritional-ketosis-high-fat-low-carb/)
-   -   Numbers (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/nutritional-ketosis-high-fat-low-carb/824270-numbers.html)

Peace 02-22-2014 05:49 PM

Numbers

Hi

I am trying to figure out how to track everything. Should I stick to under 20 grams of carbs? Also, does anyone struggle with fat? Meaning, how many grams should I strive for to lose about 10 lbs?

I am 5'4 and would like to get to 107. I just dont know what to eat anymore. I have tried everything but I think mod fat and some carbs is just not cutting it??

clackley 02-22-2014 08:22 PM

Do you feel you are in ketosis?

lovetoknit 02-22-2014 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peace (Post 16811451)
Hi

I am trying to figure out how to track everything. Should I stick to under 20 grams of carbs? Also, does anyone struggle with fat? Meaning, how many grams should I strive for to lose about 10 lbs?

I am 5'4 and would like to get to 107. I just dont know what to eat anymore. I have tried everything but I think mod fat and some carbs is just not cutting it??

I would say that your weight goal is too low. Think maybe 125 pounds if you are young. You may be the right weight now. You may just need to lift light weights to firm things up. If you are older like me, shoot for 140. Eat more fat, medium amounts of protein and under 20 grams of carb.
Carolyn

Peace 02-22-2014 08:48 PM

Thanks. I am 117 right now. 39 age. I lift alot... Still not losing though. If you get a chance look at recovery. I still get sick if I eat alot of calories. I am hoping that if I can make more of am effort to focus on fat I will be better. Naturally I do best with intermittent fasting. I guess I just need to listen to my body.

I think I am out of ketosis because of my binge today which is the first in one year! I got so stressed about school/ errands to do and what to eat that I overAte and then threw up. It's ok. Tomorrow is a new day!! I have decided to just listen and don't eat if I am not hungry. I don't care what anyone says about being picky. I would much rather be happy and not sick after I eat then force it.

Ntombi 02-22-2014 09:15 PM

I don't count fat grams, just carbs and protein. Some days I may have twice as many fat grams as another.

I wonder if you are tracking your body fat at all? Are you sure that 107 is an appropriate goal weight? It may be that your ffm is higher than you think, so your weight is good as is. If 107 is better for you, you may need to watch total calories to reach it.

I would keep carbs low enough to stay in ketosis, get enough protein to feed your lean body mass, and get the rest of your calories from fat.

Peace 02-22-2014 09:28 PM

Ok. I think I am on track...what you explained is pretty much life except today. So I could increase fat but not going to stress about it. I always stay under 30 g of carbs even with working out 6 days a week. Maybe 112 is more realistic. That only 5 lbs. I can do that!

Ntombi 02-22-2014 10:08 PM

:up: