Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2014, 04:11 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peace
Stats: 115
WOE: stillmans
Recovery

Wow.. today was the first day I had a bad experience with this eating. I think it is more stress related.

I had a 2 hrour workout, then a salad at 3, then I had 2 large gluten free, casiein free cookies, and then frozen yogurt.

Well, I am dairy free ( lactose intolerant)... threw up like 7 times and it appears the only thing that truly works for me is low carb, meat, and fat. I need to disclose that I was anorexic for years, and now still in therapy but at 39... I have come along way. ( life long process).

I think there is something to say about this diet. I feel like as soon as I start to go low fat or even attempt any foods with dairy, sugarfree ANYTHING or even diet soda, my body reacts horrible. Bloated and want to throw up.

I havent had cookies in about 1 year, so I guess I needed to get that out of my system which I did. Literally.

Moving on and tomorrow is a new day. I think one of the toughest things about me right now is I need to get a plan and stick to it. Then, I can buy the foods to make up that plan.

Does this make sense?

Also, need to let go of the scale issue. I weighed in at 116 today, but felt like I still looked chubby at the gym
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2014, 04:13 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

I also am going to let it go about the cookies/yogurt. It is ok... cant beat myself up anymore, plus, I probably threw up most of it anyway. I am more upset with myself for even thinking that carbs would make me feel better and binging is not the answer.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:42 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovetoknit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Wow.. today was the first day I had a bad experience with this eating. I think it is more stress related.

I had a 2 hrour workout, then a salad at 3, then I had 2 large gluten free, casiein free cookies, and then frozen yogurt.

Well, I am dairy free ( lactose intolerant)... threw up like 7 times and it appears the only thing that truly works for me is low carb, meat, and fat. I need to disclose that I was anorexic for years, and now still in therapy but at 39... I have come along way. ( life long process).

I think there is something to say about this diet. I feel like as soon as I start to go low fat or even attempt any foods with dairy, sugarfree ANYTHING or even diet soda, my body reacts horrible. Bloated and want to throw up.

I havent had cookies in about 1 year, so I guess I needed to get that out of my system which I did. Literally.

Moving on and tomorrow is a new day. I think one of the toughest things about me right now is I need to get a plan and stick to it. Then, I can buy the foods to make up that plan.

Does this make sense?

Also, need to let go of the scale issue. I weighed in at 116 today, but felt like I still looked chubby at the gym
I think that you ate too many carbs. You should have had some protein. Also if you exercised that much, you needed more salt. I would stay away from frozen yogurt and cookies. You are not fat. I think that you still may have some issues. Eat more protein and more fat. Eating fat does not make me gain weight. Try it and you will like it. Try getting your fat in foods like hamburger or dark meat chicken. Also salmon is a high fat fish. Also high fat low carb dressing is good on your salad. Try olive oil and vinegar. Eat olives and maybe some avocado. Have bacon.
Carolyn
lovetoknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:01 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Thanks. I am working on my issues... I never eat cookies or yogurt. I don't know what came over me but it was a lesson learned.

Thanks again for replying.,
Old 02-22-2014, 10:36 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: luckymuma
Stats: 96kg ( 211) start weight GOAL weight 74kg(163)
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 01 Aug 2013
I'm finding that for those of us with eating disorders in our past, low carb ( NK) is the perfect way to physically eat, but does not fix the emotional issues...I wonder if it is even possible to be a fully recovered person from eating disordered past, because unlike alcoholism or drug abuse...you can completely avoid the substances and live your life reformed...but with eating disorders...you can't avoid food, or the restrictions of food, or the emotions that caused you to over eat. I understand you completely, and where you went to with your binge and why. I have no answers, but I do hear you xxx
Old 02-22-2014, 11:46 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MerryKate
Stats: 252/196.5/150
WOE: Nutritional ketosis
Start Date: April 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Thanks. I am working on my issues... I never eat cookies or yogurt. I don't know what came over me but it was a lesson learned.
I've done similar things and it never ends well, but there's nothing like pain to drive a lesson home. Chalk it up to experience and move forward.

I know as a recovering anorexic you want to avoid obsessing about food, but you might benefit from a food plan, especially on workout days. Take along some jerky or beef sticks, nuts, etc. You'll find you need more carbs on days when you work out, but make them healthy carbs. The idea is to have NK-friendly food with you, in case you find yourself in need of a meal quickly - it helps in resisting temptation.

If you want a treat, you can make dairy-free, low-carb cookies. My favorite are pecan shortbreads, which are only 2 carbs/cookie. Take a look at the recipes section of this BBS - there are tons of recipes to choose from. I find I can resist store-bought junk if I have my low-carb goodies with me.
MerryKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:58 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Thanks so much.. I am going to look into the cookies as a treat. Also I agree that NK is perfect for recovery from anorexia however it will always be a small part of me. Very try, just like all addictions. Here is the wonderful thing: just by recognising this we are able to move forward.

I do like the idea if structure because I think one reason why the ed has taking over is that I am not preparing enough. Smaller portions of good quality meat and fat seem to be the only foods my body says" hey thanks for being good to me" .

Thanks for disclosing your issues as well but it felt nice to hear that NK is a nice tool during this woe.