Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2014, 11:28 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 146/126/120
WOE: JUDDD
Just venting, sorry.

I had been doing really well.
This past week, my TOM was 3 days late, during which my weight has steadily crept up - and I can't stop eating.

Granted, I've kept it to low-carb things.
I try to keep cals/ carb grams/ protein to 1400/ 20/ 65, and today I went to 2100/ 25 g (12 net)/ 123.

AND....I've been over my protein by 20g every day for the last several days. Calories have been averaging 1500. *sigh* Looks like the weight is creeping back on.

I'm so scared that this will be the slippery slope, and why I can never shake the 18 lbs that have plagued me for the last two years.

Last edited by kwerp; 02-14-2014 at 11:31 AM..
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2014, 11:47 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/127.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Kwerp, sometimes hormones just get the best of us. You've realized what was happening, and you WON'T let it be the slippery slope. Just get right back to your plan and keep your numbers back where you want them to be. The fact that you realized what was happening, and you don't like it, means that you can stop it. You've got this!
MtherGoos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:29 PM   #3

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Unfortunately, I'm with you, Kwerp

We can do this! Hang in there.
Maryposa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:18 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovetoknit
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerp View Post
I had been doing really well.
This past week, my TOM was 3 days late, during which my weight has steadily crept up - and I can't stop eating.

Granted, I've kept it to low-carb things.
I try to keep cals/ carb grams/ protein to 1400/ 20/ 65, and today I went to 2100/ 25 g (12 net)/ 123.

AND....I've been over my protein by 20g every day for the last several days. Calories have been averaging 1500. *sigh* Looks like the weight is creeping back on.

I'm so scared that this will be the slippery slope, and why I can never shake the 18 lbs that have plagued me for the last two years.
I am sure that it is just water weight. Don't weigh yourself until the day after your period and you will see that. It helps to keep a diary the week before and during that time every month. That way you will see a pattern and it won't freak you out so much.
Carolyn
lovetoknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:25 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Well, I completely fell off the wagon.
I snapped and wanted to eat apples. So I had apples. Then it went downhill and I had crisps, jelly sweets, and a cadbury's creme egg.
I had been doing so well, but the prospect of spending 2-3 days to get back into NK is daunting. I'm wondering if this is working for me. I'm looking into JUDDD at the moment and using that with LC. I feel like I'm walking a tightrope with the carb/ protein gram balance. And I miss apples. We'll see.
My weight balanced out to a small net increase, but only by a 1lb.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:24 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Larissima
Stats: Waist: 110/100/75cm, 5'10"
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 21 Jan 2014
I was just going to suggest something similar, maybe not as strict as JUDDD, but to eat less on certain days, and more on days when you feel really hungry. More in quantity, but still LC.

About your blip - it happens. You're human, like the rest of us. Just dust yourself off and don't look back. Today is another day. You can be present, eat what you know is good for you, relax and enjoy it, and especially do not punish yourself.

After all, are you sure you even got out of ketosis? If you've been in deep keto, what you've listed there may not have even knocked you out. And even if it did, a day or two of just meat/fish/egg and fat will have you back in no time at all.

Once you're back on plan, you can look at it more objectively and decide whether it is working for you longer-term. Good luck!
Larissima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:35 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Oh I was definitely out of ketosis. Seriously, I housed down half a bag of Tangfastics!

I tried getting back in the swing of things Saturday, but I was just so frustrated and wanted a darn piece of fruit. It spiraled, and I had even more junk food.

Right now I'm giving JUDDD a try. I did well on my first DD. I'm eating quite similar to LCHF as I was before, but I'm not stressing over "eating too much protein." We'll see how it goes.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:34 AM   #8
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Being super carb sensitive (or insulin resistant) is very difficult in the initial stages. I think we can all tell horror stories of how we caved and how hard it is. You will get plenty of sympathy. I think it is even worse with fluctuating hormones. Sorry you are struggling.
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:18 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovetoknit
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerp View Post
Well, I completely fell off the wagon.
I snapped and wanted to eat apples. So I had apples. Then it went downhill and I had crisps, jelly sweets, and a cadbury's creme egg.
I had been doing so well, but the prospect of spending 2-3 days to get back into NK is daunting. I'm wondering if this is working for me. I'm looking into JUDDD at the moment and using that with LC. I feel like I'm walking a tightrope with the carb/ protein gram balance. And I miss apples. We'll see.
My weight balanced out to a small net increase, but only by a 1lb.
I think that the best way to handle that time of the month is to eat more fat maybe in the form of fat bombs. Fruit always makes me hungry so I do not eat it.
Carolyn
lovetoknit is offline   Reply With Quote