Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2014, 07:51 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovetoknit
Quote:
Originally Posted by sistersputnik View Post
Hi Terilynn,

I'm new on this board, but have been doing lchf for a little over a month now, and have the same protein frustrations you do. It's crazy, because I switched over from a high protein/low fat diet (my trainer put me on it, and it was disgusting -- I'm not a big meat person at all). What a relief to start keto. I love eating this way, but the protein is my biggest challenge.

The other day, I made roasted eggplant, rolled around a mixture of whole milk ricotta, egg yolk, parmesan, with mozz on top... I blew through my protein on that because I neglected to notice that ricotta and mozzarella are higher in protein than they are in fat. So frustrating!!

Plugging everything into a tracker is like a full time job -- but if I'm not tracking, the scale is not moving.

I keep track of my protein first, then my carbs, and fill it in with fat. I eat less than 40 grams of protein a day and usually at 30 grams a day. I feel best when I keep it at that level. I eat less than 15 grams of carb a day. I fill in the rest with fat. Usually with cream in my coffee, a little cream cheese, a little butter, high fat meats and fish, and occasionally fat bombs.
Carolyn
lovetoknit is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2014, 07:57 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margee View Post
I am just wondering how many eggs would be too many? For 20 years now, I have eaten 21 eggs a week. 3 every breakfast. I never miss a morning. I could eat eggs all day long. I do not like meat. I am not a vegetarian - I just don't like meat. If I thought I would be safe eating 6 eggs a day, I would. That would almost give me my protein needs except I would add a nice avocado once a day to the menu. I have never gotten bored eating the same thing foods over and over again. What do you think?

Thanks!
As long as the protein is not too high for you, I don't see anything wrong with eating 6 eggs a day. I read somewhere how a man lost weight eating a dozen eggs a day only. His doctor did not like that and took tests to see how he was. It turns out he was healthier than he had ever been and his blood work was great.
Carolyn
Old 02-22-2014, 07:59 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demy View Post
I am doing keto for a couple of months and I suddenly reached the plateau this week.The thing is that I started daily exercise (1-2 hours) weightlifting and some cardio at my local gym.I read that it is the muscle that causes weight gain/no weight loss but I am only doing this for week so I dont think this is possible..Do I have to limit the calories? (I thought I had to eat more now that I am exercising, I added about 200 calories a day) What am I doing wrong??
Exercise will make your muscles retain water. Stay off the scale for a while until your body gets used to it. That way you will not get discouraged.
Carolyn
Old 02-26-2014, 03:01 AM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
Just popping in before the month is over! I spent the last couple of weeks ill in bed with gastritis, so my macros were a little off kilter, even though I stuck with LC, I ate what I felt like eating.. Back on track now, and my stomach seems to have healed.
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote