Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2014, 07:17 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: labmini
Stats: Pregnant!
WOE: Keeping it real, clean and low carb
Start Date: 7/1/12
3 meals per day?

So I have been trying NK for a week and am pretty happy with my 6.5lb loss. I am at a weight where I typically stall and I have seen the same number for 2 days so I think I might be there.

I have been trying BPT (tea for me, just not a coffee drinker) for breakfast, a small lunch and "normal" looking dinner. Here's the thing, I think I need to eat 3 meals a day. Today I came home starving and fell into a snacking trap while making dinner then ate dinner. Not good for the macro ratios

I am wondering if 3 meals, at least for now, would help keep me satiated a bit better? Or try and stay with the BPT and just have a bigger lunch? I am just not sure how to accomplish this without blowing through my 53 grams of protein. I know I am eating/drinking too many AS but that's a different issue I need to tackle.

Looking for any advice, and thanks in advance!

KISS and swoosh!
labmini is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2014, 03:59 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
You should eat until you are not hungry anymore, no more, no less. I would suggest maybe eating something more substantial and satisfying to you for breakfast, then eat again when you are hungry. Then, if you are hungry again, eat again.

Calories should not matter. You need to pay attention to the actual grams of carbs, fat and protein that work for you. Can you give us some information on your macros?

How tall are you? 53 grams of protein is not much at all. How did you get to that number?
Also, how many carbs are you eating? This can greatly affect hunger as can AS...

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

my blog:
http://crazybeautyhealth.blogspot.de/
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:33 AM   #3
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
I agree with Mimosa. I think sometimes, we tend to allow our enthusiasm to cloud the basics. Nutritional ketosis is about formulating a diet that meets our needs and lowering carbs is good but going lower in protein and fat at this point in your evolution is not a good thing.

It is one thing to be a bit hungry but to be starving is an indication you need to continue to reformulate your plan. The notion of 3 meals is just fine for many people ... particularly starting out.

High fat liquid drinks would not have worked as a meal for me in the beginning at all. Primarily because it takes time to be fully keto adapted. Your body may not be able to fully utilize the macros for energy which is the whole idea behind bpc and tea.

This is why I think it is wise for many to start off on Atkins induction. The food list and advice to eat to your hunger without regard to anything but the carbs is designed to get a person into ketosis. I think a month of induction is probably wise. During that time, if you feel like ketosis is not constant and hunger and such is a problem, protein may need to be controlled (moderated).

BTW, not losing any scale weight over a few days or even weeks is not a stall. A true stall is 6 wks. with no lbs. or inches lost. A lot goes on inside in this time and it is better to stick to your plan and not tweaking as it tends to confuse and frustrate.

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia

"dumping carbohydrates on your broken metabolism is tantamount to doing jumping jacks on two broken legs" -The Spark of Reason

“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!

Last edited by clackley; 01-22-2014 at 07:37 AM..
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:10 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Thank you both so much, I really appreciate the feedback

I am 5'3" and currently 172lbs. I did some more reading and think I should be around 86 grams of protein (not the 53 I thought) and 124 grams of fat, keeping carbs under 20g?

And I like the idea of using induction as my template - makes sense and I am kind of missing veggies a bit.

Thanks so much again, I think I will have my eggs with BPT for breakfast, today is going to be a mayo based salad from the deli (likely tuna) and dinner either chicken or ground beef some how.

Thanks for calming my nerves, very very much appreciated
Old 01-22-2014, 08:18 AM   #5
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Hope you have a super n.k. day!!!
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:21 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Let us know how you go, Labmini!

xxx
Old 01-22-2014, 05:47 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: buttonwillow
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: RE-start date Feb. 2, 2008
From time to time I delay my first meal of the day, so that I end up eating only 2 of them, but usually I'm hungry in the morning. I don't think it's smart to delay a meal when you are hungry.

The fad of allowing bullet-proof coffe to be the first meal of the day is like all the other diet advice...do what works for you. If BPC doesn't stave of hunger (and it doesn't for me), give it up. Use your fat allowance on butter while frying your eggs, for example.

Started Atkins 2/4/03
Height 5' 6"
Start Weight-- 165
Re-induct 2/3/08
Reduce carbs & calories 6/28/09
Weight on 9/13/09 151.5 lbs
buttonwillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:25 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!

So things went well yesterday

I had
BPT on the train
2 soft-boiled eggs with butter for breakfast
Deli tuna with pickles for lunch
Dinner was - 1 chorizo sausage link, olives, 3 turkey, avocado and blue cheese roll ups

Need to work on water but it was pretty good

Today is:
BPT on train
3 soft-boiled eggs for breakfast
same tuna and pickles (need to find something to go with this though)
D- hamburgers prob with melted Blue cheese and salad or veg

so feeling good

thanks again!
Old 01-23-2014, 08:49 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the feedback, Labmini! Glad you are feeling good!
Old 01-24-2014, 07:02 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Thanks again-

Yesterday I swapped a chipotle bowl (no rice or beans!) for the tuna and had some sweet potato fries with my burger so trying to keep carbs really low today

BPT on the train
B- 2 Chorizo sausages
L- 2 chicken thighs maybe a leg as well, skraut
Olives on train home
D- we have grd beef out or chicken that needs to be cooked SO.MUCH.CHICKEN. this week

I am taking magnum to help with regularity because I am really struggling there, I was hoping the BPT would help but not yet