Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2014, 07:30 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
What's your favorite Fat Bomb?

I'm trying to find creative ways to increase my fat %'s. I tend to feel better, more satiated and lose faster when my fat % is up.....so PLEASE tell me.....what are some of your favorite fat bombs and how do you make them?

Thank you!!!
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2014, 07:38 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Green
Stats: no scale unless doing PHD
WOE: HDE, Potatoes as needed
Start Date: May 2014
Chocolate butter is amazing. I make mine a serving at a time (it's that good)
Maybe two tablespoons of butter (I use lightly salted), melted with a square of 90 or 99% Lindt chocolate, then add a half ounce of coarsely chopped macademia nuts and liquid stevia to taste. Stir and stick in freeZer for 15 min and eat with a spoon
Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:49 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Alyona
Green,
Thank you very much for Fat Bomb recipe in the other thread. BFC only does not work for me, as I prefer to eat my calories, not to drink them.

I am a bit frustrated as I followed fat fast for a week, but all this time I felt ravenous hunger. Was struggling immensely through each day. However 8 pounds lost.

Had a bit of rest on ADD, no gain. Ready now for 2nd round of Fat Fast - but I want to try and drink tea plus yr fat bombs instead of coffee.
Alyona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:50 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lowcarbella
Stats: 241(pregnancy highest)/185/150(or 20-25%BF)
WOE: LCHF/NK/MFF
Start Date: Feb 2012
If you go to Piniterest and search the term,you will get plenty of recipes for fat bombs.
lowcarbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:15 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
O.M.G. Lowcarbella that was an AWESOME idea.....I love Pinterest, can't believe I never thought of that!!!
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:55 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MerryKate
Stats: 252/196.5/150
WOE: Nutritional ketosis
Start Date: April 2011
I have about 10 variations on the original fat bomb programmed into my recipe index. My current favorites:

Coconut Fat Bomb (think mini-Mounds Bar)
Body:
4 TB coconut oil
4 TB coconut butter
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
1.5 TB amaretto SF Torani
1 TB SF praline DaVinci syrup

In a microwave-safe bowl, melt coconut butter and coconut oil, stirring often to avoid overheating. Add sweeteners and stir until well blended. Finally, add coconut shreds and mix well. Divide among 8 silicone cups. Place in freezer until set.

Topping:

2 TB coconut oil
30 g 70% dark c
6 drops liquid splenda
1 TB heavy whipping cream

Heat chocolate in microwave for 1 minute. Stir, if possible, and heat at 15 second intervals, stirring between, until fully melted. Melt coconut oil and combine with chocolate. Add 5 drops of splenda and stir until fully combined. Finally, add heavy cream and stir well. Mixture should thicken to syrup consistency.

Remove bombs from freezer, and divide chocolate mixture among them. Return to freezer. Bombs should be set and ready to eat in 10 minutes. Best stored in fridge or freezer, as they will tend to melt at room temperature.

Makes 8 cups, each 256 calories, 26 g fat, 7.0 g carb, 4.0 g fiber (3.0 net carbs), 1.7 g protein

Chocolate Peanutbutter Bombs

Body:
2 TB coconut oil
2 TB sugar-free peanut butter
2 TB butter
5 drops liquid splenda
1/8 cup pecans chopped

Melt butter and coconut oil in microwave. Add peanut butter and stir until well blended. Add sweeteners and flavorings and stir well.

Divide pecans among 12 silicone mini-muffin cups and pour liquid over nuts. Place in freezer until set.

Topping:
1 TB butter
10 drops liquid splenda
1 squirt monk fruit extract
3 blocks 90% dark chocolate
1 TB heavy whipping cream

Meanwhile, melt chocolate in a bowl - 1 minute at first, stir, then at 15 sec intervals until melted. Melt butter in a separate bowl, then combine. Add heavy whipping cream and stir until well blended - mixture will thicken considerably. Add sweeteners last, and do not heat again or it will go bitter.

Remove cups from freezer and divide chocolate topping among them. Return to freezer. Bombs will be ready in 10 minutes. Store in fridge.

Makes 7 mini-cup candies, each 148 cals, 15.6 g fat, 2.5 g carb, 1.2 g fiber (1.3 net carbs), 1.9 g protein
MerryKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:57 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

On the above recipes, you can sub out whatever sweeteners you may have. I tend to use liquid sweeteners because they're lower in carb, but whatever you use, don't heat splenda or stevia in the microwave - they will make your food terribly bitter.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:59 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
I make a chocolate peanut butter fat bomb very similar to the one posted above, but I mix everything together.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
sweetener equivalent to 2/3 cup sugar (I used liquid sucralose - EZ-Sweetz)
2 tablespoons cream
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter (or use creamy peanut butter and add some chopped nuts)

Melt butter, coconut oil and chocolate in microwave until melted, 1 - 2 minutes (do not boil). Stir in sweetener, cream and peanut butter until melted. Pour into molds or lined mini-muffin tin (I use a silicone mold made for mini brownies with 24 squares). Makes 22 fat bombs (recipe can be halved). Based on the ingredients I use, each contains 136 calories, 2 g total carbs, 1 g fiber, 14 g fat, 2 g protein, 93% of calories from fat.

Note that some people think sucarlose (Splenda, EZ-Sweetz) tastes bitter with chocolate alone, but I have found that if I don't "cook" the chocolate too much and just heat it until the ingredients melt it works fine. If I cook the chocolate too much then I do detect a slight bitter note, and I add some erythritol + stevia combo to compensate. If you use erythritol in this recipe I would recommend powdered, as granular won't melt into it very well.

Another fat bomb I have been making lately is from the Carb Wars blog by Judy Barnes Baker. I don't think I can link to it, but you can find the recipe by googling "Carb Wars Blog White Chocolate Pecan Bark". It doesn't taste like white chocolate to me, but it is good and a nice alternative to chocolate fat bombs sometimes. They are also more stable at room temp or the fridge because they contain cocoa butter.

Last edited by Mistizoom; 01-18-2014 at 07:04 AM..
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:12 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

I'm going to have to try this - thanks for the suggestion, Misti! I'm posting the recipe below:

WHITE CHOCOLATE PECAN BARK

1/3 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup coconut manna (may be called creamed coconut or coconut butter*)
1/3 cup finely chopped cocoa butter (about 1 and 1/2 ounces)
2 tablespoon powdered erythritol or other powdered sugar substitute, optional
Liquid sugar substitute to equal 1/4 cup sugar, more to taste
1 teaspoon sugar-free vanilla extract
A few grains of salt
1 cup lightly toasted pecan halves

Line a 8- x 12-inch shallow pan with parchment paper or foil and place in refrigerator to chill.

Melt the coconut oil, coconut manna, and cocoa butter together in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling water. Add sweeteners, vanilla, and salt and stir until smooth. Stir in pecans and pour onto chilled pan in an even layer. Place in refrigerator until hardened. Break into irregular pieces. Candy will soften if left at room temperature for too long.

*Coconut oil is liquid above 76 degrees and solid below. It is sometimes called coconut butter when it is in a solid state. Coconut manna or creamed coconut is to coconut what peanut butter is to peanuts. It is finely ground coconut flesh, not just the extracted fat. Instructions for making it yourself are easy to find online. I also found a YouTube video for making it in a high-speed blender, but haven't tried it; I bought mine and it was much dryer than the one shown in the video.

Makes about 12 ounces or 26 pieces, roughly 2- x 2-inches.

Calories: 92; Fat: 9.9g; Pro: 0.4g; Carbs: 1.2g; Fiber: 0.2g, Net Carbs: 1 g