Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 02:41 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hatemybmi
New to high fat/low carb

hello all ,

My goal is to lose at least 2 lbs/week. How many calories will I have to eat per day to lose weight? I exercise 1-3 times a week doing cycling for 45 minutes a day at around 92-101 rpm's. I really don't know how much fat/protein I should be consuming and how much carbs for my weight/height/goals. I have been eating a lot of dairy and protein, consisting of high fat greek yogurt, mozerella cheese, kroger low carb banana cream pie yogurt, and chicken breast, peanut butter, and I have cut out anything with flour, even wheat. I would like to be around 130 lbs. I feel like i'm in looneyville because I don't really know what I am doing in regards to how many calories I put in my mouth. Does anyone have any similar goals like me and actually know what they are doing, unlike me? I could really use any help.

I am 26 years old, 196-198 lbs. I have discovered this kind of diet and actually feel a lot better on it when I eat low carbs. However, I weigh myself everyday and I actually gained weight. I started at 196 lbs then went up to 201 lbs this morning. I weighed myself and it says I am 198.

When I did low carb, high protein, moderate fat I was losing weight, but I felt so tired and I had a fever with flushed face/horrific headache that painkillers wouldn't help for 4 days.

For breakfast today I ate 2 large scrambled eggs, 97% lean ground beef, 1/4 of orange pepper, 1/2 of a small tomato, greek yogurt 1/2 cup, mozerella cheese 2 ounces and 1 cup of kroger low carb banana cream pie yogurt. I tend to get discouraged when dieting, but I actually like when my carbs are lowered. I have my macros set to 10 % carbs/ 70 % fat/ 20 % protein.

I did try the tdee calculator and bmi calculator, but it just confuses me because people say we should eat closer to our bmi to avoid our body going into starvation mode. However when I ate 975ish calories because I wasn't hungry, I was losing weight, and when I increased it to 1500-1650ish I was gaining weight. I'm just really at a loss here (no pun intended)

Thanks for reading.
hatemybmi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2014, 09:08 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: finallylosing
Stats: 206/135/I think I've reached it!
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: May 2012

Can't really help you with the calories because I don't count them. I keep my carbs under 20gms and my protein around 60 - 70 gms and the rest is fat. I don't track every day, just once in a while to make sure I haven't slipped.
Good luck and visit the boards often. There is lots of inspiration on here!
finallylosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:17 AM   #3
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Welcome hatemybmi!

Nutritional ketosis is not really about counting calories. It is better to eat to satisfaction and pay attention to the # of grams in your macro nutrients. Exercise is not suggested for the first few weeks or so ... at least not strenuous exercise. Walking or something of that nature is okay.
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:13 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hatemybmi
Quote:
Originally Posted by finallylosing View Post

Can't really help you with the calories because I don't count them. I keep my carbs under 20gms and my protein around 60 - 70 gms and the rest is fat. I don't track every day, just once in a while to make sure I haven't slipped.
Good luck and visit the boards often. There is lots of inspiration on here!
I appreciate all of the helpful replies. I feel that this type of diet is right for me because I am so stuffed right now after eating like 3 avocados today.

May I ask how long it took you "finallylosing" to lose the weight on this plan and how many weeks it took? I am actually losing inches, but not seeing the numbers go down on the scale yet. My cup size went from 5 D's to 4 D's. I don't think i look like i weigh 200 though.

Another question please. I eat greek yogurt, but it says it has 5 carbs in 1 cup. If i am doing 20 grams of carbs, does that 5 carbs in fage greek yogurt count towards the limit or does it not count?

When I think of high fat/low carb I think of avocados, yogurt, cheese and some protein. So do carbs in dairy like yogurt and cheese count towards the 20 gram maximum? How about the rest of you ladies, how many lbs/dress sizes did you lose in what amount of time?

thanks
hatemybmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:42 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/203.2/160
WOE: NK/ IF
Start Date: 2 January 2014
Hi!

I would say every carb counts! So yes, you count the carbs in yoghurt... Avocados also contain quite a few carbs, so be careful! According to my food database, three avocados have a total of 45 carbs!

I eat one avocado maximum per day. The rest is butter, eggs, cheese, meat, fish, green leafy vegetables, some cream, some coconut oil. Dairy and eggs contain carbs, you need to count these too...

Have you read some books on Low Carb? If not, I can really recommend Dr.Atkins' New Diet Revolution, or Why We Get Fat by Gary Taubes, or The Art and Science of Low Carb Living, by Drs Phinney and Volek...

We also have a thread with our menus here, should you need a few ideas on what to eat.

This WOE is not one size fits all, so you will find that even when you do exactly the same as everyone else, your results may be different. For example, if I lose 1 lb per week, it is good. Other people would lose 2 lbs average per week, and others may lose 1 lb per month...

Hope this helps!

xxx Chloe.

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

UK/European LCF Hangout: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-1-2014-a.html
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote