Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2013, 07:05 AM   #1
dee
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dee
Stats: (HW196)188/181.4/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart Nov 26.13 (formerly HHCG 2 rounds)
Eat now pay 2 days later?

The title doesnt mean I've been cheating but over the years I have noticed that if I indulge, it takes 2 days to show up on the scale. I've also noticed it at times when I have missed supper...the 2nd day...I will notice a loss. And I'm a pretty regular gal if you know what I mean Lol. I asked a friend and she noticed it too
dee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2013, 08:22 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
for me it is 3-4 days--gain or lose
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Yup, it usually does seem to be a couple of days later, not the next day, that the indulgence may show.
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sharvo
Ditto ... but it's 4 days for weight and zits for me if it was more milk fat than I can tolerate.
Sharvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:43 AM   #5
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
I agree that the results of food choices can takes days to show. That is probably more the case than not. It is also a good point because it seems that we make decisions about food choices pretty much immediately.

Some can and do give immediate response but in terms of weight loss, I like to give it weeks in some cases. For instance I am trying a strategy that one day a week, I eat a certain way and then back to my regular way. Over a month or so, I should be able to see if it is having an effect but I can't say until then because sometimes it is a fluke or something else is going on.... It is always a moving target!

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia

"dumping carbohydrates on your broken metabolism is tantamount to doing jumping jacks on two broken legs" -The Spark of Reason

“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:54 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: unna
Stats: 230/155-160/tone
WOE: Primal LCHF
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by clackley View Post

Some can and do give immediate response but in terms of weight loss, I like to give it weeks in some cases. For instance I am trying a strategy that one day a week, I eat a certain way and then back to my regular way. Over a month or so, I should be able to see if it is having an effect but I can't say until then because sometimes it is a fluke or something else is going on.... It is always a moving target!
I completely agree.

In my opinion, the biggest mistake I read about on these forums are people who constantly change things without giving the old approach time to work.

This is my second time entering NK. I find that both times I've started, in the very beginning I gain a bit/ feel bloated. I assume that it has something to do with my microbiome. But after a few weeks, my stomach is flat and I feel super energetic and great. It could also be because I eat substantially more calories on a daily basis on NK (I never feel deprived or get super hungry).

If I would have kept changing things around, tweaking, then I don't think I would have ever found this out.

Also, in my long-term experience of trying IF (fasting from 6pm-10am), I found that I lost a small amount of weight in the beginning, but that in the long-term I gained it back and maintained the weight I always had.

So, I don't make myself fast anymore at all b/c in the long term it doesn't seem to improve anything, as I just waste willpower energy on trying not to eat. On NK, I sometimes skip meals just because I'm not hungry, but this fasting requires no mental effort because it is internally directed.

What I did learn from IF is that (1) I only need a small breakfast to feel optimal and (2) I love to do some light activity right before eating, such as a fast walk or a slow jog. This really helps the digestion process and I don't feel tired at all after eating.(3) I don't eat anything at all after dinner, which helps tremendously with sleep.

So, I don't think I wasted time on IF as I learned something, it is just not something I need to worry about.

Last edited by unna; 12-14-2013 at 12:55 AM..
unna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:39 PM   #7
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Unna, I agree with you on all points. One other thing that occurs to me when I read that some people have determined that one particular food or what ever it may be has caused some unfavourable change and therefore it is eliminated. They always say that they have changed absolutely nothing else.

For me, it is absolutely impossible to not change anything else. It is always a moving target. The only way to know these things is to do it over and over and get the same results. Then it might be true but without that 'prove it right and then prove it wrong' a number of times... it is just a guess.
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:37 PM   #8
Jez
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jez
WOE: Primal
Start Date: 12/12/13
Personally, I notice that on the second day I don't pee much. I think it's because when I splurge I go from low carb to high carb, so, I go from not retaining water, to all those carbs binding with everything I drink the following day or two.
Jez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 08:08 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Green
Stats: no scale unless doing PHD
WOE: HDE, Potatoes as needed
Start Date: May 2014
We'll see how the carb binge I just went on hits me.... It was really bad and carby.
I feel like I'll see a bounce up tomorrow.
Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:38 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: unna
Stats: 230/155-160/tone
WOE: Primal LCHF
Start Date: January 2012
Clackley: I agree completely! They are looking for the magic fix that will make everything better. And the foods everyone likes to throw out as very first are (1)dairy and (2) nuts. I'm not saying this is always wrong, but for NK, these foods can be really good to have available.

Green: Since you know the scale is going to go up, just don't get on it. You don't need to put yourself through the emotional turmoil for water weight. Be nice to yourself!
unna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:30 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Thank you for the support and suggestion, Unna. I'll stay away from the scale for a few days
Old 12-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unna View Post
Clackley:

Green: Since you know the scale is going to go up, just don't get on it. You don't need to put yourself through the emotional turmoil for water weight. Be nice to yourself!
Also, I'll be using the method you mentioned about getting back into NK.
Water fasting all day today and a walk before dinner.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:20 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Unna, I think the problem with nuts and dairy for some people is that they tend overeat both of them. In small amounts, they are great, but for folks who over eat, say nuts, it is not a good idea to keep them on hand. Like-wise for cheese. (Of course many people avoid dairy for reasons other than carbs or calories.) I do indulge in dairy, but I measure and rarely go overboard. Nuts are another story, so it's a really bad idea for me to have them "on hand."
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

I just received some almonds as a Christmas gift. I am thinking I'll eat them, as it's just a two serving bag . . . split them with my husband. But not until Christmas day. All candy is being re-gifted this year.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #15
dee
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dee
Stats: (HW196)188/181.4/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart Nov 26.13 (formerly HHCG 2 rounds)
Good for you, Patience. I'm up a lb today. Christmas is tough. OMG. I have resisted treats and carbs for the most part...until yesterday...I didn't. I didn't even have much. Just a little. And I'm up. But if you go by my eat now pay 2 days later theory...it's from the flax bread I had on Thursday. . Good thing Christmas is almost here. I'm starting to lose will power.
dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Fortunately for me, there is little in the house to tempt me.
Unlike years past . . . .
Do what you can Dee but don't be kicking yourself.