Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2013, 10:08 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Hello, all ! I am interested in this ketogenic diet. I have diabetes type 2 so anything high fat and low carb sounds good to me. I tried the hcg diet years ago on this site but I was so hungry all the time ! Met some great people on this site though.

I have some questions. Are yall following a plan ? Is there anything I should read first to get started ?
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2013, 05:52 AM   #62
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Hello shebasmudder! Feel free to ask away! I would post new threads for your questions for speedier responses.

There is a specific plan but it is different for everyone to one degree or another as it is a 'well formulated' and that means to the individual. There are calculators to help with determine your protein amounts and there are some very knowledgeable posters.

The ARt and Science of Low Carbohydrate EAting is one of a few really good books and I would suggest reading that one.
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:46 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: unna
Stats: 230/155-160/tone
WOE: Primal LCHF
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymuma View Post

Re the eggs Unna, could the tiredness be from too much protein? I know for me, a serve of eggs is like one and a half eggs max, no other protein or I get like a sugar rush feeling, then the energy crash, leaving me feel tired and sluggish. It's not pleasant. I dont tend to eat at all before a late lunch, so no idea how I'd go at breakfast, but I don't enjoy eggs when I eat them occasionally for my lunch :/ have you tried them in different ways? Could the way they are cooked be harder to digest? I make my kids smoothies a lot of days for breakfast, and I put a raw egg in them, they seem to enjoy the eggs better that way than cooked ( they don't eat low carb).
It is not the protein, but the eggs in particular. I will have to try raw eggs in a smoothie to see if I feel the same way.....
unna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:40 AM   #64
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/203.2/160
WOE: NK/ IF
Start Date: 2 January 2014
I created a new thread for January:

High fat chat for JANUARY 2014
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:27 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by clackley View Post
Hello shebasmudder! Feel free to ask away! I would post new threads for your questions for speedier responses.

There is a specific plan but it is different for everyone to one degree or another as it is a 'well formulated' and that means to the individual. There are calculators to help with determine your protein amounts and there are some very knowledgeable posters.

The ARt and Science of Low Carbohydrate EAting is one of a few really good books and I would suggest reading that one.
Thanks ! I've added it to my wish list on amazon.
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote