Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2013, 01:32 AM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Mimosa23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 7,202
Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
Quote:
Originally Posted by unna View Post
There is a new paleo bakery in Amsterdam that I really want to try.
I'm going to have to ask my friends who are visiting this weekend to bring me a selection!!!! Thanks for the tip! Off to google.... This may be a nice thing to have once in a while when there are guests in the house. It depends on the breads whether I will have any at all. I'm not good with baked goods! The best so far for me and my cravings have been Oopsies.

Still retaining water and feeling bloated, but at least the G.I. problems have gone. Darn antibiotics! I really hate them, and try to avoid them as much as I can, this time though I had to take them. Four more days to go...

I'm going to measure BK anyway on Sunday, to see if it has affected my numbers.
__________________
Do as I say, not do as I do... DEFINITELY not do as I do!!!

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

my blog:
http://crazybeautyhealth.blogspot.de/
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2013, 04:30 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member
 
unna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 293
Gallery: unna
Stats: 230/155-160/tone
WOE: Primal LCHF
Start Date: January 2012
Mimosa: it is called "paleocompany.nl" Please tell me if you try it!

I cannot remember the last time I had to take antibiotics, but I do vividly remember having a cold not too long ago and taking large amounts of aspirin complex. The constipation, bloating, and tiredness later made me absolutely miserable - although the cold itself was gone! So, I even avoid that nowadays.
unna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:37 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member
 
Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 261
Gallery: Stardust
I keep popping in here to read up on you all as I keep thinking that increasing fat and reducing protein may be the way for me to help feel satisfied and help kick my cravings.

I'm only 2 days back on low carb and really have to stick with it and get some more weight off, at the moment still feeling tired and although not physically hungry, just feel low on energy and craving thinsg. Hopefully will pass soon!
Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:37 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: US
Posts: 681
Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
I too keep popping in to learn from your posts and comments. And I'm curious to know Unna and Mimosa, are you originally from Germany, from the States, or from somewhere else? A friend of mine married a German man who was living and working here. Eventually they decided to move to Germany as their child was born with severe medical problems for which treatment was unaffordable here in the States but could be managed under the German health care system. It has turned out to be a happy move. They live in Berlin and my friend loves the cosmopolitan sophistication and European attitudes she's encountered (as well the respect for the arts which sometimes seems missing here). In my youth I spent a few months in Germany and loved the people I met as well as all the incredibly good bread and cheeses available everywhere there at the time.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:51 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member
 
unna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 293
Gallery: unna
Stats: 230/155-160/tone
WOE: Primal LCHF
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
I keep popping in here to read up on you all as I keep thinking that increasing fat and reducing protein may be the way for me to help feel satisfied and help kick my cravings.

I'm only 2 days back on low carb and really have to stick with it and get some more weight off, at the moment still feeling tired and although not physically hungry, just feel low on energy and craving thinsg. Hopefully will pass soon!
Being on a ketogenic diet gives me tons of energy. Maybe you should give it a try for that reason alone! It also takes away my cravings.
unna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member
 
unna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 293
Gallery: unna
Stats: 230/155-160/tone
WOE: Primal LCHF
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaGetz View Post
I too keep popping in to learn from your posts and comments. And I'm curious to know Unna and Mimosa, are you originally from Germany, from the States, or from somewhere else? A friend of mine married a German man who was living and working here. Eventually they decided to move to Germany as their child was born with severe medical problems for which treatment was unaffordable here in the States but could be managed under the German health care system. It has turned out to be a happy move. They live in Berlin and my friend loves the cosmopolitan sophistication and European attitudes she's encountered (as well the respect for the arts which sometimes seems missing here). In my youth I spent a few months in Germany and loved the people I met as well as all the incredibly good bread and cheeses available everywhere there at the time.
I'm from the States. I came to Germany for my M.A. and then met my hubby. He is great, so I'm staying here! Both America and Germany are close to my heart for different reasons.... I hope I never have to decide between the one or the other forever.

You'll have to visit Germany again. Besides the ubiquitous bread and beer, Germany is actually really great for keto... with great quality, affordable cheeses and dairy products, and grass-fed meat and butter.
unna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:07 AM   #37
dee
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 185
Gallery: dee
Stats: (HW196)188/181.4/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart Nov 26.13 (formerly HHCG 2 rounds)
Hope it's ok to post my mini goals here. Hoping to hit 175 or less by mid jan. I allowed for a 0 loss week at Christmas. Hopefully I don't gain. I'll do my best and if I mess up a bit, I'll just accept it and get back on plan. If I lose 2 lbs a week, I could very well be 165 in march! Haven't been there in many years! 145 is my ultimate goal but honestly...I'll be quite happy with anything under 165. I've thought about maybe trying to maintain for a while at 165. Want to make sure it "sticks". My theory is that if I can maintain at that weight then I can lose more weight easier. If I have trouble maintaining at that weight then I won't go further. I know most people would say to keep losing until I get to 145 but I'm 47 years old. I guess I just want to be realistic. And that will be 31 lbs less than my all time high. Any other people my age agree? Or am I out to lunch here?
dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:15 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
MtherGoos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,126
Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/127.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
I totally agree Dee! Maintenance can be the hardest part for some of us. I think it's a great idea to take a break from the loss portion for a while, work on maintenance, and then go on to lose more if you decide to. Having a plan in place is the most important part to keeping it off I think.
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:28 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member
 
unna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 293
Gallery: unna
Stats: 230/155-160/tone
WOE: Primal LCHF
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee View Post
I know most people would say to keep losing until I get to 145 but I'm 47 years old. I guess I just want to be realistic. And that will be 31 lbs less than my all time high. Any other people my age agree? Or am I out to lunch here?
I completely agree! I think everyone should settle on the weight in which they feel healthy and comfortable and energetic.

So many people on forums endlessly try to achieve an ideal weight, but will never get there b/c it is simply not in their genetics. As I get older, I am really seeing why having a goal weight may not be realistic, or even a waste of time.

I think it is good to have goals in life, but I don't necessarily think a good goal is a certain weight. This is because there are endless external, uncontrollable influences that will get between you and your goal. But, most people will perceive failing to arrive at their goal weight as a personal failure - b/c they lack willpower - which it is not!

And the BMI chart is really silly, so please no one look at that!
unna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:06 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member
 
MerryKate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sequim, WA
Posts: 697
Gallery: MerryKate
Stats: 252/196.5/150
WOE: Nutritional ketosis
Start Date: April 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
I'm only 2 days back on low carb and really have to stick with it and get some more weight off, at the moment still feeling tired and although not physically hungry, just feel low on energy and craving things. Hopefully will pass soon!
Welcome, Stardust! Something I've found to help with the low-carb flu is coconut oil. If your system can handle it, eat 2-3 TB/day for the first few days of starting NK. It will give you energy to get you through the switch from glucose-burning to fat-burning.
MerryKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:12 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member
 
MerryKate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sequim, WA
Posts: 697
Gallery: MerryKate
Stats: 252/196.5/150
WOE: Nutritional ketosis
Start Date: April 2011
I've been doing an end-of-the-year review of my eating plan and I'm not overly pleased with what I'm seeing. It's been a rough year, emotionally and physically, and I went off plan twice, so I'm up about 10 lbs. from where I started in January. :/ After looking at all my numbers, I can see I'm also experiencing carb creep (no surprise there).

My goal for the next few months is to get back to consuming 1600 cals/day, 20 g net carbs/35 g total carbs max, and 68 g protein/day. I started doing a 16/8 intermittent fast two months ago and I can see that it gives me a definite edge in keeping my calories and carbs under control. I usually have breakfast on the weekend, and those days my intake is higher overall, by about 300 calories. I think I'm also going to make the fast a 7 days/week thing and see if that makes a difference. Here's to a better 2014!
MerryKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:33 AM   #42
Chatty Cathy
 
clackley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Ontario
Posts: 16,756
Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by unna View Post
I completely agree! I think everyone should settle on the weight in which they feel healthy and comfortable and energetic.

So many people on forums endlessly try to achieve an ideal weight, but will never get there b/c it is simply not in their genetics. As I get older, I am really seeing why having a goal weight may not be realistic, or even a waste of time.

I think it is good to have goals in life, but I don't necessarily think a good goal is a certain weight. This is because there are endless external, uncontrollable influences that will get between you and your goal. But, most people will perceive failing to arrive at their goal weight as a personal failure - b/c they lack willpower - which it is not!

And the BMI chart is really silly, so please no one look at that!
Very wise words! Weight is not always something one can force down. I am sadly an expert on that. The important thing in terms of goals is to try to see the big picture in that scale weight is only one aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryKate View Post
Welcome, Stardust! Something I've found to help with the low-carb flu is coconut oil. If your system can handle it, eat 2-3 TB/day for the first few days of starting NK. It will give you energy to get you through the switch from glucose-burning to fat-burning.
Another thing that can't be said often enough is to consume 2 cups of regular sodium chicken broth to replace electrolytes. I would also suggest only consuming 1 tsp. of c.o. at first as it can rip through you and give you an uncomfortable feeling. It is really a great thing but you need to work up to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryKate View Post
I've been doing an end-of-the-year review of my eating plan and I'm not overly pleased with what I'm seeing. It's been a rough year, emotionally and physically, and I went off plan twice, so I'm up about 10 lbs. from where I started in January. :/ After looking at all my numbers, I can see I'm also experiencing carb creep (no surprise there).

My goal for the next few months is to get back to consuming 1600 cals/day, 20 g net carbs/35 g total carbs max, and 68 g protein/day. I started doing a 16/8 intermittent fast two months ago and I can see that it gives me a definite edge in keeping my calories and carbs under control. I usually have breakfast on the weekend, and those days my intake is higher overall, by about 300 calories. I think I'm also going to make the fast a 7 days/week thing and see if that makes a difference. Here's to a better 2014!
Sorry to hear that you have had a rough year. Sounds like you have done well considering. We are all here to cheer you on!
__________________
Cathy
Original start - Feb. 2000 180/125

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia

"dumping carbohydrates on your broken metabolism is tantamount to doing jumping jacks on two broken legs" -The Spark of Reason

“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 662
Gallery: Green
Stats: no scale unless doing PHD
WOE: HDE, Potatoes as needed
Start Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by unna View Post
I completely agree! I think everyone should settle on the weight in which they feel healthy and comfortable and energetic.

So many people on forums endlessly try to achieve an ideal weight, but will never get there b/c it is simply not in their genetics. As I get older, I am really seeing why having a goal weight may not be realistic, or even a waste of time.

I think it is good to have goals in life, but I don't necessarily think a good goal is a certain weight. This is because there are endless external, uncontrollable influences that will get between you and your goal. But, most people will perceive failing to arrive at their goal weight as a personal failure - b/c they lack willpower - which it is not!

And the BMI chart is really silly, so please no one look at that!
Yes this is great advice.
It's also important to make sure your goals really make sense as far as body composition goes.
For instance, I had a dunk test yesterday for body comp and we looked at my goals. Right now I'm around 150 lbs at 27% body fat (that's 111lbs LBM and the rest is fat/water, I guess). For me to get to my goals of 22% body fat at 125 lbs., I'd have to lose so much more LBM! Going by my body fat percentage goal alone at 22%, all I need to get down to is 140lbs (if I maintain my LBM) It put a new perspective on things and seems much more manageable.

Last edited by Green; 12-15-2013 at 08:46 AM..
Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member
 
unna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 293
Gallery: unna
Stats: 230/155-160/tone
WOE: Primal LCHF
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green View Post
Yes this is great advice.
It's also important to make sure your goals really make sense as far as body composition goes.
For instance, I had a dunk test yesterday for body comp and we looked at my goals. Right now I'm around 150 lbs at 27% body fat (that's 111lbs LBM and the rest is fat/water, I guess). For me to get to my goals of 22% body fat at 125 lbs., I'd have to lose so much more LBM! Going by my body fat percentage goal alone at 22%, all I need to get down to is 140lbs (if I maintain my LBM) It put a new perspective on things and seems much more manageable.
This is SO interesting!!

I mean, every girl that is 5'4" usually believes that her perfect weight is 120. But that generic goal is so unrealistic for you.

I remember hearing when I was younger that a good weight for each person is 5lbs per inch. If this were true, apparently I should be between 140-145. I have never been this thin, not even at my thinnest (which was super short-lived because I did a very low calorie diet to get there). My natural "lean" weight is 160.

I think we all need a dunk test!
unna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 04:19 AM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Mimosa23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 7,202
Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaGetz View Post
I too keep popping in to learn from your posts and comments. And I'm curious to know Unna and Mimosa, are you originally from Germany, from the States, or from somewhere else? A friend of mine married a German man who was living and working here. Eventually they decided to move to Germany as their child was born with severe medical problems for which treatment was unaffordable here in the States but could be managed under the German health care system. It has turned out to be a happy move. They live in Berlin and my friend loves the cosmopolitan sophistication and European attitudes she's encountered (as well the respect for the arts which sometimes seems missing here). In my youth I spent a few months in Germany and loved the people I met as well as all the incredibly good bread and cheeses available everywhere there at the time.
I have been all over the place! I am Dutch, and grew up in the Netherlands, but then ended up travelling a year or so after starting university. I travelled in Australia for a while and ended up doing a degree in the UK. From there, I worked in the London area for 7 years after graduating. I then left to work in Spain for two years and work took me to Germany 4 years ago. I came for work, but am staying for love! I met BF 2.5 years ago and he's German. I'll be staying here now. We plan to get married and all that in the near future.
I love Germany. It's close to the Dutch culture but better organised and cleaner! I'm very spoilt by living here and wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world. I speak fluent German, Dutch, English and good French and Spanish, so I could actually go almost anywhere, but Germany is where I want to be.
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:38 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member
 
unna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 293
Gallery: unna
Stats: 230/155-160/tone
WOE: Primal LCHF
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimosa23 View Post
I speak fluent German, Dutch, English and good French and Spanish, so I could actually go almost anywhere, but Germany is where I want to be.
The poor Dutch... they have to learn everyone else's language because no one speaks their own.... haha just kidding.

The fact that I only know how to count to 20 and say the days of the week in French, oh and 'excuse me' and 'how I am called', has kept me from visiting France. While the French never bothered to learn English, they REALLY never bothered to learn German.

Anyway, I'll be inviting you to come with me to Paris soon! My husband had 4 years of French, but can't remember any of it.
unna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:49 AM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Mimosa23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 7,202
Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
LOL, Unna! Seriously, Dutch is a weird language: it has the illogical grammar of English but it is a germanic language. People who speak English and German fluently have an easier time learning Dutch. I think it's a weird mishmash of both, apart from the pronunciation which is a whole other thing altogether!

I am finding more and more great 'fast food' type places here in Germany that cater for us LCHF eaters. There is a salad bar where you can build your own salads, an Italian place that do amazing salads and antipasti, a soup place that has soups without added starches and sugars.... Really great! Do you have that where you are too, Unna?

And nobody looks weird if I ask for extra butter or parmesan on top of things! I only just noticed this since the weekend. Maybe I'm being more observant too. One of the three friends who came to stay from Holland is also doing LCHF, so we had a lot of things to chat about! She just started it because she has an underactive thyroid and needed to feel better/lose weight.
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:13 AM   #48
Chatty Cathy
 
clackley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Ontario
Posts: 16,756
Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Special treats for the holidays (food).

I just wonder if it might be a good idea to share our food indulgences and maybe try to provide the macros or not...just the ideas is good too.

I am having a tree trimming and of course want to enjoy the seasons traditional foods so I am making egg nog with almond milk, hwc and egg nog syrup with a dash of nutmeg (rum maybe). I also discovered a gingerbread recipe that I think turned out really well. I used cream cheese frosting to decorate.

Jalepeno poppers, and ricotta stuffed cocktail tomatoes with basil and balsamic vinegar, pate, cheese, cucumber slices and I think it is going to be great!

I heard that there is a way to make mulled wine without the apple cider. Instead, use a chai tea and a bit of sweetener but I have not tried this. Has anyone else heard or tried this?
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:34 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 662
Gallery: Green
Stats: no scale unless doing PHD
WOE: HDE, Potatoes as needed
Start Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by clackley View Post
I just wonder if it might be a good idea to share our food indulgences and maybe try to provide the macros or not...just the ideas is good too.
That's a great idea, Cathy! I haven't heard of the mulled wine recipe with chai tea but it sounds like it would work. I'd be interested to hear about your gingerbread with icing! That's just the kind of keto indulgence I'd like to make for the season.

I'll be doing a creamed spinach dish, maybe a leek gratin, and Linda's sausage and mushroom "dressing." I'll get the macros for them and post away. We're hosting a huge Christmas lunch so having plenty of keto options to go along with the standard fare makes things much easier on an NK gal.
Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:15 AM   #50
Chatty Cathy
 
clackley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Ontario
Posts: 16,756
Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Gingerbread cookies were a hit. They are my current avi. I really thought they were going to be awful because the uncooked doe was so oily but somehow they turned out crispy and very tasty. The icing was also very good but I already knew that would be the case. How can cream cheese and a.s. ever fail???

I have not tried the mulled wine as yet. I did try to carbonate a bottle of wine with my sodastread and learned how that is not a good idea. All of about 1/5 of the litre ended up on the counter, walls and floor. It was entertaining for those watching though. Not sure why it had this reaction....have to do a bit more investigating on that before I try again. I was really glad I went with the white wine as well......red would have been a much bigger deal as I have white everything mostly in my kitchen and my clothing would have be reduced to the rag bag!

Last edited by clackley; 12-18-2013 at 08:18 AM..
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 662
Gallery: Green
Stats: no scale unless doing PHD
WOE: HDE, Potatoes as needed
Start Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by clackley View Post
Gingerbread cookies were a hit. They are my current avi. I really thought they were going to be awful because the uncooked doe was so oily but somehow they turned out crispy and very tasty. The icing was also very good but I already knew that would be the case. How can cream cheese and a.s. ever fail???

I have not tried the mulled wine as yet. I did try to carbonate a bottle of wine with my sodastread and learned how that is not a good idea. All of about 1/5 of the litre ended up on the counter, walls and floor. It was entertaining for those watching though. Not sure why it had this reaction....have to do a bit more investigating on that before I try again. I was really glad I went with the white wine as well......red would have been a much bigger deal as I have white everything mostly in my kitchen and my clothing would have be reduced to the rag bag!
Oh no! Soda stream fail! I love mine and have wondered how it would do carbonating other liquids... I know now to be careful.


Will you share your gingerbread cookie recipe? I'm dying to know...
Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #52
Chatty Cathy
 
clackley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Ontario
Posts: 16,756
Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Sure! It comes from a blog called alldayidreamaboutfood. I changed it a bit by cutting it in half and using powdered splenda. I also did all the mixing in my food processor. Not sure what made it too dry so I added about 1/2 tbsp to make it come together in a ball. You may want to look for the original recipe.

I also used my cream cheese recipe which is cream cheese, butter, vanilla and powdered erythritol. It will harden over night if left to air dry once you have decorated.

Quote:
Ingredients
4 cups almond flour (Honeyville)
1 cup Swerve Sweetener (powdered splenda)
1/4 cup Coconut flour
2 tbsp ground ginger
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cloves
2 large eggs
1/4 cup Kelapo coconut oil, melted
3 tbsp molasses
1 tsp vanilla extract
Instructions
1. For the cookies, preheat oven to 275F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, sweetener, coconut flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking
powder, xanthan gum, salt and cloves.
3. Stir in eggs, coconut oil, molasses and vanilla extract until dough comes together.
4. Divide dough in half and turn out first half onto a large piece of parchment paper. Top with another
piece of parchment and roll out out about 1/4 inch thick.
5. Use cookie cutters to cut into desired shapes and gently loosen and lift with an offset spatula. Place
onto prepared baking sheets.
6. Gather up scraps and reroll until too little is left to roll out. Repeat with second half of dough.
7. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown and just firm to the touch. Remove and let cool 5 minutes on
pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
11. *For crisper cookies, bake at 225F for 50 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. They will
crisp up as they cool
Notes
Makes about 50 cookies. Each cookie has 4 g of carbs and 2 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 2 g.
74 Calories; 6g Fat (68.1% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 8mg
Cholesterol; 47mg Sodium.


The calculations are from the original (the icing was used in the calc. but I didn't use that portion of the recipe) and will be a bit different if you use different ingredients particularly for the icing portion.

Last edited by clackley; 12-18-2013 at 10:48 AM..
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:53 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 662
Gallery: Green
Stats: no scale unless doing PHD
WOE: HDE, Potatoes as needed
Start Date: May 2014
Thanks!!!!! I'll be making these this weekend
Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:16 AM   #54
dee
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 185
Gallery: dee
Stats: (HW196)188/181.4/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart Nov 26.13 (formerly HHCG 2 rounds)
I'm down this morning by almost a lb to 181.4 after sitting almost a week at 182.8. Still hoping to get to the 70's by Christmas. 2 lbs to go in 6 days! Bring on the whoosh!!!
I hit 171 a few years ago and 177 a couple of years ago. Neither stuck around. The 171 was when I was on Ideal Protein. I was doing well but then I got pretty sick and had to quit. I gained it back quite quickly. the 177 was on my 2nd round of HCG. I didn't do the stabilization properly b/c I went on a vacation right then. That'll teach me! All that hard work for 3 weeks down the drain for a few days of carb city. So I'm eagerly anticipating hitting 177 and then 171 again this time around and never going up to the 180s AGAIN!!! I'm convincing myself LOL. Happy girl today! Hope the 181 sticks and doesn't just do the quick dip thing I am so used to doing......have a great day all!
dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #55
Chatty Cathy
 
clackley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Ontario
Posts: 16,756
Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Excellent progress Dee! KUTGW!
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:09 AM   #56
Chatty Cathy
 
clackley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Ontario
Posts: 16,756
Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays all my fellow N.K.ers!!!
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 04:31 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia :)
Posts: 327
Gallery: luckymuma
Stats: 96kg ( 211) start weight GOAL weight 74kg(163)
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 01 Aug 2013
Hi all I'm joining in at the very end of December as I think this is where I fit best I've done low carb ( protein power I think it was) a few times to get pregnant ( I have a hormonal imbalance, and probably insulin issues) and ended up on metformin to make my babies stick in two pregnancies....and now the last baby is three...and I'm sick of being fat and getting fatter! I started in August this year, just doing my thing, and trying to listen really hard to what my body wants. I've worked out, too much protein knocks me out of ketosis, and actually makes me feel sick, almost like a sugar rush, but not as severe, and I get the come down after too
And I need to keep my carbs super low, like 8-15g per day max.....

So doing that, I've ended up with a high fat, moderate protein very low carb diet I think. I eat two meals a day, third meal is a BPC for breakfast. I eat cream, cheese aNd butter, meat, eggs occasionally, some fish...and that's it...apart from cabbage a few times a week raw to help balance hormones, the occasional ( once a week) 1/2 cucumber, and some erythritol in my coffee.

I've never felt better! I'm a slow loser, about 3kg per month, and tend to have to stick to weighing just after mid cycle point, or after a bleed because I retain so much water around those times :/

Anyway, I hope I can join in the chats, and learn from you all.

Oh and I'm from Australia it seems like there is a mix of different countries on this thread!

Hope you all had a great Xmas?
__________________
18.4kg ( 40.4lbs) less of me so far!
luckymuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 06:45 AM   #58
Chatty Cathy
 
clackley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Ontario
Posts: 16,756
Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Luckymuma, welcome!!! Your diet describes N.K. perfectly so you are in the right place!!!

It has been pretty quiet on the forum over the past week or so and might be until the new year but I think we have some pretty great conversations and information sharing here and you will fit in very nicely!!

Never been to Australia but I understand that the low carb movement has taken off with some speed there (unlike Canada).
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:44 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member
 
unna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 293
Gallery: unna
Stats: 230/155-160/tone
WOE: Primal LCHF
Start Date: January 2012
Welcome luckymuma!

I just wanted to post about what seems to be an egg intolerance of mine. I am a pretty good eater - I don't have a bad reaction to many foods.

But I find that when I eat eggs for breakfast, they sit in my stomach like a ton of bricks, making me feel very tired and unmotivated. I hate this, as eggs are definitely one of my all-time favorite foods.

Does anyone else have a similar problem?
unna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:37 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia :)
Posts: 327
Gallery: luckymuma
Stats: 96kg ( 211) start weight GOAL weight 74kg(163)
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 01 Aug 2013
Thanks for the welcomes Clackley and Unna nice to have found my niche

Re the eggs Unna, could the tiredness be from too much protein? I know for me, a serve of eggs is like one and a half eggs max, no other protein or I get like a sugar rush feeling, then the energy crash, leaving me feel tired and sluggish. It's not pleasant. I dont tend to eat at all before a late lunch, so no idea how I'd go at breakfast, but I don't enjoy eggs when I eat them occasionally for my lunch :/ have you tried them in different ways? Could the way they are cooked be harder to digest? I make my kids smoothies a lot of days for breakfast, and I put a raw egg in them, they seem to enjoy the eggs better that way than cooked ( they don't eat low carb).
luckymuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:11 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.