Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ketokd
Not keto adapted or not working?

This is day 14 of ketosis. I lost 5 lbs in the first week which I know is all water weight. Was expecting to continue to lose after that. But this week the scale didnt budge!

I stay under 20g carbs/40g protein and I get all the fat I can. So Im wondering how long it took other people. I see stories of people losing 15-20 in the 1st month and Im wondering if Im doing something wrong?

Any insight is appreciated.
ketokd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2013, 08:27 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovetoknit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketokd View Post
This is day 14 of ketosis. I lost 5 lbs in the first week which I know is all water weight. Was expecting to continue to lose after that. But this week the scale didnt budge!

I stay under 20g carbs/40g protein and I get all the fat I can. So Im wondering how long it took other people. I see stories of people losing 15-20 in the 1st month and Im wondering if Im doing something wrong?

Any insight is appreciated.
I lost 5 pounds the first month. That was more than I have lost since I was in my 30's. Your body probably will take a little break. Some people actually gain at first. They lose inches, though. If you do not lose anything in another week, try keeping track of your fat and maybe reducing that. You also might just be losing inches. Try measuring yourself once a week.
Carolyn
lovetoknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/208/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012

I agree with lovetoknit. The scale doesn't tell the whole story. Is there a particular reason you are only eating 40 g protein a day? That is pretty low for most people.
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:19 PM   #4
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Welcome and congrats on your weight loss to date. Couple questions - how much do you have to lose and secondly, any medical conditions you are aware of?

It is too early to say you aren't losing. Very normal to have a pause. Try to relax and enjoy your new woe.
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:21 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: unna
Stats: 230/155-160/tone
WOE: Primal LCHF
Start Date: January 2012
I agree with the others, it is simply too early to tell.

But, there are ways you can find out if this is the right diet for you:

-How are you feeling in general? Are you feeling good and energetic or lethargic? Are you sleeping okay?

If there is one thing I've learned about losing weight and keeping it off: slow and steady wins the race every time.

Also, while many people like to keep track of their progress by focusing on the very minute details (checking the scale every morning, checking to see if they are in ketosis after every meal), I find this behavior always makes me obsessive and makes me want to see very quick results. Then, when I don't see the quick results, I assume that something needs to be changed, even if it really doesn't. I suppose I loose my patience when I pay attention to the details too much.

But others do really well when they track details. Instead of the details like scale weight and whether I'm in ketosis according to the sticks, I reflect on how I feel or felt. Questions I contemplate are:

-Did I feel fatigued yesterday/ like I needed to nap?
-Did I have the motivation and energy to do physical activity? (unsuccessful diets always leave people feeling unmotivated, as the body wants to conserve energy)
-Did I feel hungry, even if it wasn't really time to eat?
unna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ketokd
thank u everyone for the feedback. Just going to be patient for now
ketokd is offline   Reply With Quote