Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sheened
Stats: Original SW:190 SW:162.8 CW:145 GW:119
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 10th Nov 2013
LOL i love that kate, great meataphor! I'm sure all that walking used up some of those carbs so don't worry about it, great going on all the exercise!

I'm doing pretty good, just tipped over to 10st 13.8lbs yay!! Lets see if it sticks!!
sheened is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Green
Stats: no scale unless doing PHD
WOE: HDE, Potatoes as needed
Start Date: May 2014
Awesome Sheened!!
I chickened out yesterday with the scale.... was supposed to weigh in for the first time since re-starting almost a month ago. I think I may wait another month. I just recently gained all of this visible water weight from going on a medication (spironolactone) and don't want to be discouraged if my weight isn't down.
Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:30 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Green, i totally know what you mean, I was trying to will myself not to get on the scales during TOM but I cant help myself! If you can do it good for you! You'll have a nice surprise by the end of moth two!
Old 12-08-2013, 01:20 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Quick update, all is well, lost 2.8lbs this week (after going up last week). Down to 10st 12.2 lbs, such a relief to finally get in the 10's yay!!! This week will be more challenging, my sister has come to visit, so eating out and i'm surprising her with a weekend away so i'll do my bets to make sensible choices while shes around. To be honest i'll be happy if dont gain anything!!
Old 12-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Awesome sheened!!!
Old 12-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

I'm so bummed... I weighed today and I'm at 149. I knew I shouldn't have but something drew me in. This was after lunch so I'll check again in the AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Checked again this morning and still 149... i hope this is just water weight from stopping spironolactone
Old 12-14-2013, 09:15 AM   #68
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dahilz
Stats: 159/150/135
WOE: HFLC
Start Date: Nov 2013
Sorry to hear that. And I am right at 150 and have not moved into the 40's for some time. It's important that you don't get discouraged and jump off the wagon. Hold the course anyway.

I would be interested in knowing how everyone determined what is an ideal weight to shoot for is.
Dahilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Dahilz. I appreciate it. I think the discouragement mixed with TOM triggered a binge last night. Really fell off the wagon but I'm back on today.
The ideal weight thing is a good question. How tall are you? I think it helps to know your body composition. I posted this in another thread but yesterday I found out through a dunk test that I'm at 27% body fat with 111lbs of lean body mass. My goal weight has been 125lbs and goal body fat percentage at 22%, but in order for me to get there, I'd have to lose as much lean body mass as fat mass! So if I want to keep my existing lean body mass and get to 22% body fat, my goal weight should only be 140 lbs.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #70
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SuzanneM
Stats: 155/127/125
WOE: LC
hi everyone!

Green just wanted to pop in and say that I have the same weight goal as you and I'm 5' 4'. I've done a great job in getting 20 lbs off so far, this year, but I tell you, this last 5-10 left, is like pulling teeth and I don't know if I am realistic in my goal.

I am scheduling a dunk test for Jan to see where I am lean body mass/fat mass %, so will be interestesting to see what I need to shoot for.
I would see how you feel and look at 140lbs, I feel as if even at 135, I still have a lot of fat to loose, so It will be good for me to get an accurate assessment.

Oh and Dahilz, I am shooting for my goal weight, as I was down to around 125, about 10 years, and it's a weight that I always felt my best at, I do really though that my body composition has changed, and I have lost a lot of muscle weight, as I don't work out, or lift weights, nearly as much as I used to - well actually not at all, like I used to!

Last edited by SuzanneM; 12-15-2013 at 02:52 PM..
SuzanneM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Hey Suzanne! Great job on your losses so far. Do you eat freely in LC or do you track some macros and calories? Just wondering as it is nice to see what people with similar goals and sizes are doing.

Let us know about the dunk test in January. It really changed things up for me. My goal weight in the long-run may be 125, but for now it's 140. I'll get another dunk test then, see how I feel, and assess how I look both in and out of my clothes...

I only do weight training 3-4 times a month these days. Do you seem to lose better when you're not working out?
Old 12-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SuzanneM
Stats: 155/127/125
WOE: LC
Hi Green, I lost the first 10 general lc, and then I got interested in the HFLC about 4 months ago, I did the Fat Fast intermittently, which does track the macros and cals, which are at 1,000 cals, I was hungry, but worked great at losing some fat, not just water weight.
I try and follow High Fat macros, but have not been that consistent in the last month So it's up and down the same old 3-4 lbs.

I'm a cardio bunny, and spin about 3 times a week,no noticing any correlation with weight loss and my work outs, but It helps lean me out I think, and great for my mental health too, but in the New Year, I want to start focusing more on weights, to raise my lbm.

Last edited by SuzanneM; 12-18-2013 at 09:07 AM..
SuzanneM is online now   Reply With Quote