Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: time2change
Stats: 5'2 172/hoping for 110
WOE: JUDDD ???
Start Date: April 2014
Nutritional Ketosis As a Vegetarian or a Vegan

I am adopting the low carb lifestyle because it is how I believe we were meant to eat and be healthy. I need to lose 50 lbs, 30 for health and 20 for vanity. I do not want to eat meat a year from now. It has no appeal to me yet it is needed to adopt this lifestyle. But it seems in this way of eating, a vegetarian adaption is almost optimal so that protein is not exceeded. Any thoughts from members or anyone doing this currently?
time2change is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2013, 07:45 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/217/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: April 2012
I read your question, couldn't answer it, so I googled it. I read a good article from a guy who is actually doing this type of diet. Personally, I would never eat the way he is. He basically eats like we do except he substitutes his real meat with the fake stuff. It's full of soy. Soy is detrimental to your health. Obviously it can be done, but I'd much rather just eat the real stuff. So my conclusion is this: If you don't want to eat meat out of some kind of conviction, then eat the fake stuff. If you are not wanting to eat meat because you think it's somehow unhealthy, then I would suggest reading more in the subject. Our bodies can live very healthy off of nothing but good meats and good fats. Google keto vegetarian to get some good articles on the subject.

Dieting is hard;being fat is hard; choose your hard.
cfine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:26 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: time2change
Stats: 5'2 172/hoping for 110
WOE: JUDDD ???
Start Date: April 2014
Thank you for your answer. I don't want to eat "fake" meat either. Processed food is the enemy, vegetarian or not. I will figure it out as I go. My need comes from a spirtual level. I like that this woe is more about fats then protein. Eggs, turkey, and fish are how I'm eating now. Will continue to do so.
time2change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:44 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Seems to me it would quite difficult to do NK as vegan, less difficult as a vegetarian. Keeping carbs low might be the biggest challenge. Fats could come easily from olive and CO and nuts oils. The vegetarians would have it easier with eggs and cheeses on their lists.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/217/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: April 2012
I think you can do it with those protein items. It might get a little boring at times, but I'm sure you can work with it I just made a delicious buffalo chicken except I substituted turkey for it. Yummy! And I could eat fish every day. Love all kinds of fish. What about chicken?
cfine is online now   Reply With Quote