Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/nutritional-ketosis-high-fat-low-carb/)
-   -   Stalling (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/nutritional-ketosis-high-fat-low-carb/816683-stalling.html)

Swinters 11-06-2013 07:45 PM

Stalling

Hello, I'm in my 6th week of ketosis. In the past 2 weeks, I haven't lost any weight. In the first month I lost 16 pounds. I don't know what to do to kick start my weightloss. I'm starting to wonder if I have too much protein in my diet? I'm noticing that many times it is around the same amount as my daily fat intake (sometimes more or less). I've been staying under 30 grams of carbs daily and my daily caleries range from 900-1600. Also, I have consistently been in ketosis and have not had any slip ups. Any thoughts?

GingerAnn 11-06-2013 10:02 PM

Everyone is different. Go with your gut if you think protein is too high. Scale it back and replace with fat (not cheese) and give it at least 2 weeks. I am in your weight Range and your calories seem reasonable.

Mistizoom 11-07-2013 07:02 AM

Just stick with what you've been doing. 16 lbs. in one month is huge and your body is probably just catching up. Weight loss is not linear.

Swinters 11-07-2013 11:58 AM

Thank you all for your thoughts!

lovetoknit 11-09-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swinters (Post 16673917)
Hello, I'm in my 6th week of ketosis. In the past 2 weeks, I haven't lost any weight. In the first month I lost 16 pounds. I don't know what to do to kick start my weightloss. I'm starting to wonder if I have too much protein in my diet? I'm noticing that many times it is around the same amount as my daily fat intake (sometimes more or less). I've been staying under 30 grams of carbs daily and my daily caleries range from 900-1600. Also, I have consistently been in ketosis and have not had any slip ups. Any thoughts?

You lost a lot of weight the first month. Now your body will rest for a little while. Be patient. You will start losing again soon. You probably are losing inches. At least you are not gaining. Be thankful for that.
Carolyn

Green 12-04-2013 10:17 AM

How's it going Swinters? Did you lower your protein?

Swinters 12-08-2013 03:15 PM

I have been more conscious of my protein and I have gotten out if my rut. I've now lost 21lbs total! I'm glad to be closer to my goal weight it really feels great. :-)

Green 12-08-2013 04:04 PM

That's awesome. What's your daily average protein intake?

lovetoknit 12-09-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swinters (Post 16673917)

Just be patient. 16 pounds of weight loss in a month is a lot. Your body needs time to catch up.
Carolyn

Swinters 12-10-2013 07:03 PM

I'm trying to keep it around 50-70.