Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/nutritional-ketosis-high-fat-low-carb/)
-   -   Starting over... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/nutritional-ketosis-high-fat-low-carb/816040-starting-over.html)

Kvalmera 10-26-2013 10:52 AM

Starting over...

Hello everyone! My name is Kimberly and I am new to this site but not new to LC. I lost over 40 lbs last year and then my husband and I moved to Florida and I lost my way. I had to take a job for much less than I was making in Maryland and I did not enjoy it at all. My son left for the Navy in January and life just got depressing for me and the weight just came back. I stopped exercising and was eating anything and at anytime I wanted. I would eat enough for two!

I started receiving help for the emotional side of things and that has gotten me back on track to get my eating back under control. I bought a scale and when I stepped on, I cried! 345!! I knew I had to change, I am only 42 yrs old and I want to be around for my sons and watching them as they enter adulthood, get married, grandkids!! So I started LC, not too hard but Oct 19th I decided to start induction or keto way of eating and as of yesterday I am down 11lbs. I know its water weight but I am feeling better and doing things to hold myself accountable. I decided this time to try online support as I know NO ONE here in Florida but my co workers. So here I am!!

I look forward to checking out the message boards and learning much more!

finallylosing 10-26-2013 01:37 PM

Great start! And good for you for getting back on track with things. Life throws us a lot of crap from time to time but I find that I am dealing with it better now that I am feeling a lot healthier. Keep up the good work and visit the boards regularly for support. These boards have given me a lot of help and inspiration.

Patience 10-26-2013 01:41 PM

Hi Kimberly, it's great having you join in.
The support you will find here really helps!

clackley 10-26-2013 05:16 PM

:welcome:

This is the best place for support. Read and post ofte and make it part of your plan!

cfine 10-26-2013 05:31 PM

Welcome!

monica1210 10-27-2013 05:08 AM

Welcome! The more you read about NK, the less you will ever want to stray away. Not only for the weight loss benefits, but the other diseases that it could possibly be preventing! :)

Keep reading! There are also great videos on YouTube!

snowangel9 10-27-2013 11:40 AM

:welcome: Kimberly! This is a great site for support and accountability. You are off to a great start. Who cares, what it was, water etc. the scale was counting it!! :)

nill4me 10-28-2013 04:59 AM

Welcome!! Sorry about all of your strife, but you have made some excellent strides in making things better for yourself, in more ways than one. You are in a good place here...I have found this NK group to be an invaluable resource of support, knowledge, and accountability. In short, they rock! :)

Galveston Gal 10-28-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kvalmera (Post 16659152)

....... I decided this time to try online support as I know NO ONE here in Florida but my co workers. So here I am!!

I look forward to checking out the message boards and learning much more!

Good choice ! ! !:hiya:
When my oldest was in 8th grade, we moved yet another time for my husbands job.
In class, each child was asked to make a timeline of his life...our son entered a picture of a moving truck for every time he had moved...10 times in his short life at that point!
I can recall tears of parting:cry:...but also tears of joy :clap:with moving state to state as our boys were growing.
Moving is a life event for many of us...for others...just a way of life/learning.
Keep looking for the good...life keeps changing!!!! Focus on the positive!

You are wise to reach out....this site will offer you opportunity to grow in knowledge and in strength of resolve....don't be derailed by little things...keep reaching for the goal...one day at a time!
:hugs:

keo480 11-07-2013 02:18 PM

Congrats on your son joining the Navy! I am a Navy wife so I always have respect for those in service. And trust me, my mom got depressed and gained weight when I moved from Jacksonville to Guam 2 years ago. And I had my son here. But I hope you are doing well. And please get advice here and you should never be ashamed to come here if you "mess up." The 2 biggest pieces of advice is to read up everything you can on the diet you want to follow. Also, meal plan. I meal plan 7-10 days in advance and pinterest is my best friend for an easy way to save my meals. When meal planning, plan enough for 2-3 days especially for lunch and dinner. That will help you stay out of the kitchen alot. Don't be afraid of using fat and don't count calories. HTH!

bonjohn 12-04-2013 01:24 PM

I got off track also my son join the navy (station in Guam) :( so I'm back at it, my weakness is sweets and the holidays dosent help! I fat fasting to get the sweet taste out of my mouth.... I hope the best for us ladies!!!

MerryKate 12-04-2013 01:39 PM

Hi Kimberly!
How is it going three months on? Have you been able to stick with the plan?