Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2014, 09:02 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthepath View Post
I have been thinking about fat fasting. I even bought Dana Carpenter's Fat Fast book, but i haven't done one yet. Kinda nervous to give it a try. Not sure why. Right now I am struggling really bad. Go great a couple weeks and then when the scale doesn't move for a week or two, I get discouraged and do the thing that sabbatoges me every time. I eat carbs. Or I overeat low carb. Then get frustrated with that and hit the low carb road again.
I am also hungry much of the time. I'm thinking a fat fast would take care of that too.
I am afraid that I won't have enough to eat I guess. And be hungry most of the day. I did a couple weeks of JUDDD and the self denial caused binging. I think that's what started it.
With a little planning the fat fast is no where as scary as it seems. I've incorporated it intermittently into my WOE and actually have been fat fasting this weekend. I find that my body finds it very soothing and will let me know when it wants to fat fast. (I'll suddenly wake up with ZERO appetite)

I find it's easiest if you use an online food journal that tracks your calories, and your macros so you can play around with menus for the day until you get exactly the right macros dialed in. You're shooting for 1000 calories and 90% fat.....that gives you a LOT of options. My fat fast days do tend to be largely liquid oriented because I'll drink a lot of teas, coffees and broths loaded with coconut oil, butter and HWC.....that makes it SUPER easy to get to 90% fat! I personally do NOT get hungry, I find the high fat content very satiating. That being said I only do the Fat fast for 2 or 3 days max. I find it does kill the cravings, and my energy soars. Hopefully if you try it you'll enjoy it as well. It's not for everyone, to be sure.....but don't be afraid to give it a try!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2014, 10:48 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Galveston Gal
Stats: 5'0"
WOE: Low Carb/High Fat
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthepath View Post

I am afraid that I won't have enough to eat I guess. And be hungry .....

When I read that statement...it jumped out at me
During one my conversations with my sister in Arizona...she is 76 and has recently sold their home and moved into a senior living apartment...she recalled to me that it was hard to get away from the idea that she should can and freeze all summer/fall....every year.
She recalled her childhood(11yrs older than me)that growing up on the farm...if they didn't can/freeze their food....they didn't eat.

Is it that we are all fearful of "being hungry" because we have been warned during our childhood about those who are! Like my Mom was fearful of "getting cancer"....is being hungry something we should fear?

Exploring/testing Intermittent Fasting has taught me that I don't need to fear it...but it is a curious relationship we have with food... As I continue to sort out my own "food behaviors", I am so thankful that science has answered some of the questions...cleared up the muddy waters...and given me an opportunity to change my understanding.

I might have to try a Fat Fast.....
Old 02-24-2014, 09:47 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galveston Gal View Post
When I read that statement...it jumped out at me
During one my conversations with my sister in Arizona...she is 76 and has recently sold their home and moved into a senior living apartment...she recalled to me that it was hard to get away from the idea that she should can and freeze all summer/fall....every year.
She recalled her childhood(11yrs older than me)that growing up on the farm...if they didn't can/freeze their food....they didn't eat.

Is it that we are all fearful of "being hungry" because we have been warned during our childhood about those who are! Like my Mom was fearful of "getting cancer"....is being hungry something we should fear?

Exploring/testing Intermittent Fasting has taught me that I don't need to fear it...but it is a curious relationship we have with food... As I continue to sort out my own "food behaviors", I am so thankful that science has answered some of the questions...cleared up the muddy waters...and given me an opportunity to change my understanding.

I might have to try a Fat Fast.....

My husband once told me that every thing we do in life we do either from a position of STRENGTH or a position of WEAKNESS (Fear) and there is no in between.....so you have to CONSCIOUSLY chose strength every time because other wise fear will win out! Food for thought!
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:59 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Which time?
Subbing because this is highly intriguing. I've been doing JUDDD since November and although I adore it (and had some success in the past), it's not working for me. I love fatty, creamy things and could easily do fat fasts a couple/few times a week.

Fixing to go on vacation but have been immersed in this forum gathering information. The biggest question, as I posted in another thread, is figuring out the calories to start out with when doing NK.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:13 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lowcarbella
Stats: 241(pregnancy highest)/179/150(or 20-25%BF)
WOE: LCHF/NK/MFF
Start Date: Feb 2012
vanilla,google for keto calculator for figuring out your macros.Of course I tweak it all the time,but its a good place to start off
lowcarbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:16 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Which time?
Very good, thanks. That's the one that gave me just under 1500 calories/day to lose.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote