Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sheened
Stats: Original SW:190 SW:162.8 CW:145 GW:119
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 10th Nov 2013
I'm Indian too, i knowwww, my husbands been making paneer and i've ducked the onions because of the carbs, but mixed grills i dig into. Otherwise indian foods been off the menu, my husbands been doing seekh kebabs and chicken tandoori but the carb counts were higher than i wanted. Going to see if i can do my own recipes, he used cream cheese instead of yoghurt, actually worked really well!

I see what you mean, relatives, not an easy one, i'm guessing you are going to have to explain your new woe to everyone lol. You're probably right to pack your own food in that case, i'm going to check out some of these ideas too, they look fantastic and will sustain me while i'm travelling around my living room....

Yeah we did shimla, stomach churning journey! Hope you have fun!
sheened is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2013, 11:03 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: elliot
Stats: 132/117/110
WOE: NK - HFLC/Atkins Induction
Start Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheened View Post
I'm Indian too, i knowwww, my husbands been making paneer and i've ducked the onions because of the carbs, but mixed grills i dig into. Otherwise indian foods been off the menu, my husbands been doing seekh kebabs and chicken tandoori but the carb counts were higher than i wanted. Going to see if i can do my own recipes, he used cream cheese instead of yoghurt, actually worked really well!
Lol, I assume you are from the north then. For us kebabs and such are occasional treats that we have at restaurants (we don't prepare them), but unfortunately I am not too fond of them.
I went off kebabs the first time I did atkins, suffered food poisoning on the 8th day (eating a fried kebab that came packed frozen from the store) and since then could never look at a kebab or similarly prepared foods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheened View Post
I see what you mean, relatives, not an easy one, i'm guessing you are going to have to explain your new woe to everyone lol. You're probably right to pack your own food in that case, i'm going to check out some of these ideas too, they look fantastic and will sustain me while i'm travelling around my living room....
Yeah we did shimla, stomach churning journey! Hope you have fun!
Yes my mum-in-law is very understanding, though she does not understand how I can just skip all fruits & most veggies too and all the delicious snacks she makes. She is an awesome cook and makes the most mouth watering carby delights. Lol!. I had previously told her that by December I would be in Atkins maintenance and I will eat 'some more' stuff. That was before I decided to go NK. Anyway a few weeks ago when we chatted I explained to her and she sort of took it in her stride. So hopefully I won't have to worry about home itself.
As for relatives, some are ok, the rest if they start pushing it, I'll just smile and shrug them off.
elliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:40 AM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jody1958
HWC

Someone mentioned Trader Joe's HWC, and that is a staple for me. Of course, no Trader Joes in UAE, but HWC can be made shelf stable and it is sold in little cartons similar to the "juice boxes" for kids, the kind you stick a straw in. But the HWC containers you just cut open and it makes a little spout. So my suggestion is to look for shelf stable HWC in little box/cartons.
Jody1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: keo480
oopsie rolls, beef jerky, almond butter, low carb tortilla to slab the almond butter on. I'd bring along wasabi almonds and the coca almonds. cashews are always yummy. dried edamame. that's all i can think of for now.
keo480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:51 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Green
Stats: no more scale!
WOE: Hunger Directed Eating 4/22/14
Start Date: JUDDD: start 2/14-4/14 NK: 3/13-6/13, 11/13- 1/14
I hiked in the middle of nowhere for 5 days and still ate ketogenic foods. Here's what i packed:

Salami and aged cheddar cheese (keeps longer than you'd think as long as not too hot outside),
salmon packets (i added 4 T of olive oil and some sriracha to it and ate with a spoon), nuts,
protein powder and mct oil mixed in water,
nut butter spread on dark chocolate (watch the carbs)
Green is offline   Reply With Quote