Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 04:38 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 17
Gallery: kay72979
Haven't experienced full Ketosis yet

Started my diet 10/10,,,Messed up first day but got back on track...Just had dull headache one day, next couple days vague body aches and more tired than usual. Sleep has changed...But this is all I have experienced. Have kept my carbs at 20 or below...Using the Coconut oil and Olive oils and butter and cream and fat bombs..Have used recipes also from Linda's low carb menu..I also make sure I drink alot of water..No difference on scales, except maybe gained 2 pounds...I have been walking 40 min a day for 6 weeks now also..Prior to this diet I was on Healthy Solutions for 5 weeks that entailed protein drinks,,fruits and veggies and one healthy meal a day..Lost 8 pounds on that...Any suggestions..Am thinking maybe I should have stayed with the other plan...
kay72979 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2013, 05:26 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member
 
RebeccaLatham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 999
Gallery: RebeccaLatham
Stats: 43.6%/32.7%/30% Body Fat
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: March 2009
Are you tracking how many grams of fat and protein you are eating daily? If I eat too much protein or fat, I gain weight.
RebeccaLatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:17 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member
 
cherylockholmes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Dallas, PA
Posts: 53
Gallery: cherylockholmes
Stats: 193/184/165
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kay72979 View Post
Started my diet 10/10,,,Messed up first day but got back on track...Just had dull headache one day, next couple days vague body aches and more tired than usual. Sleep has changed...But this is all I have experienced. Have kept my carbs at 20 or below...Using the Coconut oil and Olive oils and butter and cream and fat bombs..Have used recipes also from Linda's low carb menu..I also make sure I drink alot of water..No difference on scales, except maybe gained 2 pounds...I have been walking 40 min a day for 6 weeks now also..Prior to this diet I was on Healthy Solutions for 5 weeks that entailed protein drinks,,fruits and veggies and one healthy meal a day..Lost 8 pounds on that...Any suggestions..Am thinking maybe I should have stayed with the other plan...
It's only been 4 days!! It can take 2-4 WEEKS to get into ketosis for some people. Give it a chance!
cherylockholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:18 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member
 
RebeccaLatham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 999
Gallery: RebeccaLatham
Stats: 43.6%/32.7%/30% Body Fat
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: March 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylockholmes View Post
It's only been 4 days!! It can take 2-4 WEEKS to get into ketosis for some people. Give it a chance!
RebeccaLatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 17
Gallery: kay72979
OKAY!! so I expected miracles happening already after reading other postings Thanks ladies..Will keep plugging away..I haven't been counting the protein or fat,,just making sure I stay at 20 or under for carbs..Guess it's individual and how it works different on everyone..
kay72979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 19
Gallery: jephersun
Stats: 224/173/150 - Start June 10, 2013
WOE: NK
Start Date: June 2013
Just stick to it. I've lost quite a bit of weight even though I don't physically see the difference. Others have. I'm so glad I started doing NK, I'm more active and energetic, I rarely feel groggy or stuffed after eating. Everyone's body works differently, the miracles will happen shortly (you might not even notice). Also, the one thing I learned through this diet is to not be so fixated on the scale, measure your inches because for a while I've stayed the same weight but I was losing inches....Good luck!!!
jephersun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member
 
cherylockholmes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Dallas, PA
Posts: 53
Gallery: cherylockholmes
Stats: 193/184/165
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kay72979 View Post
OKAY!! so I expected miracles happening already after reading other postings Thanks ladies..Will keep plugging away..I haven't been counting the protein or fat,,just making sure I stay at 20 or under for carbs..Guess it's individual and how it works different on everyone..

Make sure you're getting enough fat....it might help to track using one of the popular online sites for that, to get an idea of how much protein/fat you're getting. One thing that can hinder weight loss if you're getting too much protein (which turns to glucose in your blood--called gluconeogenisis). You should be getting the bulk of your calories from fat.
cherylockholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:45 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 17
Gallery: kay72979
jepherson,,thank you,,,,and cherylockholmes
kay72979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member
 
RebeccaLatham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 999
Gallery: RebeccaLatham
Stats: 43.6%/32.7%/30% Body Fat
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: March 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kay72979 View Post
OKAY!! so I expected miracles happening already after reading other postings Thanks ladies..Will keep plugging away..I haven't been counting the protein or fat,,just making sure I stay at 20 or under for carbs..Guess it's individual and how it works different on everyone..
The amount to protein and fat you are eating is equally as important as the amount of carbs.
RebeccaLatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member
 
RebeccaLatham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 999
Gallery: RebeccaLatham
Stats: 43.6%/32.7%/30% Body Fat
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: March 2009
By the way, although Phinney/Volek give their formula, it was too much protein for Jimmy Moore, and it was too much protein for me. I had to eat less protein than they said to get into ketosis.
RebeccaLatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:07 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.