Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cherylockholmes
Stats: 193/184/165
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: October 2013
Spontaneous exercise

I have never been one to enjoy exercise...in fact I usually avoid it at all costs. Yet here I am, a solid 2 weeks into NK and I am practically bouncing off the walls. I went for a 2 mile walk with my dog, and now feel the urge to lift weights. I have never had the desire to lift anything heavier than my remote control (lol). I actually just went to Dick's and bought some 5lb. weights. No idea what I'm going to do with them yet, but all I know is I feel like I MUST do something with this pent up energy. Crazy side effect!
cherylockholmes is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2013, 12:42 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: elliot
Stats: 132/117/110
WOE: NK - HFLC/Atkins Induction
Start Date: Aug 2013
I guess NK (and other low carb) have similar effects on people.
I am just 2 weeks in NK too, and when I go out, I have to restrain myself from breaking into a run. Before low-carb, I was able to run non-stop 3k, but now as I am still adapting I might be lucky if I can get 300m However I just want to get back there.

Follow your body's cues and try what you need to and most importantly have fun . You can checkout youtube for videos to help you begin with weight training. Once you are ready, join a gym and lift some serious weight, high weights low repetitions. That way you will lose body fat fast and maintain or improve your lean mass.
And dont worry, unless you are on steroids or testosterone, you wont bulk up. Women cant.

Good luck!
elliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:54 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
High weights and low reps is what I do when I'm allowed to exercise.

But even without it (been restricted from exercise for over a year, due to medical issues), I've been able to maintain my LBM and lose only fat by getting enough protein to feed my muscles while staying in ketosis consistently since January. When I'm able to get back to it, I will do my best to increase my muscle mass even more. I find it gives the most bang for the buck, so to speak.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:50 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliot View Post
I guess NK (and other low carb) have similar effects on people.
I am just 2 weeks in NK too, and when I go out, I have to restrain myself from breaking into a run.
OMG, that too!! I have never run except for if someone was chasing me , but yesterday while walking the dog I felt like I WANTED to run. How odd! lol.

I would never join a gym just because that's not for me...I'm very self conscious and don't feel comfortable exercising in front of other people, but my husband does have this contraption in the basement...a universal machine? I have no idea how to use it, but I'm sure he can show me.

Last edited by cherylockholmes; 10-15-2013 at 04:51 AM..
Old 10-15-2013, 07:29 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

That would be a great start. Lots you can do with it. And the great thing is that it doesn't have to take a lot of time.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: snowangel9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: which time?
And here I thought is was a draw back to low carbing!! I remember not being able to sit still very long. I'd jump up and start cleaning or something silly like that. In my head I tried to tell myself, just sit down and relax!

Didn't work, but my house was clean! And, we bought one of those gyms too, I loved it while I had it! Someone got a great deal, like free, when I moved. Didn't want to pay to move that!

DD and I are looking at joining a gym. I'm with you though Cheryl, I don't like it. But, if I want to get back to the weights, and I do, I have no choice. No room where I am now. Hmmm... Maybe I could put one in the room with the bird. Anyone want a queen size bed? Who needs a guest room anyway!

..stop thinking of it as "starting over". It's life, we don't get do-overs. You can only move forward from this point. ~~ pepperanne
snowangel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

LOL snowangel!! Funny you mention the cleaning! On Sunday my husband found me in the bedroom going through my closet and cleaning out tons of old boxes of clothes. His jaw nearly dropped to the floor, as he knows how much I hate this chore, but I couldn't stop myself!! After that, I scrubbed the kitchen floor! Like, Cindarella on my hands and knees!! He just looked at me as if I was high on something...and honestly, that's how I've been feeling!
Old 10-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Stop on by whenever you're in the mood!