Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2013, 06:46 AM   #31
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
double post

Last edited by clackley; 10-18-2013 at 06:49 AM..
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2013, 06:46 AM   #32
Chatty Cathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
I felt if add those would fille up but even without was eating 2500-2800 calories but finally at a little less after returning yesterday and adding veggies . I feel lighter but just always delt even at lower amount calories I was gaining and felt starved when I ate alot like over 2000 I started to lose back but then stall however my metabolism seem to stay boosted and to eat any less feel I'll or gain. I so wonder if because I am trying to reduce protein and add more fat if my protein might of been to high yesterday was lowest been in awhile 121 grams verse my 140 which not bad but it's beennear too 160-200-300 grams

And 300 was even higher with all lean all protein plan . But yea I guess just not sure if possible one day or few I ate 1600 or 1400 and gained next day

Then one time did 2200-2500 and lost water weight fast which feel dropping now since returning

Maybe is that sign of fast metabolism and that eating less cause of my gain.

A year ago I was slimmer and eating 2800 calories or more lots of fat but when I figure to reduce to 1800 or less I started to gain weekly .

So not sure eat to really do

If eat less get sick feeling

And someone said my adrenal gland can be messed up is this true?
Being low carb so long could this be an issue to why I feel this way?
Anything is possible. It can be very frustrating. People say this and that and that and it doesn't work. Everyone has an opinion.

I have come to the point that it has to make some scientific sense and that calories are a unit of measure of energy but that is it. A better measure for me is the actual grams of macro nutrients.

But this is only discussing food. There are probably a million other biological reasons for hunger and weight loss or lack there of. I have a thyroid issue. I probably have insulin resistance. I have at least 40 yrs. of poor nutrition behind me. I have been on long term antibiotics...... so many things can mess with a physiology.

I don't think there is any reason to not eat a ketogenic woe if you have any weight issues because the excess weight is a pretty good indicator of metabolic disease. We know there are not essential carbs and we know that carbs drive insulin and insulin drive fat storage. I am certain there is far more to it but that is enough to avoid carbs (and excess protein) in my opinion. In other words, a ketogenic woe.

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia

"dumping carbohydrates on your broken metabolism is tantamount to doing jumping jacks on two broken legs" -The Spark of Reason

“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!

Last edited by clackley; 10-18-2013 at 06:48 AM..
Old 10-18-2013, 07:03 AM   #33
Chatty Cathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
today i woke extra hungry like my body seems honestly i need to eat every 3hours or something most of the time, i start feeling ill or can't stop thinking about food and counting the time till next time to eat..

i mean i do drink alot near a gallon a day yet doesn't help my hunger even after 20-30 minute to an hour wait i just begin to feel sick like need something and when i eat i feel alot better

heres a plate of how i normally eat
nice small 8inch round plate i believe well nice small round brown plate

had so far two meals like 3hours apart

6:30am - 2 poached pasture eggs, butter kerry gold 1tblspoon, small half avocado mexican, 3cups liquid, salt sub potassium, garlic blk pepper, cayanne spice added and broccoli and cauliflower small amount

9:20am - 3 poached eggs and rest same
the other half of avocado which some brown spots took out and same with breakfast so sortof smaller but still good portion
(felt like i didn't eat, felt empty and low blood sugar cause began to have problems breathing whihc i notice like in 2months i got a problem with that having trouble like as if i ran and trying to take in deep breaths to get in oxygen. my mom told me prob low blood pressure, seems to happen before bed, 3hours after i eat, like when i am not able to get in something to eat after a bit i begin to suffer from it normaly 3hours it all starts. but when i stand its not as bad but when i sit i have trouble.. the one day i was stuck in hospital couldn't eat so for 6hours had to suffer with that feeling and started to get blurry vision , head hurting stomaching growling. concentration was horrible. just felt ill.

maybe that could be a cause too not sure figure i mention
What you describe could be the keto adaption phase. Are you testing for blood ketones?

When you feel hungry, try a nice cup of chicken broth (NOT low sodium)with a tsp. of butter on top and see if that doesn't alleviate your symptoms.

You might consider weighing your carbs to get an accurate picture of how much is too much. Your food looks wonderful but that much veg would make me hungry.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:17 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
i am eating 25grams.. which would be total of yesterday I always seem to end up doing it like under 5 grams with out veggies or under 15 but still no difference figure needed to boost my carbs maybe being to low is my problem but i don't know .. I'm a normal to do just meat and fat and eggs type diet but still that don't seem to do any difference, figure maybe i need those veggies or so to make the meal fuller and filling. not sure.. without i htink i tend to rely on more protein cause its a solid food then eating a fat. lol and fills better
natosha120 is offline   Reply With Quote