Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2013, 05:06 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sheened
Stats: Original SW:190 SW:162.8 CW:145 GW:119
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 10th Nov 2013
Newbie!

Hi guys!

I'm new here, I've been lurking for a few days while considering a LCHF WOE and thought I may as well sign up!

A little bit about me: I've always been a bit of a chubster but for a few years managed to maintain my weight at about 140-150 pounds and then I met my husband who wined and dined me till I ballooned to just over 13st (at 5ft 2in) before my wedding. Unlike most brides I actually got heavier in the lead up to the big day! we moved country

That was 2012, anyhoo fast forward to now and I recently got down to about 11st 2lbs but due to quite a bit of travelling recently have managed to find myself at 11st 10lbs, not too much but nonetheless not tackling weight gain is how I got so heavy in the first place.

Looking back over my food logs I noticed I seemed to have been most successful when eating a diet that was at least 50% fat (probably about 1.5-2lbs a week), my standard lunch would be an avocado and some nuts. In an effort to get things moving again I'm planning to do something in the range of 80% fat 15% protein and 5% carbs for a few days and then move my carbs up slowly to about 20g until I get this weight off or for any other reason need to increase.

I have my in-laws coming to stay in a few weeks so I'm determined to get myself stuck into a healthy pattern before they come bearing biscuits!

Can anyone tell me what to expect in the first few weeks? how much were you able to shift and did you suffer any side affects?

wish me luck!
sheened is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2013, 11:51 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: elliot
Stats: 132/117/110
WOE: NK - HFLC/Atkins Induction
Start Date: Aug 2013
Just saw this post now.
I guess each of us is different. In my case after having a successful loss during the first 2 weeks (on atkins induction) I have absolutely stalled. I am not giving up (like the million times I did before) just going to hang in there and wait this out this time.

Cravings are the first that we nee to control and then let go off till such a time those 'tastes' become just sweet little memories
I guess I have reached that and I hope you are getting there too... as I see your post is almost 10 days ago?

The new mantra I keep repeating in my head every time I feel tempted or want to give up, "Remember an year from now, you'll wish you had started today and stayed on track".
elliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Hi elliot! Er kinda, been quite hungry today not cravings as such but I do want a cup of tea with a bit of milk in it, hey might even treat myself! I'm a serious tea addict, managed yesterday with two coffee and creams and green tea, but I love my cuppa!! Most of my carbs used to come from milk! I have a feeling that when i increase my carbs thats where they are going to be spent!

Good for you!! Stalling is really tough did you lose much during induction? I've noticed sometimes after a big loss people sometimes stay the same for a week or two? My weights bounced up and down so much that i'm learning to just get over it and get on with it when i know i'm doing everything right. I'm sure you will see some movement soon x

I er had a surprise boozy break in my first week courtesy of my husband so it was probably a bit slower than i would have otherwise managed! Still 3.5lbs down when i got back so cant moan, just stuck with the diet bit. The staff must have thought i was mental i asked for bacon and eggs twice within 3 hours lol.

Just waiting for that second week weigh in, just hope its good!!

How long ago did you start?
Old 10-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

I started on atkins induction way back in August. Did well till end of august, travelled in september, went off plan ( home made delicacies) then returned, fell sick and was on antibiotics for 2 weeks and was back to normal only by end of september.
I restarted in october again with atkins induction and then have been on track more or less since. However except for the weight loss I experienced during induction, I have not had any weight loss so far.
I guess it could be cause I was working out an hour during indiction, but since I moved into NK (about 10 days ago) I have not been working out at all. Just trying to get myself set into the NK state. I feel a lot better now and will start working out again from this next week.
However I am trying to stick through with it and just hang in there. Eventually it will come off I guess, or I'll just do a fat fast to get me moving along.

Hope you get better results than me , but just incase it does not happen, please, please, please do not give up. Stay strong and stay in this.

I sadly regret I gave up many times before just because of the scale and never actually noticed myself in the mirror. Now when I see photos of myself of those previous times I realise how much I did slim down... and then gave up and put on more pounds...

so dont give up, no matter what.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:10 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Hi elliot,

Sorry to hear you were unwell!! You sound like you're doing a great job you dont seem to have much to lose so i guess it takes time right? I'm chugging along ok, this is the third week, not much movement on the scale but i know I'm on track!
Old 10-23-2013, 10:02 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Yes, I hear you about the scale... Its so frustrating.
Just today I finally saw my weight come down to what it was almost 12 days ago. I just hope I am losing inches at least. I have not measured myself. I prefer to try on clothes that are tight now (but once did fit me). There are two I keep... One I last wore almost 6 years ago and the other almost 8 years ago... I'll get there.. hopefully.