Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/nutritional-ketosis-high-fat-low-carb/)
-   -   hi (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/nutritional-ketosis-high-fat-low-carb/812981-hi.html)

nill4me 09-26-2013 06:53 PM

hi

Newbie here. My name is Jenn. I've been lurking for a bit, and y'all seem like a great group. I've just finished two weeks of vlc, and did a fat fast this week. I feel great! I can't wait to get home and see if I had a loss. I travel every week for work, so I weigh in on saturdays.

I have chronic thyroiditis & hashimotos. I have frequent autoimmune atttacks that wear me down, So me saying I feel great says alot to be sure.
I have type 2 diabetes. I was on victoza and metformin twice a day. I stopped my victoza 6 months ago. Next goal is to get off the metformin. My endo is good about lettingme experiment as long as I keepa close watch on things. I have not taken metformin since Monday. I was worried about low bs with the fat fast. My numbers have been getting better every day, and have been more steady. Not as spiky. I think adding a bit of walking will getme where I want to be.

I've just read why we get fat. My science of low carb is waiting for me when I get home and I can't wait. Im ordering a ketometer this weekend. Its nice to be here, and have you all as such great resources. :)

MerryKate 09-26-2013 11:25 PM

Welcome! Sounds like you're on the right track. There's a really interesting chapter in the Art & Science of Low Carb Living about type 2 diabetes that should encourage you. My mom is a diabetic who's been low carbing for 2 years now, and she's slowly dialed back her insulin from 69 to 25. She's working on getting off of it altogether, and from what I've read this is the way to do it!

nill4me 09-27-2013 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerryKate (Post 16620843)
Welcome! Sounds like you're on the right track. There's a really interesting chapter in the Art & Science of Low Carb Living about type 2 diabetes that should encourage you. My mom is a diabetic who's been low carbing for 2 years now, and she's slowly dialed back her insulin from 69 to 25. She's working on getting off of it altogether, and from what I've read this is the way to do it!

Thanks MK, I appreciate that. I'm really looking forward to reading that book. I ordered it in paperback because I have a feeling that it will be like a dietary bible for me. Normally I would have ordered it on my nook. Its great to hear about your moms successes. It gives me additional spark to make it happen. Have a great day!

AnnetteW 09-27-2013 04:32 AM

It's a great book, and I have now a copy on my kindle in addition to the old paperback. I'm collecting low-carb books on my kindle for easy reading whenever I need a refresher. I just downloaded WWGF last night though I've read it a zillion times and have "Good Calories, Bad Calories" in hardback.

So much to read, so much to learn.

Welcome to the group.

clackley 09-27-2013 05:47 AM

:welcome:

cfine 09-27-2013 01:14 PM

Welcome!