Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/nutritional-ketosis-high-fat-low-carb/)
-   -   Hey there N.K. folks, it's MONDAY! What are you eating? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/nutritional-ketosis-high-fat-low-carb/812784-hey-there-n-k-folks-its-monday-what-you-eating.html)

clackley 09-23-2013 05:52 AM

Hey there N.K. folks, it's MONDAY! What are you eating?

Good morning! :) Another I.F. day for me...

2 bpc
30g of avocado to open
big bowl of chicken `noodle`soup and a buttered oopsie
sour cream `pudding

doxielove 09-23-2013 09:11 AM

Well today is my first official day of NK, although I've been low carbing (again) since July 8th. So far I had pepperoni chips and sour cream...85% fat, 13% protein, and 2% carbs. I'm not sure about the rest of the day - I need ideas to keep the protein low and still be able to eat, but it's a learning process. I'll update as the day goes on.

doxielove 09-23-2013 01:40 PM

Ok, not ideal but I had an Atkins potpie for lunch (added butter to the sauce) and for dinner I will have 3 egg yolks with mayo and mustard. I also had a fat bomb for a snack. As long as I don't waver from this, I'm at 84%fat, 12%protein, and 4% carbs, 1434 calories (way more than I usually eat). Gosh I hope this gets easier as time goes on - thankfully I don't work Mondays and I had lots of time to play around with this, but the rest of the week is going to be more of a challenge.

AnnetteW 09-23-2013 05:48 PM

This is what I had today:

B- coffee/hwc (trying to skip breakfast)
S- almonds
L- caesar salad (lettuce, parmesan, caesar dressing)
S- sunflower seeds, iced tea w/ AS
D- 2 sausages, sweet mustard, salad w/ dressing, 3 glasses of white wine

marmarl 09-23-2013 11:01 PM

breakfast was two slices of bacon and one egg
lunch... I don't think I had lunch but I snacked on pine nuts and cherry tomatoes from the garden
I baked "healthy" chocolate chip cookies (can there be such a thing) that had CO, eggs, almond flour, ground flax seed, coconut sugar & stevia plus dark choc chips. I ate two of those and I think they had about 8g of carbs each. EEEK!!
Dinner was two chicken thighs roasted in some homemade tomato sauce (we grew all the tomatoes & herbs, it's a great feeling) with parmesan melted on top, served with pan-roasted baby pattypans & baby zucchini

clackley 09-24-2013 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doxielove (Post 16616200)
Ok, not ideal but I had an Atkins potpie for lunch (added butter to the sauce) and for dinner I will have 3 egg yolks with mayo and mustard. I also had a fat bomb for a snack. As long as I don't waver from this, I'm at 84%fat, 12%protein, and 4% carbs, 1434 calories (way more than I usually eat). Gosh I hope this gets easier as time goes on - thankfully I don't work Mondays and I had lots of time to play around with this, but the rest of the week is going to be more of a challenge.

For me, the advance planning is what makes it quite doable. There are tons of menu ideas on this forum so if you need some inspiration look for the old threads or just ask. :)