Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/nutritional-ketosis-high-fat-low-carb/)
-   -   Hey there N.K. folks, it's SATURDAY! What are you eating? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/nutritional-ketosis-high-fat-low-carb/812651-hey-there-n-k-folks-its-saturday-what-you-eating.html)

clackley 09-21-2013 05:07 AM

Hey there N.K. folks, it's SATURDAY! What are you eating?

Good morning! Hope your day looks less rainy and gloomy than it does here. Ah well, makes a great day for shopping and I.F. (easier when out of the house for me).

2 bpc
4 olives
roast chicken with cranberry sauce and pan drippings and extra skin and a side of zucchini noodles with freshly grated parmesan
nori

AnnetteW 09-21-2013 06:11 AM

I'm going for lunch at a winery today which has a pizza truck. I checked their menu and they have salads.

B- coffee, cream, maybe cheese or an egg to tide me over

L - wine :D and hopefully salad

S - sunflower seeds if hungry

D - no clue yet

lovetoknit 09-21-2013 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clackley (Post 16613338)
Good morning! Hope your day looks less rainy and gloomy than it does here. Ah well, makes a great day for shopping and I.F. (easier when out of the house for me).

2 bpc
4 olives
roast chicken with cranberry sauce and pan drippings and extra skin and a side of zucchini noodles with freshly grated parmesan
nori

Today I ate bacon and an egg for breakfast. I will be eating salmon for lunch, and cream cheese for dinner. I also have my cream in my coffee.
Carolyn

synger 09-21-2013 10:22 AM

Breakfast (late morning, slept in) Sausage links and eggs, coffee with cream

Lunch probably two chicken thighs with homemade sauerkraut (just harvested today)

Dinner No idea yet. Maybe Bubba Burger with cheese and mayo. Swiss chard from garden sauteed w/bacon grease and garlic.

stawalke 09-21-2013 06:07 PM

Day two of fast fat:

Bpc
Fat bomb
1 oz macadamia nuts
1 fried egg in butter

Maybe another fat bomb before bed

MerryKate 09-22-2013 12:50 AM

I also slept late after a miserable night. :/ So, no breakfast.

L: omelette with cheese, sausages, coffee with HWC
S: chicken, guacamole, olives, cheddar, coffee with HWC
D: beef smoked sausage, tomatoes w/olive oil, sauteed cabbage & peppers, flax bread w/butter
ES: 12 g dark chocolate, muenster cheese

Punkin 09-22-2013 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clackley (Post 16613338)

2 bpc
4 olives
nori

I'm intrigued. What are zucchini noodles? Is it something you made yourself?
Do tell, I have a giant zucchini and have no idea what to do with it:)

Yesterday I ate:

BPC
Shiritaki crackers with cream cheese and pumpkin seed butter, and cream
watercess bread with gouda and cream
coconut milk and more BPC
breaded haddock with flax, tartar sauce and salad with kefir dressing
coffee gelatin with a lot of cream sauces

clackley 09-22-2013 06:46 AM

Punkin, zucchini noodles are basically zucchini cut into noodle shapes and then pan fried. I use a mandolin to cut them. Here is my recipe...

Garlic--Usda - Garlic, Raw, 1 clove
Beatrice - Butter - Salted, 10 g (2 tsp)
Bertolli - Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil (Canada)
Bella Rosa - Fresh Grated Parmesan, 1 tbsp
Usda - Zucchini, Includes Skin, Raw (11477), 200 g

Peel and chop garlic. Peel and cut zucchini. Heat butter and oil in a pan on low heat. Add garlic and cook for a minute or two then add zucchini and cook for another few minutes being careful to not over cook as the zucchini will turn to mush. Remove and sprinkle parm and salt and pepper. Makes 2 servings.

Total: Cal=208 carb=7g fibre=2g fat=20g protein=4g

Punkin 09-22-2013 09:03 AM

That's so neat. I tried making zucchini fries the other day and they basically turned to mush. I did overcook them but I also think I should have just cooked them without the oil, and just brushed them with oil right before serving.

clackley 09-22-2013 09:23 AM

Honestly, I can`t imagine how zucchini would make a decent fry. You would have to coat it with something and even then.... Have you tried green been fries.... I think they are pretty good.

Punkin 09-23-2013 03:15 AM

No I haven't, but I have these very large zucchinis from our garden that I am trying to use up. They are more like a squash than what people normally think of when they think of zucchini. The problem with zucchini and oil is that when you put them together the zucchini absorbs the oil as it cooks which makes it mushy. That is why I am thinking that the dry heat method might be better. More like drying it out and cooking it at the same time. If that method doesn't work I will try your noodle strategy after!