Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/nutritional-ketosis-high-fat-low-carb/)
-   -   What are YOU eating? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/nutritional-ketosis-high-fat-low-carb/812555-what-you-eating.html)

Selahgal 09-19-2013 08:02 AM

What are YOU eating?

On week two of NK and have scoured low carbs sites and found tons of recipes, but was wondering if you all could share what you are eating on a regular basis every day? And please be specific. Don't just say 'chicken' but 'baked chicken breast', etc. or 'baked chicken breast with marinara sauce'.

I need some more ideas! THX!

Oh my, I'm finding lots of specifics menus right here on some threads. Guess I should say 'nevermind'. Can't figure out how to delete this post.

marmarl 09-19-2013 09:21 AM

Most mornings I eat two or three slices of bacon and a fried egg or two.
For snack I have mac nuts, salami or cheese, or celery with cream cheese
For lunch I have some sort of green leaf whether it be arugula or salad greens dressed with oil & vinegar or kale or chard and some sort of meat. Maybe a lamb burger patty with aioli or roasted chicken thigh or bacon again or sometimes roasted turkey breast. It needs to have plenty of fat or I get hungry again later.
For dinner I will eat a ribeye steak, or meatballs (I make these with 1 lb. ground lamb, beef or pork, two slices of cooked, chopped bacon, scant 1/4 cup almond flour, one egg, herbs) cooked in coconut oil with the drippings poured over my plate, or grilled salmon or swordfish, or flatiron steak with chevre butter, sometimes a fatty pork chop, or duck/goose breast or slow roasted duck/goose legs. Veggies are roasted green veg; sometimes green beans or asparagus or kale or chard or summer squash or beet greens. I roast them in a cast iron skillet with butter & olive oil then towards the end a little lemon juice with salt & pepper.

Selahgal 09-19-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marmarl (Post 16611101)
Most mornings I eat two or three slices of bacon and a fried egg or two.
For snack I have mac nuts, salami or cheese, or celery with cream cheese
For lunch I have some sort of green leaf whether it be arugula or salad greens dressed with oil & vinegar or kale or chard and some sort of meat. Maybe a lamb burger patty with aioli or roasted chicken thigh or bacon again or sometimes roasted turkey breast. It needs to have plenty of fat or I get hungry again later.
For dinner I will eat a ribeye steak, or meatballs (I make these with 1 lb. ground lamb, beef or pork, two slices of cooked, chopped bacon, scant 1/4 cup almond flour, one egg, herbs) cooked in coconut oil with the drippings poured over my plate, or grilled salmon or swordfish, or flatiron steak with chevre butter, sometimes a fatty pork chop, or duck/goose breast or slow roasted duck/goose legs. Veggies are roasted green veg; sometimes green beans or asparagus or kale or chard or summer squash or beet greens. I roast them in a cast iron skillet with butter & olive oil then towards the end a little lemon juice with salt & pepper.

Thanks, just the kind of specifics I was looking for! :)