Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DebbyCDA
Stats: 255/242/140
WOE: LCHF/NK
Start Date: Aug2013
NK cookbook suggestions?

Hello all!

Anyone offer a recommendation for a good NK cookbook? I was looking on Amazon, and always read the reviews. Not too encouraging. Anyone have real-life experience with any? Thanks!

Debby
DebbyCDA is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2013, 12:06 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: colamalu
Stats: 5'6" 188/182/135
WOE: NK
Start Date: NK Restart July 2014
I use Dana Carpenter's Fat Fast Cookbook. The recipes are all around 200 calories and are 80% fat or higher. You could always double/triple or make more than one recipe for a meal. And add a little protein, depending on your macros.
colamalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MerryKate
Stats: 252/196.5/150
WOE: Nutritional ketosis
Start Date: April 2011
I'll second the motion on Dana Carpender's books - I've made recipes from both "500 Low Carb Recipes" and "500 More Low Carb Recipes". She does a lot of testing before she publishes the recipes, and most come out well. My one quibble is her use of protein powder as a flour in baked goods; I've yet to have a recipe turn out well, but I suspect it's because I don't buy the best protein powder available. :/ The other one I'd recommend is an e-book entitled "Healthy Indulgences Cookbook" by Lauren Benning, who has been a regular on these boards at times. You can find it on her website (aka Healthy Indulgences) or on Amazon. It's a must-read if you have a sweet tooth, like me.

Now, if you're not married to having a book in front of you, there are a bunch of good recipe websites out there, like Healthy Indulgences, Your Lighter Side (featuring the work of Cleochatra, who created the Oopsie Roll recipe), All Day I Dream About Food, Buttoni's wordpress recipe site, which is killer, and Sugar Free Low Carb Recipes. I can't give links to these sites – I'm pretty sure that would go against the rules – but Google them and have fun cooking!

Last edited by MerryKate; 09-15-2013 at 07:11 PM..
MerryKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:39 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DebbyCDA
Stats: 255/242/140
WOE: LCHF/NK
Start Date: Aug2013
Thanks for the helps and advice! Will be checking them all out! HUGS!
DebbyCDA is online now   Reply With Quote