Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2013, 02:34 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member
 
Checkoutchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 80
Gallery: Checkoutchick
Stats: 199/151/143
WOE: Atkins (NANY)
Start Date: 17/06/13
Day 2 of FF today.
BS 3.9 mmol/L
Ketones 1.7 mmol/L
Weight + 1lb

Today's menu:
Keto Coffee
20ml dbl cream (for regular coffees)
1 oz Macadamias
Sautéed Mushrooms (FF book)
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fatbomb
2x Swiss Bouillon
Plus one more feed yet to be decided...
Checkoutchick is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2013, 07:18 AM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!
 
SuzanneM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Santa Monica CA
Posts: 6,913
Gallery: SuzanneM
Stats: 155/127/125
WOE: LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaLatham View Post
What is the modified fat fast that you are referring to?
Perhaps modified is the wrong term,

I'v been using this link: (hope it's ok to post)

How to Jump Start the Atkins Diet: 5 Steps (with Pictures)

It suggests another week, of a jump in cals to 1200, 4 x300.

I'm doing really good and want to carry on.

I got the your cookbook yesterday
SuzanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member
 
Jennafun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: MA
Posts: 62
Gallery: Jennafun
Stats: SW:136/CW:132/GW:120
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneM View Post
Hi Jennafun,

Good going on day 2! Food looks good.

I took a sneak peak at the scale and down 4 beginning of day 3

I broke down and bought some cream cheese, that I don't usually care for, but some of the FF recipes with it look good.

Spin class, was a struggle physically, I lowered my resistance and basically just pedaled through the hour, but worked up a good sweat, and hope I'm using mega fat cells for energy
4 lbs!! That's awesome. I really think the protein coupled with calorie restriction works when low carb stalls. I admire that you have energy for an exercise class. My energy has been pretty low but sleep has been good.
Jennafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member
 
Jennafun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: MA
Posts: 62
Gallery: Jennafun
Stats: SW:136/CW:132/GW:120
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: April 2013
FF Day #3

Down 1.5 lbs today (total loss ~ 2.5)

Coffee with HH & MCT oil
Keto Pumpkin soup
Yolks (3) with parm cheese
Pork sausage (2 links) with sour cream
Almond butter with redi whip

Already at 1000 but wasn't hungry last night so hope it continues today.
Jennafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:00 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member
 
Checkoutchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 80
Gallery: Checkoutchick
Stats: 199/151/143
WOE: Atkins (NANY)
Start Date: 17/06/13
I'm at the end of Day 2
My scales showed + 1lb this morning
My Blood Ketones were up from 0.4 mmol/L to 1.7 mmol/L
I'm not at all hungry but felt weak from this morning which improved throughout the day.
Day 3 tomorrow
Checkoutchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:58 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member
 
Checkoutchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 80
Gallery: Checkoutchick
Stats: 199/151/143
WOE: Atkins (NANY)
Start Date: 17/06/13
So I'm starting Day 3 today.
This mornings stats:
BS 4.4 mmol/L
Blood Ketones 2.2 mmol/L
Weightloss 0

Weight 1 day before FF 12.0 st,
Weight on day 2 FF 12.1 st,
Weight on day 3 FF 12.0 st.

Calories day 1: 1280 / 90% fat
Calories day 2: 1074 / 90% fat
Calories day 3: 1049 / 89% fat

Checkoutchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:08 AM   #67
Blabbermouth!!!
 
SuzanneM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Santa Monica CA
Posts: 6,913
Gallery: SuzanneM
Stats: 155/127/125
WOE: LC
Checkoutchick, that's a bit disheartening with the no lbs loss, you've been getting your water in right? I've been downing 3 liters a day, it's really flushing everything out.

Hoping you get a big whoosh after day 3

So I finished up day 5 and down 5, so I call it a success.
I'm going to up my cals to 1200-1400 for another week, for some reason I was still hungry throughout the 5 days. I think the lower cals were key for me. I'll add some vegs and up the protein, but still keep my fat way up there.

Jennafun how you doing?
SuzanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member
 
Jennafun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: MA
Posts: 62
Gallery: Jennafun
Stats: SW:136/CW:132/GW:120
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneM View Post
Checkoutchick, that's a bit disheartening with the no lbs loss, you've been getting your water in right? I've been downing 3 liters a day, it's really flushing everything out.

Hoping you get a big whoosh after day 3

So I finished up day 5 and down 5, so I call it a success.
I'm going to up my cals to 1200-1400 for another week, for some reason I was still hungry throughout the 5 days. I think the lower cals were key for me. I'll add some vegs and up the protein, but still keep my fat way up there.

Jennafun how you doing?
Wow Suzanne! Big results in the loss department. I am going to continue for 2 more days. I failed yesterday - ate too much (1800 cals) and too much carb (60 gm) so wt is up 1.5lb today. Back on track today and then I think I will do exactly what you are doing so keep us posted!

Last edited by Jennafun; 10-07-2013 at 10:49 AM..
Jennafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member
 
Jennafun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: MA
Posts: 62
Gallery: Jennafun
Stats: SW:136/CW:132/GW:120
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: April 2013
FF Day #4

UP 1.5 lbs today (total loss ~ 1lb)

Coffee with HWC
Yolks (2) with parm cheese & Pork sausage (2)
TBD...
Jennafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #70
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4
Gallery: sandykim
Glad I found this thread!

Just started the FF today. I don't plan on weighing myself until I've completed FF Day 3, mainly because I don't want to check the scale until I feel like I will see a number I am happier with

I'm in school all day so I am limited on meal prep, but so far I have had:

2 cups coffee w/CO & half & half
Macadamia nuts (I packed a ziplock bag that has approx. 1000 cal worth of nuts and am eating a few every time I feel hungry)

I am about halfway through the nuts and definitely feeling hungry. I also ran four miles this morning.

Other than jump starting the weight loss, I am really hoping to get over my insane sugar addiction and constantly having food on the brain...
sandykim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:02 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member
 
Jennafun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: MA
Posts: 62
Gallery: Jennafun
Stats: SW:136/CW:132/GW:120
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: April 2013
Welcome SandyKim!
Jennafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member
 
Checkoutchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 80
Gallery: Checkoutchick
Stats: 199/151/143
WOE: Atkins (NANY)
Start Date: 17/06/13
Day 3 completed
No hunger at all, stuck to mainly FF cookbook recipes. Great macros: Day 1 90% fat, Day 2 90% fat, Day 3 89% fat

Yep, had plenty of water and herbal teas. And had a major 'flush out ' today
I really wonder what the scales will say tomorrow morning

In the end I think the FF is nowhere near as bad as I anticipated.
Checkoutchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #73
Blabbermouth!!!
 
SuzanneM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Santa Monica CA
Posts: 6,913
Gallery: SuzanneM
Stats: 155/127/125
WOE: LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandykim View Post
Glad I found this thread!

Just started the FF today. I don't plan on weighing myself until I've completed FF Day 3, mainly because I don't want to check the scale until I feel like I will see a number I am happier with

I'm in school all day so I am limited on meal prep, but so far I have had:

2 cups coffee w/CO & half & half
Macadamia nuts (I packed a ziplock bag that has approx. 1000 cal worth of nuts and am eating a few every time I feel hungry)

I am about halfway through the nuts and definitely feeling hungry. I also ran four miles this morning.

Other than jump starting the weight loss, I am really hoping to get over my insane sugar addiction and constantly having food on the brain...
Welcome Sandykim

I was definitely hungry eating 1,000 cals a day and day 2 and onto 3, I felt like walking death I just wanted to lie in bed, let alone exercise. But by day 4, I'd turned a corner and felt great.

Day 6 here, with upped calories to 1400, but still 90% fat, the best thing I can report, is I have no cravings for sugar/junk and my mood is soooooo even, like I'm not mad sitting in traffic, not wishing people would get out of my way in the grocery store - I'm just mellow yellow

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Checkoutchick - good job on flying through the 3 days, and wishing you a whoosie tomorrow.
SuzanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:41 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member
 
Checkoutchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 80
Gallery: Checkoutchick
Stats: 199/151/143
WOE: Atkins (NANY)
Start Date: 17/06/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneM View Post
Welcome Sandykim

I was definitely hungry eating 1,000 cals a day and day 2 and onto 3, I felt like walking death I just wanted to lie in bed, let alone exercise. But by day 4, I'd turned a corner and felt great.

Day 6 here, with upped calories to 1400, but still 90% fat, the best thing I can report, is I have no cravings for sugar/junk and my mood is soooooo even, like I'm not mad sitting in traffic, not wishing people would get out of my way in the grocery store - I'm just mellow yellow

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Checkoutchick - good job on flying through the 3 days, and wishing you a whoosie tomorrow.

Yes the Whoosh Fairy arrived 3lb down this morning

This certainly has a mood enhancing effect, I don't get half as stressed as I usually do, especially at work dealing with people impossible to please

I'll be having a two to three FF feeds today and a meal tonight, keeping cals down to around 1100 for today. Then slowly moving upwards.
Checkoutchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:00 AM   #75
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 7
Gallery: chrisgil10
Stats: 264.4/264.4/165
WOE: HF/LC
Hi everyone!!
I have started the fat fast yesterday I have a very hard time entering ketosis and even when there not much weight loss. I have been eating low carb High fat for the last month but not watching calories. Then I binged this weekend.
I have Dana's cookbook which is a great way for me to start. I have tried so any of the recipes and they all rock so far!!

yesterday my stats were :

coffee with hwc
1 egg w/ 2 slices bacon
boullion with 1.5 oz cream cheese
Pepperoni chips with whipped cream cheese
grilled pork with butter

1048 cal
81%f, 17%p, 2%c


Glad to Join in!

Last edited by chrisgil10; 10-08-2013 at 07:01 AM.. Reason: spell check
chrisgil10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:31 AM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!
 
SuzanneM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Santa Monica CA
Posts: 6,913
Gallery: SuzanneM
Stats: 155/127/125
WOE: LC
chrisgil10

Checkoutchick whoohoo on the loss

I made some choc cheesecake muffins, that I found the recipe for, they made 8 very little ones at 100 cals each. I ate 6 I have no portion control, which is how I got fat in the first place My cals were up to about 1700 and I felt stuffed. I can't do those little sweet treats- it just sets me off into binge mode.

Hope all your FFasters are doing good!
SuzanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #77
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4
Gallery: sandykim
Thanks for all the welcome messages and congrats to checkoutchick on the weight loss! That is awesome.

Day 2:

B: woke up feeling pretty light-headed and the only food that sounded appealing was ice cream, so I made some form of "ice cream" with HH, one egg yolk, splenda, and vanilla (about 230 calories)

L: stuck at school so I grabbed one cheese stick and coffee w/HH & CO

D: I need to get my fat content up, so I am thinking I will do deviled egg yolks with a little bit of egg whites

I feel a lot better than I did this morning, and mainly am just happy to have made it through day 1 without binging (SuzanneM I am definitely with you on the portion control problem!)
sandykim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #78
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 19
Gallery: jephersun
Stats: 224/173/150 - Start June 10, 2013
WOE: NK
Start Date: June 2013
(I just registered to join this discussion)

I've been on NK since the beginning of June and have lost about 49 lbs. I officially stalled and have lost nothing the past three weeks (I did have one cheat day on my birthday). I'm thinking about doing the FF starting on Monday to shake up my weightloss plan. I was wondering what is the recommended maximum number of days to be on a FF? I wanted to do it from Monday to Monday, but I hear everyone doing it for 5.
jephersun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #79
Blabbermouth!!!
 
SuzanneM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Santa Monica CA
Posts: 6,913
Gallery: SuzanneM
Stats: 155/127/125
WOE: LC
Hi jephersen I did it for 5 days as recommended - not sure on strictly following it for longer
The first 5 days I dropped 5 lbs and really detoxed of all carbs, and now on day 7, I have the very strong appetite suppressant going on. I've upped my cals to 1200-1400 plus, adding more protein and some veg to have things more balance, but still with a high % of fat.
I feel really great with high energy levels. I'll weigh again on sat to see where I'm eat, but not really expecting more than the 5 I lost last week.
SuzanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #80
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 7
Gallery: chrisgil10
Stats: 264.4/264.4/165
WOE: HF/LC
I was reading a lot on these forums and lots of people are using those ketone monitors and they are more than I want to spend. I use the keto strips that you dip in urine. This should be good right?
chrisgil10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member
 
Checkoutchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 80
Gallery: Checkoutchick
Stats: 199/151/143
WOE: Atkins (NANY)
Start Date: 17/06/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneM View Post
chrisgil10

Checkoutchick whoohoo on the loss

I made some choc cheesecake muffins, that I found the recipe for, they made 8 very little ones at 100 cals each. I ate 6 I have no portion control, which is how I got fat in the first place My cals were up to about 1700 and I felt stuffed. I can't do those little sweet treats- it just sets me off into binge mode.

Hope all your FFasters are doing good!
How do you make those yummy choc cheesecake muffins??
Checkoutchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member
 
Checkoutchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 80
Gallery: Checkoutchick
Stats: 199/151/143
WOE: Atkins (NANY)
Start Date: 17/06/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgil10 View Post
I was reading a lot on these forums and lots of people are using those ketone monitors and they are more than I want to spend. I use the keto strips that you dip in urine. This should be good right?
I'm in the UK and got the meter for £14-99. But the Ketone strips are horrendously expensive over here
If you're in the US I think the best place to order is the Canadian Pharmacy, but it's only what I read
Checkoutchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #83
Blabbermouth!!!
 
SuzanneM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Santa Monica CA
Posts: 6,913
Gallery: SuzanneM
Stats: 155/127/125
WOE: LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkoutchick View Post
How do you make those yummy choc cheesecake muffins??

They were too good, but here you go:

8oz cream cheese.
1 egg.
2 tbs cocoa powder.
1 tsp vanilla
5 packets splenda or sweetener of choice to taste.

Put into cake papers, divide into 8 equal portions.
Cook for 15 mins on 350.

115 cals each.

enjoy.
SuzanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #84
Junior LCF Member
 
orbecky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 9
Gallery: orbecky
Stats: 215/202.0/150
WOE: Fat Fast / NK
Start Date: September 2013
These sound delicious- can't go wrong with chocolate! I will definitely try them. I just made Cream Cheese Clouds tonight and they are yummy! No baking involved with them, but I'm up for a bit more kitchen intensity if I need to be!
Here's the link for the Cream Cheese Clouds if anyone wants it:
http://http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/...se_clouds.html
orbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member
 
RebeccaLatham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 992
Gallery: RebeccaLatham
Stats: 43.6%/32.7%/30% Body Fat
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: March 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jephersun View Post
(I just registered to join this discussion)

I've been on NK since the beginning of June and have lost about 49 lbs. I officially stalled and have lost nothing the past three weeks (I did have one cheat day on my birthday). I'm thinking about doing the FF starting on Monday to shake up my weightloss plan. I was wondering what is the recommended maximum number of days to be on a FF? I wanted to do it from Monday to Monday, but I hear everyone doing it for 5.
A maximum of five days is recommended.
RebeccaLatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member
 
RebeccaLatham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 992
Gallery: RebeccaLatham
Stats: 43.6%/32.7%/30% Body Fat
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: March 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgil10 View Post
I was reading a lot on these forums and lots of people are using those ketone monitors and they are more than I want to spend. I use the keto strips that you dip in urine. This should be good right?
The urine test strips are not reliable. I know they are cheaper, but you get what you pay for, unfortunately. Plus, they only measure the ketones that are spilled into the urine, and not what you actually have in your blood, which is what matters.

Plus, even if you register positive on the strips, after you become keto adapted, you will stop registering ketones in your urine at all, and you will get a false negative, and you will not know whether or not you are in ketosis.
RebeccaLatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:54 AM   #87
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 7
Gallery: chrisgil10
Stats: 264.4/264.4/165
WOE: HF/LC
Today is a good day. Yesterday was day two and my stats are

Coffee w/ HWC
Boulion w/ creamcheese
2 parmesan crisps w/ 1.3 oz Tuna in EVOO mixed w/ 1 tbs Mayo
2 parmesan crisps w/ 1 tbs Whipped Cream Cheese and 1 tbs Pate
4 ish oz grilled ribeye steak w/ 1/2 serving of creamed spinach

Cal 1091
80%F/17%P/3%F

Already Sleeping better and feel pretty clear headed this morn!!
chrisgil10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #88
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4
Gallery: sandykim
Today is day 3! I pretty much feel hungry ALL THE TIME, but I feel much better today than I did on day 2. But, I had enough energy to do a 35 min workout this morning, so that was a big plus.

This has been a lot more doable than I thought, so I am thinking I will try to do the full 5 day FF before transitioning to the modified FF and then back into induction. Am really looking forward to seeing how everyone does with transitioning away from the FF, because I think it would be pretty demoralizing to regain the weight lost during the FF

Today's food:
B: Coffee w/HH & CO, two deviled egg yolks and half of an egg white
L: Coffee w/HH & CO and a cheesestick
D: probably will make an alfredo sauce with butter, HH, and parmesan



T
sandykim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #89
Blabbermouth!!!
 
SuzanneM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Santa Monica CA
Posts: 6,913
Gallery: SuzanneM
Stats: 155/127/125
WOE: LC
Sandykim, it was strange that I wasn't hungry until I started eating for the day and once I had a feed, I was hungry, hungry for more

I did the full 5 days strictly by the FF book, I'm on day 8 now and mainly I've added more cals with more protein, I had a bunch of chuck roast last night and was really full, I must be fully keto adapted now, I think.

My mood is unbelievably good I'm not weighing again until another week, because it will be demoralising to see a gain, I'm good where I am and more pounds lost will just be icing on the cream cheese!
SuzanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member
 
Jennafun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: MA
Posts: 62
Gallery: Jennafun
Stats: SW:136/CW:132/GW:120
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandykim View Post
Thanks for all the welcome messages and congrats to checkoutchick on the weight loss! That is awesome.

Day 2:

B: woke up feeling pretty light-headed and the only food that sounded appealing was ice cream, so I made some form of "ice cream" with HH, one egg yolk, splenda, and vanilla (about 230 calories)

L: stuck at school so I grabbed one cheese stick and coffee w/HH & CO

D: I need to get my fat content up, so I am thinking I will do deviled egg yolks with a little bit of egg whites

I feel a lot better than I did this morning, and mainly am just happy to have made it through day 1 without binging (SuzanneM I am definitely with you on the portion control problem!)

Me too on the portion control
Jennafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:45 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.