Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/nutritional-ketosis-high-fat-low-carb/)
-   -   The Fat Diet (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/nutritional-ketosis-high-fat-low-carb/811315-fat-diet.html)

clackley 09-02-2013 08:35 AM

The Fat Diet

This link was on J.M. f.b. today and I just loved it and thought my fellow N.K. folk would enjoy it as well. It is just over 6 mins. and well worth the time.

The Fat Diet on Vimeo

cfine 09-02-2013 09:18 AM

Dietitians.....smh!

clackley 09-02-2013 09:36 AM

I think she looked pretty foolish. Loved his parents!

Punkin 09-02-2013 11:26 AM

That's funny, I am following a high fat diet and I get about double the amount of daily fibre recommended intake. Unless you are eating only meat and fat, I can't see how it is possible not to get enough fibre, women only aparently need 25g/day.

Joe 09-02-2013 12:33 PM

Wow, I am very jealous of this guy! I wish I'd learned about bone marrow, egg yolks, and lard while I was growing up.

Ylodazy 09-02-2013 01:01 PM

Enjoyed the video

Thank you. And, btw, the parents are right about what "the world" did to Poland.

RebeccaLatham 09-06-2013 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punkin (Post 16586143)
That's funny, I am following a high fat diet and I get about double the amount of daily fibre recommended intake. Unless you are eating only meat and fat, I can't see how it is possible not to get enough fibre, women only aparently need 25g/day.

Women who are eating only protein and fat do not need any fiber at all. :) You only need fiber if you are eating fiber. Those fiber recommendations come from the same people who want us to eat mainly grains.

clackley 09-06-2013 05:40 AM

I agree with Rebecca. The whole idea that we need fiber came from industry and not good science.

MerryKate 09-09-2013 11:46 PM

If you look at the plates of food at the end, they're eating cabbage and some kind of root vegetable mash (could have been turnips or potatoes...hard to say) along with their fatty meat. They're getting fiber, vitamins and minerals from the veggies. Kwasniewski doesn't advocate cutting out all veggies - if I remember right one could eat potatoes on his plan. But the toothy dietitian will probably never accept that his plan could be healthy.

clackley 09-10-2013 04:48 AM

Yes, I noticed that their sample dinner looked like it had more veggies than I am able to eat.

The problem, as I see it, with many dietitians is that they learn their material as set out and not to question or analyze that same material. They basically pump out what was pumped in. I have a close family member who suffers from the same 'affliction' and she frequently states nutrition 'facts' that are wrong. I have learned to hit the ignore button. I am sure she is trying to get a rise out of me and I know there is no use going there with her. She knows what she knows and that is that. She is quite similiar to the woman in the video in her speak.

RebeccaLatham 09-10-2013 09:18 AM

I just watched the video. I thought it was good. The only thing I want to comment on is the idea that Dr. K advocated potatoes.

According to Dr. K's formula, my 5'3" body is allowed only 30 total grams of carbs per day. That is equal to 5 oz. of cooked potatoes, and that is if I only eat potatoes that day and no other carbs of any kind. If I eat other vegetables during the day, it would leave precious little room for more than one small bite of cooked potatoes.

Selahgal 09-12-2013 07:42 AM

Good video and I agree with the parents.

Good thread and I agree with the postings!

Just wanted to chime in. :D