Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2013, 05:47 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaLatham
Stats: 43.6%/32.7%/30% Body Fat
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: March 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaLatham View Post
I would rather eat no strawberries and 2 or 3 strawberries.
That was supposed to say "I would rather eat no strawberries than only 2 or 3 strawberries.
RebeccaLatham is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2013, 05:52 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Selahgal
WOE: Healthy LCHF
Start Date: To Be Determined
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnetteW View Post
I go to a salad bar fairly regularly that has nice fruit on it and haven't had any of the fruit in ages. The other day the strawberries looked wonderful, and I had three. They were delicious.

Controlled environment.

The grapes are delicious right now and I've picked off maybe 4 or 5, during two separate weeks. Absolutely divine.

Fruit tastes so much better now that I have it so rarely. So I will stick to not eating it, but allow the occasional taste like I have and then I appreciate it so much more.
I think low sugar fruit would be ok like berries or a green apple. Guess I'll know for sure soon enough!
Selahgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:14 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaLatham
Stats: 43.6%/32.7%/30% Body Fat
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: March 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selahgal View Post
I think low sugar fruit would be ok like berries or a green apple. Guess I'll know for sure soon enough!
Do you check your blood sugar after eating fruit to see how you do?
RebeccaLatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:23 AM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: emel
Stats: 179.4/158.8/130ish
WOE: Atkins OWL/NK hybrid
A couple of strawberries or a few raspberries is a nice addition to a salad, and it makes a nice garnish for a LC cheesecake or other dessert. Also, at a wedding reception or something similar, it's fun to take little bites of everything legal,so that's often shrimp, veggie strips, and strawberries.

I enjoy them.
Same way I eat nuts--- I rarely eat a handful of them alone except if I'm travelling, but I often sprinkle a few onto a main dish salad.
emel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:57 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/205/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Quote:
I've heard apples called "sugar bombs" and I personally avoid them. I do eat small amounts of berries on occasion. I also had 1/4 of a tree-ripened peach off our own tree last week, and incorporated that into my daily carb count.
Mistizoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MerryKate
WOE: Nutritional ketosis
Start Date: LC: 04/11 • NK 10/12
I generally avoid fruit, but it's been harder this summer. The blackberries are beautiful this year, and I've been helping my sister pick berries to make jam to sell. Fresh-picked, still warm blackberries are wonderful! But on the good side, once we get them back to the kitchen, and put them in the fridge, I lose any desire to eat them.
MerryKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
I am dabbling a bit in a bit of seasonal fruit this summer. I was given some organic pristine heirloom apples and enjoyed a few of those while traveling. Likewise, some blackberries. Some raspberries and blueberries and peaches added to my small every other day servings of yogurt, and a few vine ripened tomatoes (small one with bacon for breakfast this a.m.) My portions are small and I am not stalled. I'd like to be able to maintain at these levels of fruits, but I will eliminate for a while if my losses plateau.
Nuts no way. If they are in the house I will eat them all. I sometimes eat nuts from a salad bar, though, as that comes with some portion control.
Patience is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:39 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jennafun
Stats: SW:136/CW:132/GW:120
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: April 2013
I have just come the the conclusion that I can no longer eat fruit (berries). They cause me to go on a binge leading to yogurt, nuts, chocolate etc. I hope that the commitment to avoid fruit produces a loss as I have been stalled in the 129-127lbs range for months now.
Jennafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:57 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovetoknit
Quote:
My husband can eat a small amount of berries, but I cannot eat any fruit accept for olives and avocado. It makes me hungry. I don't eat very much of olives or avocados either. They have too many carbs.
Carolyn
lovetoknit is offline   Reply With Quote