Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lazy girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaLatham View Post
I would also like to know where you are getting the cheaper ones. Is Bayshore the name of the company? And are they the strips for the Precision Xtra?
Bayshore does not ship to the U.S., but Universal of Canada does and is the one that Jimmy Moore uses. If you order $100 worth, then the shipping is free (or that's what the site said yesterday). 100 strips is about $87 from there. I'm just trying to decide what I need to make the purchase to $100.

On a personal note, by lowering daily protein as well as the carbs, my blood sugar has been excellent, even going too low in the early morning. I will be decreasing medication by a tiny bit at a time. I've been diabetic for a long time and that's one reason that I have to do things so carefully and gradually. I have hope that if my body isn't kicking ketones, it will be soon. And that means "audios" to the cancer cells at the same time.

Last edited by lazy girl; 09-11-2013 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: poor sentence structure
lazy girl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2013, 05:51 AM   #62
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: laniereed
Stats: 129/127/118
WOE: ketogenic
Start Date: 12/2012
Try using more MCT oil. That kicks me into ketosis.
laniereed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laniereed View Post
Try using more MCT oil. That kicks me into ketosis.
And it's so good for you. I'll order some today. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:14 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sheened
Stats: Original SW:190 SW:162.8 CW:145 GW:119
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 10th Nov 2013
Hi lazy girl, I don't have anything new to add to advice you been given, you could just try going uber keto with 90% fat.

i just want to wish you well x you are dealing with your illness with great fortitude and forbearance which is utterly admirable. I hope everything goes well, I'll subscribe to this thread, i'm sure we are all cheering you on x
sheened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:09 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheened View Post
Hi lazy girl, I don't have anything new to add to advice you been given, you could just try going uber keto with 90% fat.

i just want to wish you well x you are dealing with your illness with great fortitude and forbearance which is utterly admirable. I hope everything goes well, I'll subscribe to this thread, i'm sure we are all cheering you on x
Thank you very much. I'll be glad to get the radiation in the past, but am not too fearful. It's had to be put off a few week due to infection in the wound, but that over and everything has just about healed. You mentioned uber keto with 90% fat. I decided to start the day with chicken broth, butter, coconut oil and sea salt. That is consumed at about 6:00 a.m., work starts at 7:00. The first hour is quite a lesson in patience. About 8:15, I collapse into my chair and want to eat. I wasn't hungry, just wanted to eat. The excess cheese has got to go. I'm eating more than ever. Wonder if it has to do with the anastrozole or estrogen inhibitor. How in the world can a nibbler stay on program. At some point, I've got to depend on a little self control, not just the diet. I think I'm rambling, but saw your post just when I was mulling over this new over-eating problem. It seems like over the past 2 weeks, I've lost all the progress that has been made over the last few months.

In any case, there is no reason that ketosis is the way to go for diabetes and cancer, at least in my case.