Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2013, 09:55 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovetoknit
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaLatham View Post
Ah, a kindred spirit!

By the way, my spreadsheet can beat up your spreadsheet!
I am sure it would. Mine was a very simple one.
Carolyn

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2013, 01:59 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MerryKate
Stats: 252/196.5/150
WOE: Nutritional ketosis
Start Date: April 2011
It's been a good day... I managed to get through my initial induction to ketosis, and handled a shopping trip and eating out without giving in to temptation. I was reminded again how little of the grocery store I visit when I'm on NK - seems like only about 10% of the food there is on plan. Keeps the food bill down, I guess, but I also do a lot more cooking than I would otherwise. I feel so much better now that I'm back on nk - I always feel at the mercy of carbs when I eat the SAD.

My food today:

B: cheese omelette, sausage and bulletproof coffee
S: 2 oz. cheddar, coffee with hwc
L: salad with mozzarella, tomatoes, chicken breast and blue cheese dressing
D: hamburger patties with cheese, sauteed peppers and mushrooms, plus 16 g. 72% dark chocolate

75% fat, 19.9% protein, 4.4% carb - right on target.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:30 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnetteW
Stats: 182/176/135 (5'5", 51 yrs)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Restart: Nov 4, 2014 @ high weight
Dancing was good, my foot cooperated for the most part. Scary to think I'm probably going to be having surgery, MRI first though.

I had NO VEGGIES yesterday and I survived. I might do that occasionally, not daily, but I am going to try going 2 meals without veggies, and leave them just for dinner. We'll see if that works. I'll probably get bored in a day and start whining some more.

Weight did drop, I'm nicely back in ketosis (2.1 this morning) so it's time for me to roll with it, keep the calories in a weight loss range and JUST DO IT!

I don't want it to take forever. I don't have that terribly much to lose at this point, just get another 15 off and then cruise a bit with no stress.

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See, now I'm stressing. Silly silly me.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lindawell8
Stats: 198/198/160
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: Jan. 2012
Went to Dr. yesterday, found out I dont have vertigo. I either have a staff infection or yeast infection in my head. But I have the curable kind. Thank you God. It has been a miserable year with this. Also no plugged arteries, and cholesterol is good. So on with the fat. It is a very good day at my house.

Also sugar this morning is 95. And lost 1.6. So now I will go have a BPC. Love it. Linda
Old 08-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #65
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Awesome news Linda!!
Old 08-08-2013, 09:38 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

P.S. Forgot to say. Today is our 32 wedding anniversary. We got married on the 8/8/ 1981 the number 8 means new beginnings. So today I am getting another new beginning to do this WOE right.

Linda
Old 08-08-2013, 10:34 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: April04
Stats: 216/190/150
WOE: NK 80/15/5
Start Date: April 4, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindawell8 View Post
P.S. Forgot to say. Today is our 32 wedding anniversary. We got married on the 8/8/ 1981 the number 8 means new beginnings. So today I am getting another new beginning to do this WOE right.

Linda
Happy Anniversary, Linda! My daughter's birthday is 8/8, too

I'm so happy for your wonderful news medically and the weight loss is a huge bonus too! Enjoy!

Hey Annette, way to go on the loss
Old 08-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaLatham
Stats: 43.6%/32.7%/30% Body Fat
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: March 2009
Happy anniversary, Linda! Many happy returns!
Old 08-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: iamkathy01
Stats: 147/125.5/???
WOE: Was Low Carb/Now NK
Start Date: In the 90's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnetteW View Post
Oh, yea...I remember what I wanted to chat about.

Okay, so you know how you'll have a day and you feel all skinny and your pants are hanging on you (that's why you feel skinny.) Then you walk by a window in a store or something, see your reflection and realize you aren't quite as skinny as you thought, and then you are all bummed out.

Ugh, happened to me.

Then I went into Macy's and bought myself 4 new tops and they look cute on me. And I'll wear one tonight out dancing.

I need to remember to treat myself more often as it does make me feel good.

And the tops looked so much better on me now than a couple months ago.

It's time for me to go through the closet and pack away the stuff that is too big. Even though my numbers don't seem to be dropping, the clothes are hanging. I'm ready for the size 10 slacks, the 12's today look much too droopy on my bum.
Annette I love your humor!
I am glad you bought those tops and they look GOOD! You have inspired me, I need to do the same thing!
Kathy PS is our other Cathy in Italy and did not say goodbye?
Old 08-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

How many of you all drink the bullet proof coffee and how do you make it? If you have it for breakfast is that all you have???? Thanks EveryBuddy! Kathy
Old 08-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Cathy, Ann, Rebecca
Kathy I started drinking BPC and love it. I put 1tbs co, 1tbs amish butter,1tbs, 1tbs hwc.Tjencoffee and capful of davinces sugar free almond chocolate. It really is good. And keeps me full till at least lunch.

Linda
Old 08-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thank you Cathy, Ann, Rebecca
Kathy I started drinking BPC and love it. I put 1tbs co, 1tbs amish butter,1tbs, 1tbs hwc.Tjencoffee and capful of davinces sugar free almond chocolate. It really is good. And keeps me full till at least lunch.

Linda
Thanks Linda,

1 T Coconut Oil
1 T Butter
1 T HWC
Capful of Davinces sugar free almond chocolate
Coffee

Right? Okay, I need to work up the nerve to try this! Do you use a blender?
Thanks! Kathy
Old 08-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Yes I do use a blender. I have never been a coffee lover. But I love this. Cant wait to introduce my daughter-in-law to it this week-end. It is really, really good.
Linda
Old 08-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yes I do use a blender. I have never been a coffee lover. But I love this. Cant wait to introduce my daughter-in-law to it this week-end. It is really, really good.
Linda

Okie doke will let ya know my verdict! Thanks! Kathy
Old 08-08-2013, 06:00 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Linda
Wishing you all the best on such a special day. If you need any help sticking to this WOE, just post away, we're all here to support one another.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkathy01 View Post
Annette I love your humor!
I am glad you bought those tops and they look GOOD! You have inspired me, I need to do the same thing!
Kathy PS is our other Cathy in Italy and did not say goodbye?
Thanks, Kathy, they do look good. I felt great wearing a new top last night and wore the same one again today. Will wear a different one to work tomorrow.

Three of them were the INC brand at Macy's, and I've had luck before with their tops. I also like a bit of bling, and they do bling.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Linda,

1 T Coconut Oil
1 T Butter
1 T HWC
Capful of Davinces sugar free almond chocolate
Coffee

Right? Okay, I need to work up the nerve to try this! Do you use a blender?
Thanks! Kathy
Your combo sounds yummy. I don't have any of the Syrups so I should buy one.

I use a 4 cup coffee maker, and I drink decaff.

I use a stick immersion blender and generally add the same quantities as above, though the other day I skipped the HWC, and used 1 T of butter, and 1 T of MCT oil, and it was good too.

I don't generally do it for breakfast, maybe I will tomorrow though, for a change. I like it as an afternoon snack, and will use regular coffee (should do 50/50) and it gives me a bit of the caffeine pick me up. I worked so hard to get the caffeine out that I hate to add it back in.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Gonna whimper and wine (pun intended) a bit.

I had my thyroid biopsy today and it was a bit more difficult/uncomfortable than I had imagined. I started to faint afterwards. I have 2 nodules that needed biopsying.

I'm okay now, but I emotionally feel drained as reality kind of sank in. Then at home I had a call from scheduling to schedule the MRI for my foot (might truly have a rare condition where the bone is dying.) (And just had a rootcanal last week and a crown next week (and just now realized they are scheduled for the same time.)

Luckily I work at the dentist office and will look into a better time for the crown.

Just a lot going on right now and I'm feeling the stress.

So I binged this afternoon. Okay, if you can call some (not the entire can) of macadamia nuts and 2 small squares of 85% chocolate a binge. It actually helped.

Now I'm treating myself to some wine, just 2 glasses, not the entire bottle like I would have before.

I'm okay with my choices of stress relief for today, it won't put me over the edge, it's not going to start cravings, and I'm feeling very teary-eyed (plus a friend just had her thyroid removed.)
Old 08-08-2013, 06:54 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Hello, it is chocolate macadamia syrup not almond chocolate. Dont even know where I came up with that one. Annette I think you would like it also. Sorry you are going thru so much medical stuff Annette. Hope it all gets better soon.

Linda
Old 08-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Chocolate Sugarfree syrup, Yum! I have vanilla, but will have to try another, soon!

Annette,
I'm sorry you've got so much going on right now. When it rains, it pours, right? The good thing about everything happening at the same time, is it gets the bad stuff out of the way, and clears up a few months for all good stuff!

I'll be thinking of you, and am proud of you for cheating with all good things, it could have been a lot worse!
Old 08-08-2013, 07:34 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by April04 View Post
Chocolate Sugarfree syrup, Yum! I have vanilla, but will have to try another, soon!

Annette,
I'm sorry you've got so much going on right now. When it rains, it pours, right? The good thing about everything happening at the same time, is it gets the bad stuff out of the way, and clears up a few months for all good stuff!

I'll be thinking of you, and am proud of you for cheating with all good things, it could have been a lot worse!

Ann, you just took the words out of my mouth. Annette I too am sorry you have so much on your plate! Hang in there and feel free to whine and wine all you want! Kathy
Old 08-09-2013, 05:16 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Wasn't sure what to expect this morning after the wine I had last night (almost 3 glasses) plus dinner was a large salad (then the nuts/choc in the afternoon). Ketones were 1.6 though, and my weight up just a couple ounces.

It was just one of those days. Luckily today is just a short work day and I'm looking forward to the weekend. We'll probably go dancing tonight as my cortisone shot is finally working well (took 3 weeks) and this weekend we need to work some more on scraping/painting the house as we are trying to do it ourselves and it's alot of work. I enjoy painting actually.

And knit and and watch bad movies...that's my plan.

What does everyone else have planned for the weekend?
Old 08-09-2013, 05:31 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

I get to go take care of my younger sister who has Alzheimer's. I leave Saturday morning and get back Tuesday at noon. It is a 2.5 hour drive each way.

I am glad to be able to help my sister, but it is very stressful. One of the hard things about being there is watching the rest of the family encourage my sister to eat carbs instead of fat, which is what her brain needs to function the best it can. She gets up in a bad way in the morning, and they give her cold cereal with skim milk. Maybe a piece of fruit. No fat at all. It's very frustrating, and they will not listen to me.

Another hard thing is that it is so stressful there that I always get a "How can I worry about my weight/health when my sister is dying?" kind of attitude. So while I am there, I tend to get off track with my food. Then I get back home, several days and several added-pounds later, and remember that it DOES matter, and why couldn't I be stronger and have will power while I was there?

I do not do the cooking while I am there, and sometimes the things that are served for dinner are very carb-laden. In the midst of terminal illness, it is hard for me to say, "No, thanks. I don't eat pasta." The family looks at me like, "How can you be so selfish to think about your stupid weight when your sister is dying???"

Some have suggested that I take my own food, and I always bring a few things, like butter, Stevia, fat bombs, etc., but I end up eating the things I bring and then eating the things that I am offered, too, because of the aforementioned attitude above.

Now that I am eating no veggies, I am going to try really hard to eat just meat, eggs and fat while I am there.

It is really hard to gain several pounds in four days, come back home, spend ten days trying to take it back off, then having to go right back there for another four days and know that I will put the weight back on again, sometimes before I have even gotten rid of the weight I gained the last time I was there.

Visit my blog, My Low Carb Road to Better Health.

Visit my blog, Alzheimer's Disease - Prevention and Treatment.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Hi, Rebecca, sorry for the disrespect from your family. They should see from your sisters condition that you are trying to help your own body. I am going to my kids cabin this next week. They always know mom is doing some special diet and they always respect that. Infact they will always try my stuff I make. They love the pork rind waffle s. This time I am ggoing to let them try fat bombs and bpc. I cant believe your family would treat you that way. Especially when you go there to help. I will pray for you and them.
Linda
Old 08-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Rebecca, I'm sorry that your family isn't more supportive of you, your choices and your health. It must be very challenging.

If it's any consolation, I feel fortunate for for all of the work, experimentation, and logging you've done for women like me to learn from.

I hope your travels go more smoothly this time.

Linda: Enjoy the cabin! Hope you get on that canoe!

Annette: I love that your ketones are still on track!

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 08-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Okie doke will let ya know my verdict! Thanks! Kathy
Bullet Proof Coffee Verdict! Not bad! That was all I had for breakfast thinking of a shake for lunch.....
Old 08-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Gosh afternoon already! Rebecca I have read some of your old postings and hadn't you gotten into maintenance? I am very close to that and truly don't think it will be a good place for me. All I have to do is have an extra vegetable and the scale goes up 2 pounds- or more meat. I am sorry about your sister, are you solely responsible when you go to care for her?
Linda have fun with the kids! As I type this I have my 2 month old grandson swinging in a swing next to me- how I love him, he is the youngest of 7 grandbabies!
Annette! That was great news! I am trying to get my ketones back up after vacation (where I actually was respectfully good!) Wine does not seem to hurt much, but then I limit it to about 6 ounces!
And Ann ! Good Afternoon to you too! Kathy
Old 08-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Linda and April, I think you might have misunderstood what I meant if you think that my family is showing me disrespect. It is just that it is not about me when I am there. It is all about my sister and her care is all-consuming.

All of the "mis-eating" that I do when I am there is 100% my own fault. It's just that I get into the hopelessness of that household and nothing else seems to matter when I am there. And then, even on the drive back home, I start kicking myself and wondering why I let myself eat what I did.

The only thing I have "against" my sister's family is that they are not open to hearing about a nutritional approach to her illness. They are all 100% influenced by the doctors who treat my sister, and who are they going to believe - the doctors who went to medical school for years and years, or me, who read something on the internet?

When my sister stayed with me for a week about a month or so ago, I fed her a ketogenic diet. She came to my house looking like skin and bones, and while she was with me, she gained 9 pounds in one week! When she got back home, I heard her husband tell her that he was going to put her on a diet because she was getting fat.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Rebecca I have read some of your old postings and hadn't you gotten into maintenance? I am very close to that and truly don't think it will be a good place for me. All I have to do is have an extra vegetable and the scale goes up 2 pounds- or more meat.
At my lowest weight last summer, I was only a few ounces above my goal weight. I maintained that for a few months, and then the holidays came and vacation came, and I gained back around 12 pounds.

And yes, I gain weight from eating veggies, too.

Quote:
I am sorry about your sister, are you solely responsible when you go to care for her?
While I am there, I help however I can and stay with my sister so that my brother-in-law can leave the house to run errands. When he is at home alone with her, and a lot of the time, she can't leave the house, so he can't run errands, go shopping, etc., without having to drag her along with her being traumatized and crying out loud in public.

Mainly what we do at her house is watch TV and eat. She has a pool, and if she is feeling well enough, we'll go swimming.

One of her "things" recently is that she obsesses about going to the bathroom and says she has to go every 15 minutes all day long. It wears everyone down.

But on a more positive note, I am really going to try hard this trip not to eat the wrong things. If I limit myself to meat, eggs and cheese, I think I will do okay.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovetoknit
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnetteW View Post
Gonna whimper and wine (pun intended) a bit.

I had my thyroid biopsy today and it was a bit more difficult/uncomfortable than I had imagined. I started to faint afterwards. I have 2 nodules that needed biopsying.

I'm okay now, but I emotionally feel drained as reality kind of sank in. Then at home I had a call from scheduling to schedule the MRI for my foot (might truly have a rare condition where the bone is dying.) (And just had a rootcanal last week and a crown next week (and just now realized they are scheduled for the same time.)

Luckily I work at the dentist office and will look into a better time for the crown.

Just a lot going on right now and I'm feeling the stress.

So I binged this afternoon. Okay, if you can call some (not the entire can) of macadamia nuts and 2 small squares of 85% chocolate a binge. It actually helped.

Now I'm treating myself to some wine, just 2 glasses, not the entire bottle like I would have before.

I'm okay with my choices of stress relief for today, it won't put me over the edge, it's not going to start cravings, and I'm feeling very teary-eyed (plus a friend just had her thyroid removed.)
I am very sorry about all the stress in your life. At least you binged on stuff that was healthy. I will keep you in my prayers.
Carolyn
Closed Thread