Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2014, 08:40 AM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: holls
thanks, sbarr!

i'm guilty of not searching for that list . -hangs-head-in-shame-

my sweetie can't say enough good things about ************ (it's not on the list). i haven't taken the plunge yet but i can see that day will come at some point.

you gals/guys are awesome!

:-) h
holls is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2014, 08:56 AM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sbarr
Stats: 220/182/135 (26-Jul)
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis (18 carb/70 protein/116 fat)
Start Date: Jan 2005/Jan 2011/Oct 2012/Jan 2014 - bah!!
holls - great, if you have a tool that both you and sweetie use, that would be even better, you can be consistent with meals, etc.

I'm guessing we might possibly be using the same tool based on number of characters blanked out with a *. I have no intention of promoting a tool not within the approved list, I merely shared my criteria for tools and how it led me to the one I'm using.
sbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:03 AM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: holls
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarr View Post
holls - great, if you have a tool that both you and sweetie use, that would be even better, you can be consistent with meals, etc.

I'm guessing we might possibly be using the same tool based on number of characters blanked out with a *. I have no intention of promoting a tool not within the approved list, I merely shared my criteria for tools and how it led me to the one I'm using.
likewise, sbarr -- it's noted as a courtesy list, and i've bookmarked it for reference. overall it's great that there are lots more resources these days than the very few sites and books on offer when i last followed the plan some 10 years ago or so.

good times,
:-) h
holls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:09 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sbarr
Stats: 220/182/135 (26-Jul)
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis (18 carb/70 protein/116 fat)
Start Date: Jan 2005/Jan 2011/Oct 2012/Jan 2014 - bah!!
holls - same - I started back in 2005 and there seemed to be one main tool which I never really settled into.

I like it when I can become clumsy but functional on a tool within 5-10 minutes and proficient enough within a half hour.
sbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:43 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JHoberer
Stats: 283/177.0/170, 5'10.5", 38
WOE: 1/08: Atkins, 8/11: HCG, 7/12: JUDDD, 10/12: HCG
Avocados are 3 net carbs each

I'll take a guess that you might be sensitive to coconut.

I also think you ought to add a few carbs- perhaps an ounce of nuts. They are full of trace minerals. Also, eat something with vitamin C- perhaps 1/2 a lemon?
JHoberer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 01:18 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MerryKate
WOE: Nutritional ketosis
Start Date: LC: 04/11 • NK 10/12
My tracker has a california haas avocado as 15g total carbs and 3.3 net carbs. The OPs three avocados/day would be 45 total carbs just on avocados - not the healthiest diet. It's best to keep total carbs to 50 or less for ketosis (and 40 or less for women).

As for the headaches, I've just recently started having headaches again, nearly daily, and I know they're triggered by the change of season. This time of year I usually get sinus headaches. Any chance your headache is non-diet-related?
MerryKate is offline   Reply With Quote