Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kathi b
Stats: 185/185/170
WOE: VLCHF
Start Date: June 2013
5 weeks of NK

Yay, I lost two pounds. That's the right direction.

This week my arthritis has been really bad - I took a lot more tylenol than usual. I'm sure that didn't somehow stimulate losing a couple of pounds.

My daughter's husband's aunt died last week. Daughter is a pastry chef - I taught her. She and I made a bunch of desserts for when the family got together. Good news is that I didn't eat any of the sweets except a tiny bite of the peach pie to make sure it was good. It was - it's been a great peach season so far. The added whipped cream helped.

I do miss making desserts. I can't tolerate any of the artificial sweeteners so I don't make modified anything.

But it felt really good being able to stay away from all the non-keto food that people brought.

I really do stop wanting it now when I see it.
kathi b is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2013, 03:34 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
That's fantastic Kathi. I don't like the fake sugars either. Ugh.
Good peaches, though, that's another thing.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:05 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MerryKate
Stats: 252/196.5/150
WOE: Nutritional ketosis
Start Date: April 2011
Have either of you tried monkfruit (aka lo han guo)? It's not artificial - it's a fruit with highly concentrated sweetness and no impact on blood sugar levels. It definitely has a fruity flavor, but it may work for you for lc baking.
MerryKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:56 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lazy girl
Have you tried tagatose? It is a natural sweetner that has been discussed in the recipe section. I'm not using it right now, but plan to in the far future when I'm not afraid to venture into some more complicated cooking.
lazy girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:04 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Selahgal
Stats: 243/240.5/140
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: 8/1/14
Sweetleaf liquid stevia is about the only REAL sweetener that I enjoy and has many many flavors too. Just have to work on getting right amount so it's not bitter tasting.
Selahgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:50 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/148/140
WOE: BFC-raw eating
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selahgal View Post
Sweetleaf liquid stevia is about the only REAL sweetener that I enjoy and has many many flavors too. Just have to work on getting right amount so it's not bitter tasting.
Hi Marci, I will give this brand a try. I've been using Kroger's stevia blend product. It is the powder form, and tastes "okay". But, I can still taste the bitterness. I definitely want to try the different flavors offered by Sweetleaf. Thanks for the recommendation. The reviews are pretty good.
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovetoknit
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathi b View Post
Yay, I lost two pounds. That's the right direction.

This week my arthritis has been really bad - I took a lot more tylenol than usual. I'm sure that didn't somehow stimulate losing a couple of pounds.

My daughter's husband's aunt died last week. Daughter is a pastry chef - I taught her. She and I made a bunch of desserts for when the family got together. Good news is that I didn't eat any of the sweets except a tiny bite of the peach pie to make sure it was good. It was - it's been a great peach season so far. The added whipped cream helped.

I do miss making desserts. I can't tolerate any of the artificial sweeteners so I don't make modified anything.

But it felt really good being able to stay away from all the non-keto food that people brought.

I really do stop wanting it now when I see it.
I used to take Tylenol a lot for body pain. I do not take it any more. I gave up totally grains and nightshades, and most sugar which eliminated most pain in my body. Also too much Tylenol can backfire and make your body hurt more. It also slows down the bile that comes from the liver which is hard on your body.
Carolyn
lovetoknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:55 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovetoknit
Quote:

I have some of that in the refrigerator. I have to say that I do not like it at all. I wish I knew someone close who does like it. I would give it to them.
Carolyn
lovetoknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnetteW
Stats: 182/144/135 (5'5", 50 yrs)
WOE: Atkins/NK
Start Date: Restart: May 6, 2013 @ 165lbs
Quote:
I really like the Sweetleaf liquid stevia, though I haven't tried any of the flavors. The other flavors at my Natural Grocers don't interest me, and I'd like a lemon flavored one for iced tea. Maybe Whole Foods (which is seriously next door to Natural Grocers) has it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoknit View Post
I have some of that in the refrigerator. I have to say that I do not like it at all. I wish I knew someone close who does like it. I would give it to them.
Carolyn
Some of the other brands I tried I didn't like at all and threw them all away. I wonder what it is that makes everyone taste things differently.
AnnetteW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Selahgal
Stats: 243/240.5/140
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: 8/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoknit View Post
Carolyn
Now that I know the amount to use, I love the stuff. Got about 10 flavors.
Selahgal is offline   Reply With Quote