Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/nutritional-ketosis-high-fat-low-carb/)
-   -   My numbers (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/nutritional-ketosis-high-fat-low-carb/808825-my-numbers.html)

Baconista 07-28-2013 12:55 PM

My numbers

Let me just say up front that I appreciate your time looking :)

I stay in trace ketones, sometimes moderate ( I know the urine strips are not that reliable). The scale had been moving downward all month until last week. Now I have stayed the same all this week. During the work week, and typically at home too, I survive on meats and cheeses, eggs and nuts. I rarely eat a normal meal anymore.

My average numbers are:
75/20/5%
Carbs 20g
Fat 150-190
Protein 90-100
Calories anywhere from 1200-1600

Yesterday, since I was home, I had a nice lunch and a great dinner... marbled grilled steak, cauliflower, cucumbers, tons of mayo and sour cream, and ate dessert twice which was pork rinds covered in chocolate made with coconut oil, cocoa and coconut flakes. Its my take on the low carb "puppy chow".

Today, I am in deep ketosis for the first time in weeks, turning the stix a nice wine color.
My numbers for last night were:
66/30/4%
Carbs 22
Fat 141
Protein 110
Calories 2000

I havent noticed a drop in the scale today, but maybe it will pay off tomorrow. Are last nights numbers more like where I should be on a daily basis when taking my weight into consideration? :confused:
Thanks for your help

Baconista 07-28-2013 12:57 PM

One additional difference, instead of my usual crappy 4-5 hours of sleep, last night i got 11 hours of sleep... and it was good :)

Ntombi 07-28-2013 01:03 PM

Just using ketostix is not helpful in determining your level of ketosis. That doesn't mean you must use a blood ketone meter, but I really wouldn't change my food based on the ketostix.

Also, it's not unusual to see a slowdown, or even a mini-stall (not a real stall), after the first two-three weeks on a ketogenic diet. Just keep doing what is working, and the scale will catch up.

I would cut down on the desserts, though. If you don't keep feeding that sweet tooth, it will subside.

Baconista 07-28-2013 01:12 PM

That was actually the first dessert I have had in about 2 months. All I really did was take my fat bomb recipe and pour it over pork rinds and pop them in the fridge. Nothing but CO, cocoa powder, unsweetened coconut flakes and a pinch of stevia. A hand full of that as a snack went a long way.

You have to eat it right out of the fridge though or you have a horrendous mess on your hands.. literally.

Might I ask where you have all gotten your blood ketone monitors?

Ntombi 07-28-2013 01:30 PM

I got both ketone meters free online. Google "Precision Xtra free" and "Novamax ketone meter free," and see. They basically give away the meters because they want you to buy the (expensive!!!) strips. The Precision Xtra is more accurate, but the strips are more expensive (like $2 a pop), just FYI. The Novamax strips are slightly less expensive, but you don't get quite as accurate a reading.

cfine 07-28-2013 03:06 PM

Looks good. Do you know EXACTLY how many grams of protein you need to keep your lean body mass? Also, do you know what you calories should be per day to lose weight for your age, weight, and activity level? These are important numbers that will help you to refine NK.