Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 06:11 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: April04
Stats: 216/190/150
WOE: NK 80/15/5
Start Date: April 4, 2013
Celebrating 100 Days NK :)

I couldn't have imagined, just 100 days ago, feeling this great!

My life has been forever altered by this WOE. As a cancer survivor, I was plagued by lymphedema, joint pain, which led to me feeling lousy most of the time. I had low energy and just let my weight go, I gave up.

But, on April 4, 2013 I found NK, and this journey has been life changing. I am calmer, happier and best of all, PAIN-FREE! This is the longest I've gone with out pain since 2009. And, I am planning to continue this forever.

Through NK 80/15/5, I have lost 28 pounds, helping me to look and feel better. I have more energy for my children and feel like I've taken my life back. I've been able to be ME at my best.

I am not a slave to my cravings for sugar and carbs. I am learning all about my body, my hunger cues, etc. The past 100 days have been absolutely life changing. I feel great in my own skin.

To all of the people who contribute to this board, thank you! All of your shared experiences and trials have helped me along the way with my progress on this journey. You are all trail blazers, eons ahead of the people preaching low fat, exercise and discipline to those of us who have failed miserably with that WOE, time and time again. For some of us, NK is the answer, and I'm grateful to have found it here.

P L A N, for Success!

Nothing is impossible, the word tells you itself:

I'm possible.
April04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2013, 06:19 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Thanks for your inspiring post!
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:43 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by April04 View Post

My life has been forever altered by this WOE. As a cancer survivor, I was plagued by lymphedema, joint pain, which led to me feeling lousy most of the time. I had low energy and just let my weight go, I gave up.

But, on April 4, 2013 I found NK, and this journey has been life changing. I am calmer, happier and best of all, PAIN-FREE! This is the longest I've gone with out pain since 2009. And, I am planning to continue this forever.

Through NK 80/15/5, I have lost 28 pounds, helping me to look and feel better. I have more energy for my children and feel like I've taken my life back. I've been able to be ME at my best.

I am not a slave to my cravings for sugar and carbs. I am learning all about my body, my hunger cues, etc. The past 100 days have been absolutely life changing. I feel great in my own skin.

To all of the people who contribute to this board, thank you! All of your shared experiences and trials have helped me along the way with my progress on this journey. You are all trail blazers, eons ahead of the people preaching low fat, exercise and discipline to those of us who have failed miserably with that WOE, time and time again. For some of us, NK is the answer, and I'm grateful to have found it here.
Wonderful to hear you are doing so well, and pain free! That alone is worth its weight in gold!! Great job! KUTGW!!
catjrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovetoknit
Quote:
Originally Posted by April04 View Post

So wonderful! I am so glad.
Carolyn
lovetoknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:59 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: luigi_uk
WOE: nutritional ketosis-Maintenance
Start Date: Aug 2012
great post april x

luigi_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Thank you for the cheers, Ladies!

I'm a little on cloud 9 today
Old 07-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Luigi! I would really like to shout it from the roof tops, but I thought everyone here would appreciate it more so than my neighbors!
Old 07-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Both moving and inspirational - I'm utterly delighted to read your story.

Well persevered.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnetteW
Stats: 182/144/135 (5'5", 50 yrs)
WOE: Atkins/NK
Start Date: Restart: May 6, 2013 @ 165lbs
What a lovely and inspiration post. I congratulate you on your successes.
AnnetteW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:04 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Thank you, Annette & Slowsure!