Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/nutritional-ketosis-high-fat-low-carb/)
-   -   Celebrating 100 Days NK :) (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/nutritional-ketosis-high-fat-low-carb/807863-celebrating-100-days-nk.html)

April04 07-12-2013 06:11 AM

Celebrating 100 Days NK :)

I couldn't have imagined, just 100 days ago, feeling this great!

My life has been forever altered by this WOE. As a cancer survivor, I was plagued by lymphedema, joint pain, which led to me feeling lousy most of the time. I had low energy and just let my weight go, I gave up.

But, on April 4, 2013 I found NK, and this journey has been life changing. I am calmer, happier and best of all, PAIN-FREE! This is the longest I've gone with out pain since 2009. And, I am planning to continue this forever.

Through NK 80/15/5, I have lost 28 pounds, helping me to look and feel better. I have more energy for my children and feel like I've taken my life back. I've been able to be ME at my best.

I am not a slave to my cravings for sugar and carbs. I am learning all about my body, my hunger cues, etc. The past 100 days have been absolutely life changing. I feel great in my own skin.

To all of the people who contribute to this board, thank you! All of your shared experiences and trials have helped me along the way with my progress on this journey. You are all trail blazers, eons ahead of the people preaching low fat, exercise and discipline to those of us who have failed miserably with that WOE, time and time again. For some of us, NK is the answer, and I'm grateful to have found it here.

Patience 07-12-2013 06:19 AM

Thanks for your inspiring post!

catjrow3 07-12-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by April04 (Post 16511415)

My life has been forever altered by this WOE. As a cancer survivor, I was plagued by lymphedema, joint pain, which led to me feeling lousy most of the time. I had low energy and just let my weight go, I gave up.

But, on April 4, 2013 I found NK, and this journey has been life changing. I am calmer, happier and best of all, PAIN-FREE! This is the longest I've gone with out pain since 2009. And, I am planning to continue this forever.

Through NK 80/15/5, I have lost 28 pounds, helping me to look and feel better. I have more energy for my children and feel like I've taken my life back. I've been able to be ME at my best.

I am not a slave to my cravings for sugar and carbs. I am learning all about my body, my hunger cues, etc. The past 100 days have been absolutely life changing. I feel great in my own skin.

To all of the people who contribute to this board, thank you! All of your shared experiences and trials have helped me along the way with my progress on this journey. You are all trail blazers, eons ahead of the people preaching low fat, exercise and discipline to those of us who have failed miserably with that WOE, time and time again. For some of us, NK is the answer, and I'm grateful to have found it here.

Wonderful to hear you are doing so well, and pain free! That alone is worth its weight in gold!! Great job! KUTGW!! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

lovetoknit 07-12-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by April04 (Post 16511415)

So wonderful! I am so glad.
Carolyn

luigi_uk 07-12-2013 09:59 AM

great post april x

:D

April04 07-12-2013 11:42 AM

Thank you for the cheers, Ladies!

I'm a little on cloud 9 today:) :) :)

April04 07-12-2013 11:43 AM

Thank you Luigi! I would really like to shout it from the roof tops, but I thought everyone here would appreciate it more so than my neighbors!

SlowSure 07-12-2013 01:32 PM

Both moving and inspirational - I'm utterly delighted to read your story.

Well persevered.

AnnetteW 07-12-2013 02:55 PM

What a lovely and inspiration post. I congratulate you on your successes. :jumpjoy:

April04 07-15-2013 06:04 PM

Thank you, Annette & Slowsure!