Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2013, 05:18 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: niciK
Stats: 312/286/165
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/1/2014 . 100th restart
Hi, I am new and I love fat, just not my own!

Hello all,

I am back to low carb. I am in my 3rd week. I am looking for some ideas and motivation to do this. I am in ketosis and do not wish to come out until end of goal.
Does anyone have a week of menu ideas? I do the coconut oil and butter in coffee, I eat lots of fats. I am wonder if it is too much fat?
I am very confused, as I do not know if I should add more fat, lessen it, add more carbs ect.

Right now I do about 140 grams of fat, 80-100 grams of protein and about 5 grams of carbs.
about 2000-2500 a day. some days higher, some days lower . A few days a week are very high, eating legal stuff, but a bit more like 7 ounces of cheese..ect.

Any tips are welcome. TIA
niciK is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2013, 05:32 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: emel
Stats: 179.4/158.8/130ish
WOE: Atkins OWL/NK hybrid
Your calculations are off somewhere---
140 fat + 100 Pro + 5 carb= 1680 cal

Are you eating any veggies? 5 g carbs a day sounds mighty low (or is that net? I count total). Veggies are good for us because they provide vitamins and minerals. Definitely supplement with a good multi vitamin/multi mineral if you're not eating them.

You're over 75% fat, about 20% protein, and a bit over 1% carb.
YOur protein seems correct if your goal weight is appropriate for your body.

You can monkey around with a food tracker to come up with tasty meal plans.
Until we hammer out your actual calorie to nutrient numbers, it will be hard to come up with accurate meal plans.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:40 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Be sure and count cheese carb accurately. It the label says 0 per ounce serving, for example, it means carb countent has not been rounded up to 1. With multiple servings of cheese you are getting carbs from cheese that you may be undercounting. I eat cheese but I work to never go over 4 ounces. That's Atkins inducation level, seems reasonable to me. As much as I love cheese, I savor the small amounts. Over time 4 ounces really seems like quite a lot. I am still working my head around this plan, so others can sure offer better advice than I can. Hang around and ask questions, that's the ticket.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovetoknit
Quote:
Originally Posted by niciK View Post
Hello all,

I am back to low carb. I am in my 3rd week. I am looking for some ideas and motivation to do this. I am in ketosis and do not wish to come out until end of goal.
Does anyone have a week of menu ideas? I do the coconut oil and butter in coffee, I eat lots of fats. I am wonder if it is too much fat?
I am very confused, as I do not know if I should add more fat, lessen it, add more carbs ect.

Right now I do about 140 grams of fat, 80-100 grams of protein and about 5 grams of carbs.
about 2000-2500 a day. some days higher, some days lower . A few days a week are very high, eating legal stuff, but a bit more like 7 ounces of cheese..ect.

Any tips are welcome. TIA
If you are staying very low carb and moderate protein and you do not lose weight, then try eating less fat. Also some people have problems when they eat nuts and seeds, dairy, and/or too many vegetables. You will have to tweak your diet to make it work for you. I think it really takes a month to tweak it to a point where you lose in a consistent manner. The first week, everyone usually loses a lot, but it slows down after that, so do not be discouraged.
Carolyn
lovetoknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Thanks. I think overall I am eating too many calories, too much added fat in the form of blue cheese dressing on everything and the bulletproof coffee before breakfast.

I am going to cut calories a bit and see how I do for a week or 2.
I am also adding more veggies and changing how I get fat.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:32 AM   #6
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by niciK View Post
Thanks. I think overall I am eating too many calories, too much added fat in the form of blue cheese dressing on everything and the bulletproof coffee before breakfast.

I am going to cut calories a bit and see how I do for a week or 2.
I am also adding more veggies and changing how I get fat.
If you make all those changes at once, how will you know what the solution is?
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Tough short term choice . . . losing weight or knowing why?

He's been getting feedback on another thread and there's a lot of consensus about cutting back on "tons of blue cheese dressing."
Old 07-14-2013, 09:31 AM   #8
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Thanks Bella. I hate to see people do a bunch of changes all at once and inevitably place the blame on things that may or may not be the cause. It can make life far more restrictive than necessary.
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovetoknit
Quote:
Originally Posted by clackley View Post
Thanks Bella. I hate to see people do a bunch of changes all at once and inevitably place the blame on things that may or may not be the cause. It can make life far more restrictive than necessary.
I think that is true. What I ended up doing is taking out almost everything but the protein and fat, and then I added in one thing at a time to see how it affected me. It took me a while, but now I know what to expect from the food I eat.
Carolyn
lovetoknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:00 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

I get what what you are saying.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Hi all! I agree so much. I got a LOT of feedback in the main lobby.

I know myself and I can't do too many changes all at once. I am lowering calories, this is done by lowering my fats. I was adding fats to fatty foods.
Yes I got blasted for my blue cheese usage, lol. I am cutting back on it.

I am adding a bit of veggies, but will be under 20 grams a day still. I was not eating any veggies except spinach and a salad.

I am a female btw. I admit I am still confused. I need to listen to advice, but not heed it all at once. Too overwhelming and conflicting.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:30 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

That's kind of where I am niciK. Try to do one thing at a time and if it works, convert it into a habit. I do like to hear lots of opinions, and then sift through it. Conflicting isn't bad . . it's to be expected to some extent since we are unique individuals. Trying to do everything at once is overwhelming to me. Less overwhelming to take one step at a time. As several posters have said, we got to where we are one day at a time, so it's going to take some commitment of days to get to a healthier lighter feel-better place.