Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 11:09 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grateful_Love
Stats: 272/235/170 (5'1'')
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart May 2014
Today I bought "Carrington Farms" from a local grocery store..I bet that I'll have much more selection when I get to Whole Foods, but--it worked for today. :-) I added two tablespoons of melted coconut oil to 3 squares of a melted ghiaridelli unsweetened cacao chocolate bar. Then I added two packets of sweetener, and two pecan halves to each one in a muffin tin.

They are slightly more bitter than I was hoping--and they have a funny after taste BUT, they worked and taste okay.

I'm thinking that maybe adding some cream cheese might help take the edge off the bitterness from the unsweetened chocolate without adding in any artificial sweetener after taste?

Most importantly, I've learned that it's wise to look up on the top shelves when shopping--I'd never even HEARD of coconut oil before I started LC-ing. It's fab. Thanks guys. :-)
Grateful_Love is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2013, 04:14 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnetteW
Stats: 182/144/135 (5'5", 50 yrs)
WOE: Atkins/NK
Start Date: Restart: May 6, 2013 @ 165lbs
We can get the Carrington Farms CO from Costco now and it tastes good and doesn't cost too much. I really dislike the CO from Trader Joe's, and another one I didn't like but I don't remember the name.

Nutiva is good, Spectrum is good too, and Tropical Traditions.

I don't enjoy the CO with chocolate and artificial sweetner, the cocoa bark I guess they call it. I might have to experiment with the fat bombs a bit, but I don't find them all that interesting.
AnnetteW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:30 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
I also have Dr. Bronner's Magic CO in my cupboard.
There is a whole kernel version . . . and I guess a non whole kernel version.
I can't tell any difference from the nutrition label. Anyone know?

My fav fat bombs by far are ones with nut butters, but I overeat them so not going there except under special circumstances (like maybe travel). At present I am going for a mixture of CO, Butter, Protein Powder, a bit of salt, a bit of vanilla extract. I mix them up a serving at a time, when I need a bit of extra fat and protein. Otherwise I just eat a spoonful of a mix of butter and CO. Sure is easy and tasty, imo.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote