Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkathy01 View Post
Noooooo I sure didn't ditch you guys! I just saw this! Haven't seen some of these for some reason Thanks for checkin' on me!
Well I think I just got through all of your posts! LOL Glad you are all caught up and now and not missing anymore!! LOL

Yes, I am Cathy with a C... not a K... everyone spells it with a K...

Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2013, 04:42 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: iamkathy01
Stats: 147/125.5/???
WOE: Was Low Carb/Now NK
Start Date: In the 90's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by clackley View Post
I have to use a food tracker to figure out what I am consuming....no if ands or buts about it!

I too gained when first getting my n.k. foods sorted out. I have arrived at 15g carb, 107g fat and 45g protein. This translates into 4/18/78 in terms of ratios. Yours will be quite a bit different as I am menopausal and my muscle ratio is quite a bit lower than you ( to say the least )
Clackley, are you another CATHY??? Geez. lots of us here! Your marcros are pretty much where mine are and I find it HARD to keep them there.

Today I had what I call a NK Shake- (our other Cathy told me about it) for
breakfast- it is high fat, and about 250 calories

Lunch was oopsie roll with 1 oz of leftover beef and a piece of cheese, 1/4 ounce of pork rinds with some dip

and dinner was Mahi-Mahi THREE ounces, and 4 ounces of cooked asparagus
and I am struggling to get my fat where I want it for the day-

diet jello with an ounce of HWC later and still only 95 grams of fat which is like 76% for the day!

I spend my life playing with this stuff, but am finding that I really don't need as much food as I always thought and also how fast it adds up! Geesh!
Old 07-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovetoknit
Quote:
I am 5 ' 3" Carolyn and have not been in the 120's in a LONG time and I like it. Don't want to go any lower because I am not a spring chicken and don't want to look drawn either. If I make 126 I am done!
Good. I am sure you look wonderful! We just cannot go back to the old way of eating or we put it all back on again.
Carolyn
Old 07-03-2013, 06:37 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Clackley, are you another CATHY??? Geez. lots of us here! Your marcros are pretty much where mine are and I find it HARD to keep them there.

Today I had what I call a NK Shake- (our other Cathy told me about it) for
breakfast- it is high fat, and about 250 calories

Lunch was oopsie roll with 1 oz of leftover beef and a piece of cheese, 1/4 ounce of pork rinds with some dip

and dinner was Mahi-Mahi THREE ounces, and 4 ounces of cooked asparagus
and I am struggling to get my fat where I want it for the day-

diet jello with an ounce of HWC later and still only 95 grams of fat which is like 76% for the day!

I spend my life playing with this stuff, but am finding that I really don't need as much food as I always thought and also how fast it adds up! Geesh!
Kathy, meant to ask how your oopsies turned out? Did you get your new pan?

I went to dinner at Olive garden and I think my day is blown really now. I ate the venetian chicken, and it came with asparagus and broccoli and did not eat the bread, but the apricot sauce probably will do me in, or the wine Ahh well... better not test tomorrow...
Old 07-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoknit View Post
Good. I am sure you look wonderful! We just cannot go back to the old way of eating or we put it all back on again.
Carolyn
Old 07-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
Well I think I just got through all of your posts! LOL Glad you are all caught up and now and not missing anymore!! LOL

Yes, I am Cathy with a C... not a K... everyone spells it with a K...
I am glad I am not missing anymore too!
Old 07-04-2013, 04:15 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Kathy, meant to ask how your oopsies turned out? Did you get your new pan?

I went to dinner at Olive garden and I think my day is blown really now. I ate the venetian chicken, and it came with asparagus and broccoli and did not eat the bread, but the apricot sauce probably will do me in, or the wine Ahh well... better not test tomorrow...

Cathy, I still have "issues" with them, but they turn out nice in the pan!
I just have to be patient folding the yolks in the whites! It is NOT one of my virtues!
Kathy
Old 07-04-2013, 06:10 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Mashed Cauliflower? Anyone here ever make it? We LOVE it!
Kathy
Old 07-04-2013, 06:15 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Not mashed, but I really like cauli-rice. Just cauliflower shredded in the food processor.
Now that I say that, I haven't had for a long time, so will add that rare good white food to my shopping list.

I am becoming more intrigued with this WOE. How much water do you all drink? I strive for 64 ounces minimum a day.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:18 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnetteW
Stats: 182/144/135 (5'5", 50 yrs)
WOE: Atkins/NK
Start Date: Restart: May 6, 2013 @ 165lbs
Kathy, I love mashed cauliflower. Make it in the food processor, and add cream (naturally) and cream cheese, along with some butter, salt and pepper.

Totally divine.

We've been doing cauliflower rice too lately, have you done that?
Old 07-04-2013, 06:22 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnetteW
Stats: 182/144/135 (5'5", 50 yrs)
WOE: Atkins/NK
Start Date: Restart: May 6, 2013 @ 165lbs
Finally order 30 days of ketone strips and they are supposed to be here on Saturday (does UPS deliver on Sat?) Either way, once they are here I will hit this super duper hard. I've already been doing a good job, but I'm going to try even harder, at least for a few months and see what happens.

I'm already tired of eating out this week, my daughter is visiting from CA and I haven't seen her for almost a year, and lunches have been out. My ketostix still show pink though, so I guess that means something (I hope at least) and I haven't packed on any weight.

I'm looking forward to the July 4th cookout because there is one area low-carb is easy to do, if you stay away from chips and potato salad and fancy drinks. I'm bringing deviled eggs, and antipasta platter (cheese, salami, olives,) super fatty dip (yea!) and veggies. I can munch all afternoon if I choose.

Wishing everyone a happy 4th of July.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:42 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnetteW View Post
Kathy, I love mashed cauliflower. Make it in the food processor, and add cream (naturally) and cream cheese, along with some butter, salt and pepper.

Totally divine.

We've been doing cauliflower rice too lately, have you done that?
I have done the rice and I saw it done on TV one day and instead of putting it thru a food processor they put it in a blender with water and let it go and then drained the water! Looked easier and less mess!

The mashed cauliflower I have found works well with my "stick blender" too and someone told me once to add cottage cheese to it and it is good too! Good luck this week! You can do it!
Kathy
Old 07-04-2013, 06:47 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Not mashed, but I really like cauli-rice. Just cauliflower shredded in the food processor.
Now that I say that, I haven't had for a long time, so will add that rare good white food to my shopping list.

I am becoming more intrigued with this WOE. How much water do you all drink? I strive for 64 ounces minimum a day.
That is a good amount Bella- I have a 24 ounce water bottle that I fill 2-3 times a day, two 16 ounce coffee, 16 ounce "shake" plus water with dinner.
When I notice muscle cramping I drinks some broth, which is on the schedule for today! Kathy
Old 07-04-2013, 07:09 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Muscle cramping is my most serious issue. In addition to daily magenesium, calcium, and lots of potassium, I have found that additional salt provides the only relief. I was a skeptic about salt when I first joined LCF in March (potassium had done the trick for me in previous low carb efforts), but I am a convert now. Right now I need more than daily broth. I've never been one to salt things so that is a big adjustment. I am hoping when I settle more into my eating plan, I won't find the need to drink salt water at times. I am certainly not one of those people who retain water. I found when I let my self get a bit dehydrated at a conference about a month ago, cramping hit me with a vengeance. So now I am really working on tracking my potassium, salt and water . . . I don't know what the magic balance is but I know the result I want is not waking up with leg cramps. The last few days have been the best in quite a few weeks. Three days ago a night without a single cramp and only the mildest sorts the last two nights. One was a cramp in my big toe, go figure, but lasted only a few seconds.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:11 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Muscle cramping is my most serious issue. In addition to daily magenesium, calcium, and lots of potassium, I have found that additional salt provides the only relief. I was a skeptic about salt when I first joined LCF in March (potassium had done the trick for me in previous low carb efforts), but I am a convert now. Right now I need more than daily broth. I've never been one to salt things so that is a big adjustment. I am hoping when I settle more into my eating plan, I won't find the need to drink salt water at times. I am certainly not one of those people who retain water. I found when I let my self get a bit dehydrated at a conference about a month ago, cramping hit me with a vengeance. So now I am really working on tracking my potassium, salt and water . . . I don't know what the magic balance is but I know the result I want is not waking up with leg cramps. The last few days have been the best in quite a few weeks. Three days ago a night without a single cramp and only the mildest sorts the last two nights. One was a cramp in my big toe, go figure, but lasted only a few seconds.
Ouch, I am groaning here- I had toe cramps yesterday and they HURT!
How much water do you put in your salt?
Kathy
Old 07-04-2013, 07:33 AM   #46
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
A recent tip I learned about mashed cauli is to put it through a potato ricer to extract as much water as possible. It makes for a very good end product but the amount of carbs goes up per serving because now there is less of it.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:35 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

It varies a lot, basically because I don't have a good idea about water to salt ratio, so mostly guessing. I did read recently about aiming at 2 tsp a day. So just as a rough guess I am typically mixing a scant tsp in 8 ounces of water. What's your advice?
Old 07-04-2013, 07:37 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

I am not a huge fan of cauliflower. I want to like it, but smeh!

Not testing today, definitely knocked myself out last night... went off the rails a bit. Boo for me! Now I have to work myself back down the scale and back into ketosis!!

Happy 4th everyone!
Old 07-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clackley View Post
A recent tip I learned about mashed cauli is to put it through a potato ricer to extract as much water as possible. It makes for a very good end product but the amount of carbs goes up per serving because now there is less of it.
Oh interesting! I normally microwave mine in as little water as possible, then drain well on paper towels. So the potato ricer is AFTER it is cooked?
Kathy
Old 07-04-2013, 08:07 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am not a huge fan of cauliflower. I want to like it, but smeh!

Not testing today, definitely knocked myself out last night... went off the rails a bit. Boo for me! Now I have to work myself back down the scale and back into ketosis!!

Happy 4th everyone!
LOL, but did you ENJOY it??? THAT is the important thing! I am still craving that wine!
Old 07-04-2013, 08:08 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
It varies a lot, basically because I don't have a good idea about water to salt ratio, so mostly guessing. I did read recently about aiming at 2 tsp a day. So just as a rough guess I am typically mixing a scant tsp in 8 ounces of water. What's your advice?
I don't have a clue Bella! Maybe someone here will. I make grassfed beef broth and that is what I drink when I feel the cramps start- two cups and in the 8 cups of broth that is made- I put probably a heaping Tablespoon of sea salt....
Kathy
Old 07-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

I've started putting a pinch of salt in my coffee and using salted butter.
I think I can up the salt in my broth a bit. Someone posted on another thread about putting a pinch of salt into every glass of water.

Interesting to me how my leg cramps get integrated into my dreams. My toe cramp was in a dream about having gout. How weird is that!?
Old 07-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
LOL, but did you ENJOY it??? THAT is the important thing! I am still craving that wine!
Yes I think so... I usually feel so guilty while doing it that I have a hard time enjoying it!
Old 07-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I've started putting a pinch of salt in my coffee and using salted butter.
I think I can up the salt in my broth a bit. Someone posted on another thread about putting a pinch of salt into every glass of water.

Interesting to me how my leg cramps get integrated into my dreams. My toe cramp was in a dream about having gout. How weird is that!?
Bella, I think you are special to be able to do that! Interesting what our brains do huh? Yeah, we should probably be doing a pinch in every bottle at least! Kathy
Old 07-04-2013, 08:46 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yes I think so... I usually feel so guilty while doing it that I have a hard time enjoying it!
Boy do I understand THAT! You got any good recipes for Clam Chowder? I just figured one up and it only came to like 75% fat, which I thought was low for cream, cream cheese, butter and bacon!

Kathy
Old 07-04-2013, 08:50 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Boy do I understand THAT! You got any good recipes for Clam Chowder? I just figured one up and it only came to like 75% fat, which I thought was low for cream, cream cheese, butter and bacon!

Kathy
Not a fan of clam chowder, so dont eat it and no recipes... try a google search? might come up with something great that way!!

Doing anything fun for the 4th? I think we are going to get on the bikes and have a nice long bicycle ride today
Old 07-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: translationmx
Stats: 180/136 now 167/160.8/140
WOE: NK baby!
Start Date: Every day!!
Count me in for missing that huge steak with several glasses of wine

Down a bit today, 163.2# for me this morning.

I'm waiting for my test strips in the mail. I've upped my protein intake and my calories a bit, so I'm curious to see how am I doing.

Happy 4th of July, everybody!!!
Old 07-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Subbing
Old 07-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by translationmx View Post
Count me in for missing that huge steak with several glasses of wine

Down a bit today, 163.2# for me this morning.

I'm waiting for my test strips in the mail. I've upped my protein intake and my calories a bit, so I'm curious to see how am I doing.

Happy 4th of July, everybody!!!
I think we should plan a date and all do a big steak and wine- purely as a scientific experiment mind you to see the impact it has on our different bodies! Anyone in??? Kathy
Old 07-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Not a fan of clam chowder, so dont eat it and no recipes... try a google search? might come up with something great that way!!

Doing anything fun for the 4th? I think we are going to get on the bikes and have a nice long bicycle ride today
No fun here! Pork tenderloin in the crock pot- gonna spend a lazy day reading and watching fireworks tonight! Enjoy that bike ride! Kathy
Closed Thread